Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Still can’t believe they did Kirby so dirty like that

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still can’t believe they did Kirby so dirty like that

They are afraid of the eyebrows...Kirby's signature.He made himself immortalised through his creations.That kinda artistic individuality ain't what they want in superman stories.
    Anyways,i like it when artists speak through their creation.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jim Lee unveiled a new mission statement for Superman:

"To better reflect the storylines that we are telling across DC and to honor Superman's incredible legacy of over 80 years of building a better world, Superman's motto is evolving," reads the statement. "Superman has long been a symbol of hope who inspires people, and it is that optimism and hope that powers him forward with this new mission statement: Truth, justice and a better tomorrow."

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/superman-...-statement-dc/

And now the American Conservatives are going to throw a hissy fit about the American Way part of Superman's slogan being replaced with a Better Tomorrow. Can't wait for the pointless arguments on social media about this.

I thought was just Jon’s new take on the slogan? Oh well works for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought was just Jon’s new take on the slogan? Oh well works for me lol.
    Jon's slogan is Truth, Justice and a Better World. A Better Tomorrow seems to be Clark's updated slogan. It works for me too personally.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"To better reflect the storylines that we are telling across DC and to honor Superman's incredible legacy of over 80 years of building a better world, Superman's motto is evolving," reads the statement. "Superman has long been a symbol of hope who inspires people, and it is that optimism and hope that powers him forward with this new mission statement: Truth, justice and a better tomorrow."

I love it. I love it. I love it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I liked so much

Incredible Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I love it. I love it. I love it.
    Yes love it too.
    After reading Superman & The Authority # 4 , one thing that Lois said to Clark really stands out to me, I wonder if anyone noticed it.

Lois says to Clark " The fading powers look really suits you , Smallville " . Is it possible that Clark is fooling the world into believing that his powers are fading, so that Jon can be the Superman of Earth and Clark can go out into space and rectify some of the injustices in the Galaxy ?
    Could that be part of Clark's new mission ?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Sounds good to me. I enjoyed Yang's "Truth, Justice and Tolerance" but this is excellent as well and reinforces his being the Man of Tomorrow, which I've always appreciated more than Man of Steel.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sounds good to me. I enjoyed Yang's "Truth, Justice and Tolerance" but this is excellent as well and reinforces his being the Man of Tomorrow, which I've always appreciated more than Man of Steel.
    Same, it’s good to see the Man of Tomorrow title get more play. Would be nice to see “Champion of the Oppressed” used more as well but that’s likely too obscure.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Meh! too much "I am sooooo good" on display..I for one would had truth,justice and "a whole lot of asswhooping".Then have an animated Clark facepalming during the reveal...
    Honestly Truth,justice and liberty would be what i would go for...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I have to agree, this works for the Man of Tomorrow persona, but I do wish the Champion of the Opressed moniker was promoted and used more.