Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Jim Lee's Superman costume has always been really variable in terms of quality, depending on how the artist approaches it and how they pull it off. Lee makes the costume look great effortlessly. Despite not seeming to have liked it a lot personally, I've always held that Rags Morales made the armor look awesome - if not as good as the t-shirt and workboots.

A less fiddly-detailed version of the armor almost always looks great though, and this variant cover's take definitely fits into that category!

I always thought based on the art, that some artists always seemed kind of uncomfortable drawing the armor though, and I don't think they should have had to do so. Just as some artists don't seem to be able to make the briefs or trunks look good - like Jim Lee himself.

Superman has several display cases of variant costumes in the Fortress. I always thought that artists should always just be able to draw whatever suit they want or whatever is appropriate for the story.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

God this variant is so goddamn beautiful. F****** New Krypton, Kal’s Kryptonian garb, Morrison and Pak’s New 52 outfits, the beautiful Black Suit + Supermullet combo, the Golden Age outfit, even Lee’s crappy armor manages to look good! And the Electric Blue outfit will always be cool I don’t care what anyone else thinks

I would make this my avatar if I wasn’t inept at photoshop
    Hello, my new computer wallpaper.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

God this variant is so goddamn beautiful. F****** New Krypton, Kal’s Kryptonian garb, Morrison and Pak’s New 52 outfits, the beautiful Black Suit + Supermullet combo, the Golden Age outfit, even Lee’s crappy armor manages to look good! And the Electric Blue outfit will always be cool I don’t care what anyone else thinks

I would make this my avatar if I wasn’t inept at photoshop
    It's breathtakingly beautiful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Jim Lee's Superman has always been really variable in terms of quality
    Fixed that for you, bud. He's not a particularly good artist for Superman. It's just not his wheelhouse.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I miss the gladiator boots for goldenage suit though.that's kinda important.atleast for me.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Holy...crud, this preview for 1030 is awesome! Sampere's art is great and Johnson is really trying to build a lore to War World.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/26/dc...n-comics-1030/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

For JS: WWII spoilers:
    They should’ve given the “Earth 2” version of Clark the Fleschier s-shield. Liked that they kept elements of the Golden Age origin such as not being raised by the Kents (albeit because they died when he was 3 in that reality.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Nice to see clark finally ducking and weaving for once.I would pay to see a boxing tournament with superman.He still doesn't putup his guard though.Guess,he's being cocky or reckless.I kinda like that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Phil Jimenez

Earth 2 Supes.

Really liked his take on the E2 S-shield