Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
    Extraordinary Member

I’m hearing Jon turns 18 soon, how old is Kara?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’m hearing Jon turns 18 soon, how old is Kara?
    21 per WoT

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Although who knows how that would be reckoned, since her youth was measured in Kryptonian years, and since she spent e^X years getting from Argo City to earth. Probably it was arbitrarily decided that she was about 16 when she arrived on earth, and all subsequent "birthdays" were measure from that date. Rather meaningless, IMHO. (Does she have a driver's license or passport? if so, what do they give as her birth date? And why would she have a driver's license or passport?)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Although who knows how that would be reckoned, since her youth was measured in Kryptonian years, and since she spent e^X years getting from Argo City to earth. Probably it was arbitrarily decided that she was about 16 when she arrived on earth, and all subsequent "birthdays" were measure from that date. Rather meaningless, IMHO. (Does she have a driver's license or passport? if so, what do they give as her birth date? And why would she have a driver's license or passport?)
    You’re overthinking it lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    21 per WoT

I feel like she was in high school two years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel like she was in high school two years ago
    Way time passes in comics doesn’t make sense and that’s precisely why I usually roll my eyes at people trying to give hard ages to characters. Sometimes characters age while others don’t and I’m not just talking about Jon. At best you can give vague hand waves “they’re young adults”, “they’re teens”, “they’re well into adulthood”, but because time doesn’t flow in an organic way for comic characters it just doesn’t make sense to care about ages. Only reason I think Kara being 21 matters is I think she’s going to become Superwoman soon.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Welll... about that.... The old Krypton Chronicles specified that 18 K-years = 25 Earth years. Sooo 16 in K-years would be 22 in Earth years.

At the end of the day, King wanted an older Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

So with Jon taking over the role of Superman (even if only temporarily), Kara really is older than Superman now. It is therefore appropriate that Kara change her identity to Superwoman and establish that she is the senior member of the Kryptonian Cousins Club these days.