Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Byrne krypton is a mixed bag

Aesthetic and society wise...it is so alien

But it also is so hostile that it personifies the post-crisis ethos I dislike the most

Superman being a human with extra steps

I always felt that Superman should be an alien first, a human second

He is a godlike alien who pretends to be human to fit in with humanity, because his connecting with humanity has helped him cope with the immeasurable loss of krypton that he remembers vividly due to his kryptonian super-intellect

If I had absolute control over the franchise...this aspect will be emphasized the most about Superman with his actual arrival on earth happening at the age of five.
    He was alien from 1956-1986. That's for over three decades. If there is one thing we need to learn, alien godlike Superman only works for so long before the sales drop.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    He was alien from 1956-1986. That's for over three decades. If there is one thing we need to learn, alien godlike Superman only works for so long before the sales drop.
    The sales have dropped on farmboy Supes too. The only viable approach is both!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

PKJ's Clark is seemingly the Elder Statesman mixed with the Gladiator. Closer to the alien to the farmboy, but trying to channel both anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    PKJ's Clark is seemingly the Elder Statesman mixed with the Gladiator. Closer to the alien to the farmboy, but trying to channel both anyway.
    Heard some people say that given PKJ’s love of fantasy, his Clark is reminiscent of King Conan. Still powerful, but having to rely more on his brains and cunning than his physical strength.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

"People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My Adventures With Superman
    Ah. I guess because it hasn't aired yet and I've not seen the acronym before it didn't click.
    Is that show's version of Lois Asian American? She looks so much like Luz from the Owl House I was thinking some kind of Latina.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So alien farmboy you say?

Yeah, that’ll work

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ah. I guess because it hasn't aired yet and I've not seen the acronym before it didn't click.
    Is that show's version of Lois Asian American? She looks so much like Luz from the Owl House I was thinking some kind of Latina.
    Yeah, the assumption is that Lois is a woman of color, specifically Asian American since her voice actress Alice Lee is as well.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post

Yeah, that’ll work
    You know that issue firmly says what superman is..is a gladiator..A gladiator for truth and justice on behalf of common folks.He is neither clark the farmboy nor kal the alien.But,they can be supermen...If they choose.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It took me a second also to realize the acronym.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The only viable approach is Siegel!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post

Yeah, that’ll work

Yeah, the assumption is that Lois is a woman of color, specifically Asian American since her voice actress Alice Lee is as well.
    I'm hoping if we ever get to see Brandon Kent again, that they base his characterization on that image.

It looks like they’re taking from American Alien where Lois was Asian, and her VA is Asian, so yeah I suspect she’s going to be of Korean or Japanese biracial ethnicity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Perfect ideal Superman

Kal-el and Clark Kent are both real and valid identities

Superman doesn’t become a social justice warrior at his debut, it is an aspect of him that slowly develops the more and more he realizes that he is just fighting the symptoms and not the cause

Looks like Lois & Clark is on HBO Max now: https://twitter.com/kryptonsite/stat...150941698?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Perfect ideal Superman

Kal-el and Clark Kent are both real and valid identities

Superman doesn’t become a social justice warrior at his debut, it is an aspect of him that slowly develops the more and more he realizes that he is just fighting the symptoms and not the cause
    Small brains: "Superman is the real guy", "Clark is the real guy", "Kal-El is the real guy", "two of the three are the real guy", "All three are the real guy".

Big brains: None are the real guy 'cause Superman ain't real.