Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

George Perez

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    George Perez
    I firmly believe this is the best kinda superman costume.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON BLU-RAY

SMALLVILLE: THE COMPLETE SERIES
    20th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Featuring All 218 Episodes from the Iconic Series

Flying into Homes on Blu-ray October 19, 2021

BURBANK, CA (July 27, 2021) – It’s been 20 years since Clark Kent first arrived in Kansas, and in honor of the 20th Anniversary of the remarkable series, Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition will soar onto Blu-ray for the first time ever from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on October 19, 2021. This set for the ultimate fan features all 218 episodes along with over 28 hours of bonus features from all 10 incredible seasons, plus Digital Copy (US Only). Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray is priced to own at $179.99 SRP ($209.99 in Canada) and will also be available on DVD for $154.99 SRP ($184.99 in Canada).

The groundbreaking, Emmy®-winning 10-season hit that redefined the origins of the world’s greatest super hero is all here – from Krypton refugee Kal-El’s arrival on Earth through his tumultuous teen years to Clark Kent’s final steps toward embracing his destiny as the Man of Steel. Relive a decade’s worth of thrills in fantastic adventures full of action, heart and humor in abundance, all anchored by the marvelous performance of Tom Welling at its center. Savor again the series’ thoughtful and imaginative integration and reinvention of the iconic characters of DC lore. And let your spirits be lifted up, up and away.

Starring Tom Welling as “Clark Kent,” Allison Mack as “Chloe Sullivan,” Kristin Kreuk as “Lana Lang,” Michael Rosenbaum as “Lex Luthor,” John Glover as “Lionel Luthor,” Erica Durance as “Lois Lane,” Annette O’Toole as “Martha Kent,” John Schneider as “Jonathan Kent,” Justin Hartley as “Oliver Queen,” Sam Jones III as “Pete Ross,” Cassidy Freeman as “Tess Mercer,” Aaron Ashmore as “Jimmy Olsen,” Eric Johnson as “Whitney Fordman,” Laura Vandervoort as “Kara,” Callum Blue as “Zod,” Jensen Ackles as “Jason Teague” and Sam Witwer as “Davis Bloome,” Smallville has also featured many notable guest stars including Terence Stamp, James Marsters, Michael McKean, Ian Somerhalder, Jane Seymour, Brian Austin Green, Pam Grier, Helen Slater, Michael Ironside, Julian Sands, Tori Spelling, Rutger Hauer and Christopher Reeve.

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Based on DC Comics characters, Smallville was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. Its executive producers have included Michael Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, James Marshall, Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer, Greg Beeman, Ken Horton and Tom Welling. The series is from Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television.

Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition includes 2 DVD discs with over 28 hours of bonus features originally released on the Smallville Seasons 1-10 DVD sets.

MORE THAN 28 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES

The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
    A Retrospective Look at the Series’ 10-Year Journey – An in-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
    A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
    Paley Festival Featurette
    Smallville’s 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
    Secret Origin: The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC’s 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
    Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels, Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!
    That they’re releasing this in Oct near Fandom makes me wonder if maybe that animated sequel series Welling teased and Rosenbaum has wanted to do for a while is maybe actually going to happen. Either way I’m picking this up!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Terry and Rachel Dodson

Found this, thought y'all would appreciate it.

Found this, thought y'all would appreciate it.

Saw that floating around Twitter lol. Sad how that’s not even the most recent “evil Superman” they’ve announced now.

Well, at least it probably won't be the only major Superman thing we see at this coming FanDome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least it probably won't be the only major Superman thing we see at this coming FanDome.
    Coming up this Fandom I’m hoping for:
    -Superman & Lois S2 news
    -My Adventures With Superman trailer
    -YJ S4 trailer (and if it’s bringing in the Legion they better let Clark interact with them)
    -News on the next group of animated movies, not expecting another Superman movie although it would be nice. Mainly hoping for a JL movie with Criss Superman and Ackles Batman and the rest finally teaming up.
    -League of Superpets trailer, I am hoping that Superman will at least cameo in this although he obviously can’t be involved in the plot too much
    -And if that Smallville animated follow up is actually happening we’ll probably get news about it here

So all in all not too bad content wise. I would be a lot more interested in that Suicide Squad game if I could play as Bloodsport. Rocksteady looks really stupid now for retconning the “real” Deadshot as black, since they could’ve just used Bloodsport, and he would’ve fit much better with the game’s premise.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Coming up this Fandom I’m hoping for:
    -Superman & Lois S2 news
    -My Adventures With Superman trailer
    -League of Superpets trailer, I am hoping that Superman will at least cameo in this although he obviously can’t be involved in the plot too much
    Aw yeah!

-YJ S4 trailer (and if it’s bringing in the Legion they better let Clark interact with them)
    -And if that Smallville animated follow up is actually happening we’ll probably get news about it here
    Aww naw.
    -News on the next group of animated movies, not expecting another Superman movie although it would be nice. Mainly hoping for a JL movie with Criss Superman and Ackles Batman and the rest finally teaming up.
    This is the one I'm torn on. I'm still salty that they said Clark got his cape from Bruce, which is some real bullshit retroactive history. Beyond that, though, I want a Wonder Woman movie. She always gets the shaft in these universes. I know they see JSA as her movie (which is further bullshit) but come on.

So all in all not too bad content wise. I would be a lot more interested in that Suicide Squad game if I could play as Bloodsport. Rocksteady looks really stupid now for retconning the “real” Deadshot as black, since they could’ve just used Bloodsport, and he would’ve fit much better with the game’s premise.[/QUOTE]
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Terry and Rachel Dodson

This is really awesome..
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm still salty that they said Clark got his cape from Bruce, which is some real bullshit retroactive history.
    If they really wanted to give a shout out to someone.it should have been zorro.I mean,batman does it.It's not that difficult.Just have clark see mask of zorro.But,instead of it being this tragedy that spiral.Make it a moment of enlightenment and awe.. Something he feels really inspired by.For instance,zorro protecting someone weak from a corrupt authority or jumping around cape flapping debonair smile on the face..I for one firmly believe the reason batman does well is not because the concept is original.But,the writers firmly don't throw away what made it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-01-2021 at 04:54 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is really awesome..

If they really wanted to give a shout out to someone.it should have been zorro.I mean,batman does it.It's not that difficult.Just have clark see mask of zorro.But,instead of it being this tragedy that spiral.Make it a moment of enlightenment and awe.. Something he feels really inspired by.For instance,zorro protecting someone weak from a corrupt authority or jumping around cape flapping debonair smile on the face..I for one firmly believe the reason batman does well is not because the concept is original.But,the writers firmly don't throw away what made it.
    Clark's not really based on Zorro the way Bruce directly is. Clark's basically just a bunch of strongman archetypes rolled into Moses. He's closer to Doc Savage than Zorro.

I love Zorro. I know you do too, but Clark's not cut from that particular cloth in any specific way. There are classic interpretations of Hercules, Samson, etc who also wear capes. The Zorro thing is infinitely closer tied to Bruce and Clark doesn't need to copy it.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Coming up this Fandom I’m hoping for:-YJ S4 trailer (and if it’s bringing in the Legion they better let Clark interact with them)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Conner is the main Legion connection...although Clark might still be relevant, but the show is pretty spotty with how relevant the adult heroes end up being unless they were on the Team.
    I think we're definitely getting a JL film in 2022.
    So all in all not too bad content wise. I would be a lot more interested in that Suicide Squad game if I could play as Bloodsport. Rocksteady looks really stupid now for retconning the “real” Deadshot as black, since they could’ve just used Bloodsport, and he would’ve fit much better with the game’s premise.
    I guess having Bloodsport filling in for Deadshot is now putting us in a position as to which should be the Suicide Squad's main marksman. Lawton's got iconography and history while Bloodsport's getting a movie push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This is the one I'm torn on. I'm still salty that they said Clark got his cape from Bruce, which is some real bullshit retroactive history. Beyond that, though, I want a Wonder Woman movie. She always gets the shaft in these universes. I know they see JSA as her movie (which is further bullshit) but come on.
    The cape is probably the least Clark could have taken from Bruce, so I think I can forgive it in this instance.

I don't really fault them for not doing another Wonder Woman animated film when Bloodlines didn't sell well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conner is the main Legion connection...although Clark might still be relevant, but the show is pretty spotty with how relevant the adult heroes end up being unless they were on the Team.
    I’ll happily take Conner as the main connection, but I am hoping that the YJ Superman has that classic tie to the Legion.
    I think we're definitely getting a JL film in 2022.
    It will be more shocking if we don’t, not sure what they’ll draw on as source material though.
    I guess having Bloodsport filling in for Deadshot is now putting us in a position as to which should be the Suicide Squad's main marksman. Lawton's got iconography and history while Bloodsport's getting a movie push.
    Least Deadshot being dead right now means Bloodsport will hopefully get to hang onto the title for a while. I just want more of Supes’ lesser known Rogues to get used. Weird how a Suicide Squad movie is my best hope for that, but we’re never getting a traditional Superman movie with say, Livewire, Metallo, or Manchester Black, so what the hell.
    I don't really fault them for not doing another Wonder Woman animated film when Bloodlines didn't sell well.
    It sucks but I don’t know what would get more people interested, outside of the Azz run which traditional WW fans would absolutely hate. Still baffles me they haven’t done a Flash movie outside of Flashpoint.

Yeah, I guess WW fans really deserve another round of Wonder Simp in her anniversary month for Bloodlines underperforming.