Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

This is from a Superman/Rocketeer team up that was pitched to DC that they rejected because they have no taste apparently

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This is from a Superman/Rocketeer team up that was pitched to DC that they rejected because they have no taste apparently
    This would have been awesome.. definitely something i would have loved...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a recent Superman series/mini/one-shot, like in the last year or so, set in the early years

The preview image has Superman's point of view flying from Smallville to Metropolis in the early morning. One of the panels is a highway showing how far it is to Metropolis
    The first one-page panel is Clark walking a street in Metropolis, looking up, admiring the view, still early morning.
    I think the next panels are him looking around.

Realistic art. It's not Clay Mann, I don't think it's Ken Lashley, maybe Kubert, I'm not sure.
    The cover is Superman floating down over a farm field, smiling, seen from a low point of view

It's really bugging me because I found it before, I can't remember the title at all, and I can't find it anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, I literally immediately found it. It's Man and Superman, and I couldn't find it in Comixology because they hid it inside the Superman Confidential series. I had to check the Trade section instead of the Series section

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey y'all, I'm looking for a recent Superman series/mini/one-shot, like in the last year or so, set in the early years

The preview image has Superman's point of view flying from Smallville to Metropolis in the early morning. One of the panels is a highway showing how far it is to Metropolis
    The first one-page panel is Clark walking a street in Metropolis, looking up, admiring the view, still early morning.
    I think the next panels are him looking around.

Realistic art. It's not Clay Mann, I don't think it's Ken Lashley, maybe Kubert, I'm not sure.
    The cover is Superman floating down over a farm field, smiling, seen from a low point of view

It's really bugging me because I found it before, I can't remember the title at all, and I can't find it anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, I literally immediately found it. It's Man and Superman, and I couldn't find it in Comixology because they hid it inside the Superman Confidential series. I had to check the Trade section instead of the Series section
    Man and Superman is pretty good, I wish they had just called it Superman: Year One since it’s the most direct copy of that iconic Batman story structure wise, and it’s far better than Miller’s terrible attempt at recreating that for Supes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This got a chuckle out of me

Allan Goldman

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Nice images of old Superman.
    Last edited by BBally; 07-25-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

https://twitter.com/danschkade/statu...410590720?s=21

This was a fun little fan comic that lived up to its premise imo!

I just started Morrison's Nu52 Superman run. It has been a bombastic and crazy ride so far.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wow, those are both awesome. This is the type of Superman comic I need.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I just started Morrison's Nu52 Superman run. It has been a bombastic and crazy ride so far.
    Been rereading that and Ellis/Millar’s Authority in preparation for tomorrow!

Incredible Member

New to the boards and did not read much of the Bendis run(stopped with Tomasi), but from the sound of the bullet points I do not think I would be a fan. So Superman no longer has a secret identity? How does this work for Jon and Lois? Does anyone else feel like a Superman without a secret identity is super weird? Not a fan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    New to the boards and did not read much of the Bendis run(stopped with Tomasi), but from the sound of the bullet points I do not think I would be a fan. So Superman no longer has a secret identity? How does this work for Jon and Lois? Does anyone else feel like a Superman without a secret identity is super weird? Not a fan.
    I'm... suprisingly fine with it for a Clark at this point in his life? Like, obviously the secret identity is vital to understanding the character, but in my mind it's a symbol of Clark not being able to be truly himself for a wide variety of reasons (both from personal flaws and practical considerations), and for Clark to get rid of it means a) he has overcome said personal flaws and b) is ready and willing to give his all to his mission now, possible dangers be damned when Clark Kent could be doing so much good if people know he's also Superman. And, as was pointed out at the time, it doesn't change that much for Lois because she was already constantly in danger and angering powerful people and supervillains and people already knew she was the closest person to Superman. It's for Jon for whom everything changes... but then again Jon hasn't had anything resembling a normal status quo since before the reveal, so "everything changes" doesn't mean that much. Jon was also not comfortable with the idea of keeping so many secrets in the beginning of Rebirth, so I was interested in thinking what Jon would think of this new situation.

Of course, the current direction prevents the Clark Kent side of Superman's life from mattering that much, so it's a shame we won't get much exploration over how things change and how they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I thought it was handled surprisingly well, and it’s opened up a bunch of interesting storyline possibilities. The last time they did it during New 52 was awful and I totally get why people aren’t happy about DC doing it again. However there are some comics coming out, such as Venditti’s Superman ‘78 mini, which will feature the classic status quo for Superman. Having options makes the reveal in the main books more acceptable.