Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Her fights parts from justice league animated series.

https://youtu.be/9A8-HEROV38

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Art by Miguel Mercado

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Art by Miguel Mercado

Classic, cute, and classy .

Goddamn this reminds me of that scene showing London after Kid Miracleman wrecked it. Just takes your breath away in horror.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Goddamn this reminds me of that scene showing London after Kid Miracleman wrecked it. Just takes your breath away in horror.

So this is Argo City?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So this is Argo City?
    Yep. King doesn’t shy away from the horror of it. There’s some great shots of beauty as well however:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    A classic rivalry...even when you'd think they'd be best pals (and actually were in that JLU comic I read).

A classic rivalry...even when you'd think they'd be best pals (and actually were in that JLU comic I read).
    If I were to ever write them, I'd go with they genuinely don't like the other for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If I were to ever write them, I'd go with they genuinely don't like the other for whatever reason.
    I feel like there's always that joke about two people you'd think would get along but somehow don't for vague reasons or because they're so similar .

Comet makes a comeback .

Someday Streaky will get his due...

Comet makes a comeback .

Someday Streaky will get his due...
    Maybe they need to give the cat a new name

Astonishing Member

Streaky's been around within the last decade, although I think ... I mean Streaky was all over the kind of Johns-era New Krypton era Supergirl but once N52 and Rebirth hit I can't actually recall having seen Streaky.

Woman of Tomorrow continues to be good. I get it for the Bilquis Evely, who along with Liam Sharp was like my "Oh these are my favorite artists that I've never seen before" in the last couple of years. But by god ... it's a Tom King book that doesn't piss me off by missing all its marks and dicking around with story structure for no reason other than to kill character agency or momentum or flow. No, on the contrary, it's pretty straightforward, and straightforwardly good. It's not a perfect narrative but like, it's perfectly satisfactory. And then paired with the art. I think it's the best thing King has done since some of those issues of Grayson.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Streaky's been around within the last decade, although I think ... I mean Streaky was all over the kind of Johns-era New Krypton era Supergirl but once N52 and Rebirth hit I can't actually recall having seen Streaky.

Woman of Tomorrow continues to be good. I get it for the Bilquis Evely, who along with Liam Sharp was like my "Oh these are my favorite artists that I've never seen before" in the last couple of years. But by god ... it's a Tom King book that doesn't piss me off by missing all its marks and dicking around with story structure for no reason other than to kill character agency or momentum or flow. No, on the contrary, it's pretty straightforward, and straightforwardly good. It's not a perfect narrative but like, it's perfectly satisfactory. And then paired with the art. I think it's the best thing King has done since some of those issues of Grayson.
    Tomasi did a Super Pets story with Streaky during his original Super Sons run, I think.