Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    And Conners fingerless gloves
    Fingerless gloves do tend to make the rounds...

Final episode of her CW series today. Mon-El is coming back which means there should be tons of whining on Twitter. End of an era either way, very curious to see how they wrap things up. I won’t watch but I will be monitoring Twitter for the reaction
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The show had a good run, the first 3.5 seasons or so were pretty great imo! It kinda lost its mojo with the revolving door of cast/characters toward the end though; Kara seemed like a guest star in most episodes the past two years.

At least it never went as far off the rails as Legends of Tomorrow has. Seriously, wtf is going on over there...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The show had its issues, whether it be the typical Arrowverse ensemble dwarfing the main character or general plot issues, and there are certain things I think could've been better...but it's a show I still appreciated and will miss fondly, and it had great takes on Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Brainiac 5, Mxy, Lena, even Lex Luthor. Even an enjoyable new character like Dreamer (although I still love Dream Girl).

Melissa Benoist has made a major impact on the character and it's hard to imagine anyone else playing Kara (and Sasha Calle seems to be going for something so dramatically different by comparison).

Despite the problems with the current season and story, I hope the show can close out on a high note.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Final episode of her CW series today. Mon-El is coming back which means there should be tons of whining on Twitter. End of an era either way, very curious to see how they wrap things up. I won’t watch but I will be monitoring Twitter for the reaction
    I’m avoiding Twitter the next two days, from anticipating breakdowns and “articles” printed about Kara ended with the wrong person. Or/and about how “queerbairing needs to end”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m avoiding Twitter the next two days, from anticipating breakdowns and “articles” printed about Kara ended with the wrong person. Or/and about how “queerbairing needs to end”
    Seriously! I knew it was bad but I wasn't prepared for how toxic they can be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s going to be a shitstorm man they’re already screaming bloody murder about Mon being there. Absolutely wild to me that he’s important enough to have haters now, guess I can thank the show for that. My guess is she’ll either end up with Mon (since that’s probably the second most popular ship and Melissa is married to Chris in real life), she won’t end up with anyone as a way for everyone to be equally unhappy, or they’ll Korasami it with Kara and Lena holding hands in a way that maybeeee implies those two getting together (which would still piss Supercorp shippers off).

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s going to be a shitstorm man they’re already screaming bloody murder about Mon being there. Absolutely wild to me that he’s important enough to have haters now, guess I can thank the show for that. My guess is she’ll either end up with Mon (since that’s probably the second most popular ship and Melissa is married to Chris in real life), she won’t end up with anyone as a way for everyone to be equally unhappy, or they’ll Korasami it with Kara and Lena holding hands in a way that maybeeee implies those two getting together (which would still piss Supercorp shippers off).

It was so bad even Bendis got the impression Mon-El was toxic.

Judging by the seething on Twitter it looks like they went with Option B “Make everyone mad by Kara ending up alone”

I’m sure a million fanfics will be launched by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was so bad even Bendis got the impression Mon-El was toxic.
    I remember being stupefied by him commenting about that, and it’s what triggered me going down the Supergirl shipping hole to see why they hated him so much.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Now that the show's over, I do kind of wonder if the whole COIE thing was worth it. All it seemed to do was ruin Smallville and the 90s Flash show. S&L is doing it's own thing largely removed from the rest of the Arrowverse. Which I'm fine with. Supergirl more or less kept acting like it never happened. It may as well have taken place on Earth 38. What little of it I saw, anyway. And with her outing herself to the world, they may very well have to go that route to protect Clark and his family. I don't see the rest of the Arrowverse interacting with each other much over the next few years. I don't see Batwoman lasting much longer and the further away LoT is from S&L the better.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Separate earths could be the way to go to avoid Superman and Lois getting enmeshed in all of these various issues.
    Although I have also seen the suggestion that the timeline could be different.
    Either way I like the idea that they are not connected.
    Let's face it: Superman operates at a whole other level, than any of these other shows.

Guess we can add Kara to the “bi” category for the Superfamily (on the CW at least):

So they did film Kara and Lena kissing and cut it. Now Twitter is really mad