Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This actually makes me think the New 52 -> Rebirth transition for Kara actually made sense from a narrative standpoint as she relaxed and embraced Earth more.
    I’ve never had a problem with Kara lightening up (although I also still think ultimately Kara leaving Earth to try to find a better fit for her makes sense), so Kara gradually reigning in her temper works for me and I liked that Orlando simply built on the New 52 to leave her in a calmer place. I found the plots boring but I never had a problem with his characterization for Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve never had a problem with Kara lightening up (although I also still think ultimately Kara leaving Earth to try to find a better fit for her makes sense), so Kara gradually reigning in her temper works for me and I liked that Orlando simply built on the New 52 to leave her in a calmer place. I found the plots boring but I never had a problem with his characterization for Kara.
    I think that kind of defeats the purpose of her character arc, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that kind of defeats the purpose of her character arc, but to each their own.
    Depends on what you think her arc should be. Obviously you see it as Kara finding a place for herself on Earth, but I feel like that’s far too common and better done elsewhere. I see Kara’s arc as realizing you can’t shove a square peg into a circle hole. She comes to respect and admire aspects of Earth, but also realizes she won’t ever be happy there and needs to go elsewhere, whether that’s building a home for her and others like her on the moon, or going to the 31st century where Earth has finally caught up with Krypton.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Depends on what you think her arc should be. Obviously you see it as Kara finding a place for herself on Earth, but I feel like that’s far too common and better done elsewhere. I see Kara’s arc as realizing you can’t shove a square peg into a circle hole. She comes to respect and admire aspects of Earth, but also realizes she won’t ever be happy there and needs to go elsewhere, whether that’s building a home for her and others like her on the moon, or going to the 31st century where Earth has finally caught up with Krypton.
    I feel like as a complimentary yet contrasting story to Clark (since she remembers Krypton) it fits that she ends up embracing Earth and becoming one of it's staunch defenders.

The idea that she's not happy there is just kind of a little too sad to me. Like, she should find friends and loved ones there so I just don't really think it should become a place she doesn't want to live at any more, personally.

But also having her on Earth keeps Supergirl relevant and makes it easier for team-ups.

The most dangerous being in the multiverse?

https://www.deviantart.com/symbfan80...Girl-884585753
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Of course, they can use Ultraman after all. They just might not be able to use the name on the cover.
    Would Marvel still have Ultra Girl trademarked at this point? They haven't used the character in over a decade.

There's no Ultragirl connected to the Japanese Ultraman tokusatsu character (who, incidentally, Marvel happen to have comic book rights to currently).

There's other characters at the big two with shared names - and I don't just mean Captain Marvel. Bombshell comes to mind (a Teen Titan who is legacy of Captain Atom, and a Champion who was originally an ally of Ultimate Spider-Man).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Marvel still have Ultra Girl trademarked at this point? They haven't used the character in over a decade.

There's no Ultragirl connected to the Japanese Ultraman tokusatsu character (who, incidentally, Marvel happen to have comic book rights to currently).

There's other characters at the big two with shared names - and I don't just mean Captain Marvel. Bombshell comes to mind (a Teen Titan who is legacy of Captain Atom, and a Champion who was originally an ally of Ultimate Spider-Man).
    Well, technically slightly less than a decade.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jim Mooney.

SupergirlMooney.jpg

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Alex Saviuk Sketch.

SupergirlAlex Saviuk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Alex Saviuk Sketch.

SupergirlAlex Saviuk.jpg
    Post-Crisis look!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Over the years it seems like its become more and more popular for Kara to use her real name as part of her secret identity. Do you prefer Kara to go by Kara (Kent/Danvers/?) or Linda Lee/?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Over the years it seems like its become more and more popular for Kara to use her real name as part of her secret identity. Do you prefer Kara to go by Kara (Kent/Danvers/?) or Linda Lee/?
    Linda Lee is my favorite. Feels weird to me to see her use “Kara” as a “human” name since it’s not very common. I get that you can’t apply realism to how the disguise works, but having her go by “Kara” in her civilian disguise feels like it’s pushing it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What if Jonathan and Martha Kent had named their adopted baby Caleb Louis Kent? "Cal" L. Kent? Kinda the same thing, I'd say.

I'm somewhat partial to Linda Lang...