Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 380
  1. #316
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This actually makes me think the New 52 -> Rebirth transition for Kara actually made sense from a narrative standpoint as she relaxed and embraced Earth more.
    I’ve never had a problem with Kara lightening up (although I also still think ultimately Kara leaving Earth to try to find a better fit for her makes sense), so Kara gradually reigning in her temper works for me and I liked that Orlando simply built on the New 52 to leave her in a calmer place. I found the plots boring but I never had a problem with his characterization for Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #317
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve never had a problem with Kara lightening up (although I also still think ultimately Kara leaving Earth to try to find a better fit for her makes sense), so Kara gradually reigning in her temper works for me and I liked that Orlando simply built on the New 52 to leave her in a calmer place. I found the plots boring but I never had a problem with his characterization for Kara.
    I think that kind of defeats the purpose of her character arc, but to each their own.

  3. #318
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that kind of defeats the purpose of her character arc, but to each their own.
    Depends on what you think her arc should be. Obviously you see it as Kara finding a place for herself on Earth, but I feel like that’s far too common and better done elsewhere. I see Kara’s arc as realizing you can’t shove a square peg into a circle hole. She comes to respect and admire aspects of Earth, but also realizes she won’t ever be happy there and needs to go elsewhere, whether that’s building a home for her and others like her on the moon, or going to the 31st century where Earth has finally caught up with Krypton.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #319
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Depends on what you think her arc should be. Obviously you see it as Kara finding a place for herself on Earth, but I feel like that’s far too common and better done elsewhere. I see Kara’s arc as realizing you can’t shove a square peg into a circle hole. She comes to respect and admire aspects of Earth, but also realizes she won’t ever be happy there and needs to go elsewhere, whether that’s building a home for her and others like her on the moon, or going to the 31st century where Earth has finally caught up with Krypton.
    I feel like as a complimentary yet contrasting story to Clark (since she remembers Krypton) it fits that she ends up embracing Earth and becoming one of it's staunch defenders.

    The idea that she's not happy there is just kind of a little too sad to me. Like, she should find friends and loved ones there so I just don't really think it should become a place she doesn't want to live at any more, personally.

    But also having her on Earth keeps Supergirl relevant and makes it easier for team-ups.

  5. #320
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,371

    Default

    The most dangerous being in the multiverse?



    https://www.deviantart.com/symbfan80...Girl-884585753
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  6. #321
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course, they can use Ultraman after all. They just might not be able to use the name on the cover.
    Would Marvel still have Ultra Girl trademarked at this point? They haven't used the character in over a decade.

    There's no Ultragirl connected to the Japanese Ultraman tokusatsu character (who, incidentally, Marvel happen to have comic book rights to currently).

    There's other characters at the big two with shared names - and I don't just mean Captain Marvel. Bombshell comes to mind (a Teen Titan who is legacy of Captain Atom, and a Champion who was originally an ally of Ultimate Spider-Man).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #322
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Marvel still have Ultra Girl trademarked at this point? They haven't used the character in over a decade.

    There's no Ultragirl connected to the Japanese Ultraman tokusatsu character (who, incidentally, Marvel happen to have comic book rights to currently).

    There's other characters at the big two with shared names - and I don't just mean Captain Marvel. Bombshell comes to mind (a Teen Titan who is legacy of Captain Atom, and a Champion who was originally an ally of Ultimate Spider-Man).
    Well, technically slightly less than a decade.

  8. #323
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Jim Mooney.

    SupergirlMooney.jpg

  9. #324
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,029

    Default


    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  10. #325
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Alex Saviuk Sketch.


    SupergirlAlex Saviuk.jpg

  11. #326
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Alex Saviuk Sketch.


    SupergirlAlex Saviuk.jpg
    Post-Crisis look!

  12. #327
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Over the years it seems like its become more and more popular for Kara to use her real name as part of her secret identity. Do you prefer Kara to go by Kara (Kent/Danvers/?) or Linda Lee/?

  13. #328
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Over the years it seems like its become more and more popular for Kara to use her real name as part of her secret identity. Do you prefer Kara to go by Kara (Kent/Danvers/?) or Linda Lee/?
    Linda Lee is my favorite. Feels weird to me to see her use “Kara” as a “human” name since it’s not very common. I get that you can’t apply realism to how the disguise works, but having her go by “Kara” in her civilian disguise feels like it’s pushing it.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #329
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Over the years it seems like its become more and more popular for Kara to use her real name as part of her secret identity. Do you prefer Kara to go by Kara (Kent/Danvers/?) or Linda Lee/?
    What if Jonathan and Martha Kent had named their adopted baby Caleb Louis Kent? "Cal" L. Kent? Kinda the same thing, I'd say.

  15. #330
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,770

    Default

    I'm somewhat partial to Linda Lang...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •