Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I like King’s Supergirl a lot.

And good God is Evely killing it artwise on Kara:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

From what I've seen I'm half agreed and half-disagreed. Like it seems like he has a solid Kara at times but then he just has to go that extra mile like King does and she feels like a stand-in for another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I've seen I'm half agreed and half-disagreed. Like it seems like he has a solid Kara at times but then he just has to go that extra mile like King does and she feels like a stand-in for another character.
    His portrayal of her as very competent is what’s really winning me over. I also think having Ruthye narrate helps too. A lot of writers play up Kara’s youth and immaturity, and often times it just makes her tiring to read after a point. Seeing her be the adult is refreshing for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

His portrayal of her as very competent is what’s really winning me over. I also think having Ruthye narrate helps too. A lot of writers play up Kara’s youth and immaturity, and often times it just makes her tiring to read after a point. Seeing her be the adult is refreshing for me.
    I think she came off pretty mature in the Marc Andreyko run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she came off pretty mature in the Marc Andreyko run.
    I liked that run a lot too! Only run that didn’t do it for me post-Flashpoint was Orlando’s. Otherwise I’ve enjoyed Kara very much.

I liked that run a lot too! Only run that didn’t do it for me post-Flashpoint was Orlando’s. Otherwise I’ve enjoyed Kara very much.
    I think Orlando's run was okay but like a lot of his more "mainstream" DC stuff it just wasn't very exciting and had inconsistent art.

Honestly the most I remember about it is that Kara wouldn't use contractions .

Astonishing Member

It seems that this is the whole point of this mini-series. It begins on Kara's birthday (however that is reckoned!) when she claims that she is now finally considered a legal adult. This adventure is intended to develop her from her traditional role as "Supergirl" to her new role as the Woman of Tomorrow. She will be a kid no more. Putting her in the company of an actual kid allows her to get accustomed to the role of being the adult, which she was unable to do on earth while she was always in Clark's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It seems that this is the whole point of this mini-series. It begins on Kara's birthday (however that is reckoned!) when she claims that she is now finally considered a legal adult. This adventure is intended to develop her from her traditional role as "Supergirl" to her new role as the Woman of Tomorrow. She will be a kid no more. Putting her in the company of an actual kid allows her to get accustomed to the role of being the adult, which she was unable to do on earth while she was always in Clark's shadow.
    Does that make Babs her adult team-up partner?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Ramona Fardon.

RamonaFradonSG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Ramona Fardon.

RamonaFradonSG.jpg
    I like the blue dress .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I love the "woman of infinite patience" sequence. That super breath scene is really great, I could stare at that panel forever and continually hear the cards flying everywhere. Love the attitude here and throughout the issue as she gets more and more fed up.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Kara's old enough to know how old she is in Kryptonian terms. She just needs to convert that to the Terran time system of 24 hours to a day 365 days to a year. In theory, she could be 42 in Kryptonian years, and 21 in Earth years, if Krypton's year was exactly half the length of Earth's. Whatever it actually is, as long as Kara knows how long ago she was born, she can work out when her birthday should be.

She could of course simply celebrate it on the anniversary of when she landed on Earth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kara's old enough to know how old she is in Kryptonian terms. She just needs to convert that to the Terran time system of 24 hours to a day 365 days to a year. In theory, she could be 42 in Kryptonian years, and 21 in Earth years, if Krypton's year was exactly half the length of Earth's. Whatever it actually is, as long as Kara knows how long ago she was born, she can work out when her birthday should be.

She could of course simply celebrate it on the anniversary of when she landed on Earth.
    Hmmm at some point we mathed that in a discussion on Krypton.

took longer to find than it should have... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ryptonian-year

Yes, that should satiate your desire to learn about Kryptonian calendars. The math has several equations and lots of crunching. End result? Oh right... I was calculating the length of a Kryptonian day in hours as we measure them on Earth. I concluded it was 27.8.

Anyways, as listed there, Bridwell long ago established that 18 Kryptonian years is the same length of time as 25 Earth years. Also in Kryptonian years you were considered an adult at the age of 15. Which would be approximately 21 in Earth years.