Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

David' series was very good. , because,it was well written, it gave Supergirl an asertive personality and clear objetives and a cast of characters you care about. There was drama, intrigue, action. Not everyone cup of tea, I admit, but it was a huge improvement about how was the character was being treated before. Or after, if you see the first post-crisis years of Kara Zor-El.

Now, I have no idea what King is going to do or which surprise is going to be, but possible a easter eeg or some minor reference? It would not change the fact that series was a excellent era and at least me, enjoyed reading it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Maybe Supergirl or one of the characters goes Flame Angel?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Supergirl or one of the characters goes Flame Angel?
    Maybe that is her One Million counterpart and they meet each other same as Supes meeting his Golden Sun God One Million counterpart

In all seriousness I haven’t read that run so I’ll need one of you who has to point it out to me when it pops up
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...369632775?s=21

We know the name of the girl Kara’s protecting and apparently there will be references to the “Linda Danvers” era. Never read that but that’s cool to see it getting acknowledged, I know it was very popular.
    Very cool. I'm definitely buying this series monthly. Not waiting for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    David' series was very good. , because,it was well written, it gave Supergirl an asertive personality and clear objetives and a cast of characters you care about. There was drama, intrigue, action. Not everyone cup of tea, I admit, but it was a huge improvement about how was the character was being treated before. Or after, if you see the first post-crisis years of Kara Zor-El.

Now, I have no idea what King is going to do or which surprise is going to be, but possible a easter eeg or some minor reference? It would not change the fact that series was a excellent era and at least me, enjoyed reading it.
    I'm gonna have to read David's Supergirl. I just never gave it a chance cause it wasn't Kara.

Astonishing Member

Kara believes that the only way to save Jimmy's life is to use her Linda Lee Danvers identity to get him fired. In other words, a typical day in the Daily Planet newsroom, in 1964.

https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...369632775?s=21

We know the name of the girl Kara’s protecting and apparently there will be references to the “Linda Danvers” era. Never read that but that’s cool to see it getting acknowledged, I know it was very popular.
    I wonder if they'll refer to Linda as being a retired superhero who used the Supergirl name before Kara arrived on Earth. Maybe she stood down due to Kara showing up - pre-Flashpoint post-Crisis Kara debuted towards the end of PAD's run, didn't she? And that origin is likely to have overridden New 52 now (pre-Crisis Supergirl is totally incompatible, as Kara would need a major age up).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if they'll refer to Linda as being a retired superhero who used the Supergirl name before Kara arrived on Earth. Maybe she stood down due to Kara showing up - pre-Flashpoint post-Crisis Kara debuted towards the end of PAD's run, didn't she? And that origin is likely to have overridden New 52 now (pre-Crisis Supergirl is totally incompatible, as Kara would need a major age up).
    Kara is unfortunately a victim of the post-Reborn cluster**** that is Superman continuity. Technically all of her New 52 adventures still happened, her Rebirth run is built off of some stuff that happened in New 52, and so her origin is technically still the New 52 one but DC has wisely avoided calling back to any origin specifics since trying to reconcile everything that happened would be a Herculean task.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm still wondering if Kara will have arrived on Earth before or after Jon was born once this continuity mess finally settles. The former means a massive age-up for her (but then again, I'm getting the impression she'll be aged-up soon enough) and the later goes against her having been a thing in comics for decades before Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I'm still wondering if Kara will have arrived on Earth before or after Jon was born once this continuity mess finally settles. The former means a massive age-up for her (but then again, I'm getting the impression she'll be aged-up soon enough) and the later goes against her having been a thing in comics for decades before Jon.
    Now that you mention it, I have no idea how her age and history tracks with Jon's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, I have no idea how her age and history tracks with Jon's history.
    Wouldn’t be the first time characters aged at different rates at the Big 2.

Kara is unfortunately a victim of the post-Reborn cluster**** that is Superman continuity. Technically all of her New 52 adventures still happened, her Rebirth run is built off of some stuff that happened in New 52, and so her origin is technically still the New 52 one but DC has wisely avoided calling back to any origin specifics since trying to reconcile everything that happened would be a Herculean task.
    Oh, other than the origin, everything else from New 52 would still have happened. But the stuff before Flashpoint will have also happened. It's much easier to reconcile than Shazam, which really would be a cluster**** if they merged it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean I wouldn't be upset if they referenced her short stint as a Red Lantern at some point alongside her pre-flashpoint origins.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfShaolin View Post
    I'm gonna have to read David's Supergirl. I just never gave it a chance cause it wasn't Kara.
    I specially recomend issue 23. You ccouldn't see that kind of book published today.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin