Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That was the original case in Pre-Crisis, but that reason doesn’t make sense anymore. With Clark’s superhearing he can just hear crises and respond with super speed. So Post-Crisis he’s a journalist because he likes doing it:

As for Kara I just don’t buy her being interested in journalism. Did Krypton even have journalists? They certainly didn’t seem to play a role in society by Kara’s time. Furthermore as an El she should’ve been groomed for the sciences, which is also why I don’t buy her going to school. Kara’s knowledge she learned in Kryptonian middle school should put her on par with the top DC geniuses in terms of scientific knowledge. There’s nothing human education (particularly American education) can teach her at this point. Working at STAR would still allow her to establish human connections while also letting her use her Kryptonian knowledge as well as separating her from her cousin. As a general rule I’m not a fan of the rest of the Supers copying Clark, I just think that’s boring.
    I think in the context of the show it was because she respected Cat Grant and it let her better understand humanity/push forward the truth regarding aliens and how they're not all here to annihilate humanity. Her reporting had a very social bent on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in the context of the show it was because she respected Cat Grant and it let her better understand humanity/push forward the truth regarding aliens and how they're not all here to annihilate humanity. Her reporting had a very social bent on the show.
    In the show wasn’t she barely older than a baby herself and spent a long time raised by her adopted family the Danvers? While what you’re saying does make sense, it doesn’t really line up with Kara more or less having Clark’s upbringing as well (plus that reporting angle is something Clark does so again it feels too copycat for me). She should already understand humans and be able to connect given she was raised amongst them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In the show wasn’t she barely older than a baby herself and spent a long time raised by her adopted family the Danvers? While what you’re saying does make sense, it doesn’t really line up with Kara more or less having Clark’s upbringing as well (plus that reporting angle is something Clark does so again it feels too copycat for me). She should already understand humans and be able to connect given she was raised amongst them.
    I think she was 13 when she got rocketed from Krypton and ended up on Earth.

She also had a lot of growing pains on Earth that she never really shed until she became Supergirl.

I'm with Vordan, STAR Labs makes more sense for Supergirl than a journalist. It's probably the only place where she can feel at home at.

Kara Zor-El reminded me what it was like after I overcame bullying. I feel like she was bullied before she left Krypton. It's something never talked about but when she lost her way for a moment, I thought "oooooo she's got trauma that happened before being stuck in space"

Quote Originally Posted by 2real View Post
    Kara Zor-El reminded me what it was like after I overcame bullying. I feel like she was bullied before she left Krypton. It's something never talked about but when she lost her way for a moment, I thought "oooooo she's got trauma that happened before being stuck in space"
    I think she's usually depicted as being at home and loving Krypton before you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 2real View Post
    Definitely remember stories of her being bullied when she tried to integrate into human society Pre-Flashpoint. Usually her Krypton life is portrayed as pretty ideal with everything that happens afterwards being where her life goes to hell.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm with Vordan, STAR Labs makes more sense for Supergirl than a journalist. It's probably the only place where she can feel at home at.
    The Arrowverse made some odd choices. Barry's the one who ended up at STAR Labs (as of Flash season 2, as the OWNER!)... despite the fact he also has his traditional CSI job. As for Clark, he's not a journalist either, because the Planet fired him. He tried being a football coach instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love this Kara .

Another evil Supergirl, but dang it she's hot .

BANNED

I'm here to second that Frontier.

Superhero chic casual clothes .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Bring on Vampirella
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog