Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Listened to Snyder’s Word Balloon interview, he says he wants to do another Superman story. Also he mentions a project he was going to come back to DC for that’s tied to Infinite Frontier. It would be a “Superman event” in the way that Metal was a Batman story and Death Metal was a WW story (lol ok Scott). Mixed feelings about the idea. On one hand I do think he has improved more and more with Superman, and he writes a great Lex Luthor. Not a fan of his Joker but Snyder’s writer tics work well with Lex. If this Superman project involves Superman and his Rogues I’d probably give it a shot. Really depends on the nature of the story
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

It does not surprise me at all that a vast media company doesn't want their brand
    associated with America. Got to sell Supes in Kaznia you know?

But let's get real here there is no way that Superman is going to stop being associated
    with the best qualities about America. I mean that is woven into the Clark Kent/Superman
    DNA. Even if they have a new slogan, it is still going to be there. Besides, if this new
    format doesn't work for the global conglomerate someone in a board meeting will ask
    the question. Why don't we go back to Truth, Justice, the American Way?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listened to Snyder’s Word Balloon interview, he says he wants to do another Superman story. Also he mentions a project he was going to come back to DC for that’s tied to Infinite Frontier. It would be a “Superman event” in the way that Metal was a Batman story and Death Metal was a WW story (lol ok Scott). Mixed feelings about the idea. On one hand I do think he has improved more and more with Superman, and he writes a great Lex Luthor. Not a fan of his Joker but Snyder’s writer tics work well with Lex. If this Superman project involves Superman and his Rogues I’d probably give it a shot. Really depends on the nature of the story
    A Superman event for Snyder is most likely "Batman villains taking over the world and Superman has to deal with them".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A Superman event for Snyder is most likely "Batman villains taking over the world and Superman has to deal with them".
    Superman going up against the BWL’s would be something I’d be interested in honestly. Supes vs. an Evil Batman who can’t be redeemed would make for an interesting challenge. But if Snyder is coming back to Supes yet again I hope he uses Supes other Rogues. He wrote Mxy well and he wrote Lex well, so I’d be curious to see how he writes the others.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superman going up against the BWL’s would be something I’d be interested in honestly. Supes vs. an Evil Batman who can’t be redeemed would make for an interesting challenge. But if Snyder is coming back to Supes yet again I hope he uses Supes other Rogues. He wrote Mxy well and he wrote Lex well, so I’d be curious to see how he writes the others.
    Knowing Snyder he would probably all make them have some kind of commentary on society, humanity, and Superman's character with long-drawn out monologues .

Anybody catch the Super-Dad clip at the end of the latest YJ episode?

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Knowing Snyder he would probably all make them have some kind of commentary on society, humanity, and Superman's character with long-drawn out monologues .
    It’s really annoying when he did that with Joker because it doesn’t fit the character at all. For Riddler however or Lex? Perfect fit for their arrogance, intelligence, and need to prove how smart they are. It’s why I like his takes on those two.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

This was cute. Clark finally knows what it was like for the Kents .
    It’s really annoying when he did that with Joker because it doesn’t fit the character at all. For Riddler however or Lex? Perfect fit for their arrogance, intelligence, and need to prove how smart they are. It’s why I like his takes on those two.
    I wonder if anyone will remember when Lex Luthor was childhood friends with Martian Manhunter.

Amazing Member

Red face

He left his boots

Last edited by Betinayen; 10-23-2021 at 12:28 PM.

This was cute. Clark finally knows what it was like for the Kents .

I wonder if anyone will remember when Lex Luthor was childhood friends with Martian Manhunter.
    Lmao not even Snyder cared about that by the end. The final confrontation was between Clark and Lex in JL, and the Trinity were the ones who mattered in Death Metal. Was always a weird idea, why give to J’onn something that he won’t get to keep because Clark already has it?

Lmao not even Snyder cared about that by the end. The final confrontation was between Clark and Lex in JL, and the Trinity were the ones who mattered in Death Metal. Was always a weird idea, why give to J’onn something that he won’t get to keep because Clark already has it?
    Snyder couldn't always keep his ideas together.

Yeah that was nice, took them a few seasons but they’re finally portraying Clark as a good dad

Yeah that was nice, took them a few seasons but they’re finally portraying Clark as a good dad
    Seriously, it bothered the heck out of me that none of his appearances last season had him mention Lois or Jon. Heck, suddenly Lois appears and she's already given birth.

Seriously, it bothered the heck out of me that none of his appearances last season had him mention Lois or Jon. Heck, suddenly Lois appears and she's already given birth.
    Not his show so it’s fine. Batman never mentioned Talia yet she got pregnant with Damian.