Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Have had kara on the mind lately and finally grabbed a few moments to just sketch.

Attachment 115887
    Nice Kara sketch .

Have had kara on the mind lately and finally grabbed a few moments to just sketch.

Attachment 115887
    Nice work!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Very nice!

I feel like this would've been how she'd look back in the day where Superheros had to have TV-ready, realistic, costumes instead of anything comic-accurate.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I want to see this as a book!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

I like the way that unzipping the hoodie, but leaving it fastened at the very top, turns the "S" symbol nearly on its side. Maybe that changes its meaning in Kryptonian, such as "HOPE... that I don't kick your ass."

Big week for alternate versions of Kara!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I want to discount Zara because she does something reaaaallly shitty immediately afterwards. Motion to strike her from the record. lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

What series is the first image from? Thanks in advance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I want to discount Zara because she does something reaaaallly shitty immediately afterwards. Motion to strike her from the record. lol
    It's "Zala" .

I agree, strike from the record is a good idea! Yikes. Shock value and with a character that has lately seen little but abuse at DC (The Infected monster, the Future State isolated spinster, the lonely, miserable and vulgar Tom King treatment.) So this really doesn't sit well with me - it wasn't just a shock, but was a deep disappointment that made me actually angry, and it cast a dark shadow over a book I was previously immensely enjoying.

The art is good, that much I can't deny.

Incredible Member

What series is the first image from? Thanks in advance.
    The top is from Dark Knights of Steel #2.
    The bottom is from World of Krypton #1. Baby Kara is also on the variant cover.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    It's "Zala" .

I agree, strike from the record is a good idea! Yikes. Shock value and with a character that has lately seen little but abuse at DC (The Infected monster, the Future State isolated spinster, the lonely, miserable and vulgar Tom King treatment.) So this really doesn't sit well with me - it wasn't just a shock, but was a deep disappointment that made me actually angry, and it cast a dark shadow over a book I was previously immensely enjoying.

The art is good, that much I can't deny.
    Excuse me, "Zala." I just already do not care at all about that character. I feel bad for anyone hoping Supergirl was going to be fun to read about in this.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Excuse me, "Zala." I just already do not care at all about that character. I feel bad for anyone hoping Supergirl was going to be fun to read about in this.
    You mean you already don't care about Zala, right? I presume you care about Kara .

The people who've "officially" reviewed this didn't seem all that bothered - they see it as a twist like any other in the book so far. (Perhaps the biggest yet, though.) But they also didn't write much about it - they spoil a lot of the issue, but reviewers will usually leave the biggest twists unspoiled, meaning they really couldn't react too much without giving too much away.

In a book like this, it does feel stupid to take twists too seriously, since seeing characters in surprising configurations is really the whole point. Still, it is extreme, and a gut punch.

Taylor won’t rest until he’s written an evil version of every Superfamily member it would seem