Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That top picture makes me think that's Natasha Irons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That top picture makes me think that's Natasha Irons.
    Oh, definitely

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    lol

This! One of my many pet peeves of the show. Kara should be a scientist. Interning at either the DEO, Star Labs, or even Cadmus. Her stories should be in the vain of Tom Strong, old school Captain Comet or Doc Savage. She should be a science hero who happens to be a Kryptonian.

lol

I posted that story in the thread! It was fantastic, definitely wish they had gone that route in the show at one point.

lol

So I take it someone didn't like that direction in the show.

So I take it someone didn't like that direction in the show.
    Does anyone?

All the Supergirl fans on Twitter do is complain and loudly shout about how they want Kara and Lena to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Does anyone?

All the Supergirl fans on Twitter do is complain and loudly shout about how they want Kara and Lena to hook up.
    Well, they also complained about her quitting her job in a recent episode so...

Well, they also complained about her quitting her job in a recent episode so...
    They also complained that the show didn’t adapt enough Supergirl stories and just poached from Clark! They like to complain, they’d fit in well here amongst us

Astonishing Member

I feel that there is even more of a reason for Kara to be a journalist than for Clark to be. Clark works at a newspaper so that he can know immediately about disasters and other crisis situations where he could be of help as Superman. Kara should work at a newspaper so that she can be assigned to report on "human interest" stories, political issues, and economic issues, which would give her an opportunity to learn in greater depth about human society and about the strengths and shortcomings of the world to which she is still relatively a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Does anyone?

lol, on another site I used to go to this one Supergirl fan would always bring up how much they hated Mon-El in just about every thread (regardless of topic) they could.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I feel that there is even more of a reason for Kara to be a journalist than for Clark to be. Clark works at a newspaper so that he can know immediately about disasters and other crisis situations where he could be of help as Superman. Kara should work at a newspaper so that she can be assigned to report on "human interest" stories, political issues, and economic issues, which would give her an opportunity to learn in greater depth about human society and about the strengths and shortcomings of the world to which she is still relatively a newcomer.
    That was the original case in Pre-Crisis, but that reason doesn’t make sense anymore. With Clark’s superhearing he can just hear crises and respond with super speed. So Post-Crisis he’s a journalist because he likes doing it:

As for Kara I just don’t buy her being interested in journalism. Did Krypton even have journalists? They certainly didn’t seem to play a role in society by Kara’s time. Furthermore as an El she should’ve been groomed for the sciences, which is also why I don’t buy her going to school. Kara’s knowledge she learned in Kryptonian middle school should put her on par with the top DC geniuses in terms of scientific knowledge. There’s nothing human education (particularly American education) can teach her at this point. Working at STAR would still allow her to establish human connections while also letting her use her Kryptonian knowledge as well as separating her from her cousin. As a general rule I’m not a fan of the rest of the Supers copying Clark, I just think that’s boring.
    lol, on another site I used to go to this one Supergirl fan would always bring up how much they hated Mon-El in just about every thread (regardless of topic) they could.
    Lmao I’ve see that hate and it’s hilarious considering Melissa married that actor in real life. So the Mon-El fans won! Honestly I wouldn’t even care if Kara and Lena got together, Lena does fit Kara’s traditional “type”: blonde, of dubious morality, and incredibly intelligent. If I were to write a new Kara ongoing I’d take the Future State idea of her founding a lunar colony and put Lena and Brainiac 5 there for a love triangle.