Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman vs train..

I can't believe we don't have this in modern times while mcu did this in civilwar...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman vs train..

I can't believe we don't have this in modern times while mcu did this in civilwar...
    People don't tend to think of trains for their speed anymore, at least not in the West. I can see that making more sense in Japan where trains are more of a cultural touchstone, but in the West this just wouldn't read as well as it used to. More than likely, it'd be done with a plane or a sports car cruising down a highway at top speed. I would prefer the train because it's just a cooler visual and I love the classics, but it doesn't translate super well into 2021 where most people in the West experience the train as that thing that gets you to work slower than a car even though they have a multitude of applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    People don't tend to think of trains for their speed anymore, at least not in the West. I can see that making more sense in Japan where trains are more of a cultural touchstone, but in the West this just wouldn't read as well as it used to. More than likely, it'd be done with a plane or a sports car cruising down a highway at top speed. I would prefer the train because it's just a cooler visual and I love the classics, but it doesn't translate super well into 2021 where most people in the West experience the train as that thing that gets you to work slower than a car even though they have a multitude of applications.
    Is that why people where wow!ed by a bunch of supersoldiers and a black panther having a chase while running faster than cars?is that why people loved black panther clinging on the cars and leaping from one to another?

You know why jerry siegel and shuster's superman is awesome?cause it's a pioneer..
    fine.i will take your argument.replace the train with a giant centipede,a jet,teleporting train,a shooting star.etc .whatever.the train?i have seen guys that blast planets apart like nothing.I am not in awe of superman beating the train.Although i must admit the technicians did a fantastic job that still people use.You know why i love clark doing that?it's because there is genuine passion and love eminating from clark while he is challenging himself and his gifts.He is a fish in ocean and a bird in the sky flying..he is truly free.
    "Is a bird showing off when it flies?"

Beating The train or flash or whatever is inconsequential.Beating yourself is what matters.You don't race or whatever with someone to beat them.That's just batman.You do it to beat yourself. Exploiting weaknesses and beating someone is quite frankly pathetic.what is the point in beating someone if you when you don't push yourself..when i read superman nowadays.i feel chained.That's not something i like.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-05-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is that why people where wow!ed by a bunch of supersoldiers and a black panther having a chase while running faster than cars?is that why people loved black panther clinging on the cars and leaping from one to another?

You know why jerry siegel and shuster's superman is awesome?cause it's a pioneer..
    fine.i will take your argument.replace the train with a giant centipede,a jet,teleporting train,a shooting star.etc .whatever.the train?i have seen guys that blast planets apart like nothing.I am not in awe of superman beating the train.Although i must admit the technicians did a fantastic job that still people use.You know why i love clark doing that?it's because there is genuine passion and love eminating from clark while he is challenging himself and his gifts.He is a fish in ocean and a bird in the sky flying..he is truly free.
    "Is a bird showing off when it flies?"

Beating The train or flash or whatever is inconsequential.Beating yourself is what matters.You don't race or whatever with someone to beat them.That's just batman.You do it to beat yourself. Exploiting weaknesses and beating someone is quite frankly pathetic.what is the point in beating someone if you when you don't push yourself..when i read superman nowadays.i feel chained.That's not something i like.
    I'm just saying the train probably needs to be updated to something most recognize as fast, much like how the Daily Planet has embraced TV, digital and twitter as time has progressed.

I agree that Clark should always take some degree of satisfaction when reflecting on what he can do-- because it's dope! He should be excited when he first flies. Or goes to space. Or gets pushed into a volcano and lives. Or meets alien life. When it's played as matter-of-fact, it can make him seem cool because he's seen it all... but it usually comes across as dull. I think Clark needs a little more pep in his step, I'll agree with you there.

https://twitter.com/fortnitegame/sta...545313792?s=21

Lmao looks like Superman is making his Fortnite debut.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/fortnitegame/sta...545313792?s=21

Lmao looks like Superman is making his Fortnite debut.
    Oh boy I always wanted to see Superman do the floss and other *insert Fortnite dance meme* I'll never understand why Fortnite has gotten so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Oh boy I always wanted to see Superman do the floss and other *insert Fortnite dance meme* I'll never understand why Fortnite has gotten so popular.
    Me neither, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    It's a fun game that doesn't take itself seriously. Some things are just silly, stupid good times and that's dope.

If Batman is firing an AR, I don't see why WB will draw the line at Superman.

It’s the biggest crossover medium in existence right now, so while I won’t be playing myself, I’m happy he’s being included.

https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...tm_name=iossmf

But speaking of Superman in video games, I thought this was a cool little tech demo.

Manga is taking Superman for a spin
    A new official Superman manga series focused on Superman eating out in japanese restaurants starts in Evening magazine issue 14/2021 out June 22

"Superman VS Meshi" written by Miyagawa Satoshi & drawn by Kitago Kai.
    https://twitter.com/mwdanvers/status...559480320?s=21

No clue if this is real or not, but the very idea is funny to me

Cool! the humor would be appreciated.."Superman VS Meshi"..I hope there is some meshi monster....rararr!!!!

Awesome! Totally looking forward to another manga version of Superman!

Somehow they managed to get the worst of both worlds by doing this weird New 52/classic hybrid lol. Cool for those who play Fortnite I guess.