Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Small brains: "Superman is the real guy", "Clark is the real guy", "Kal-El is the real guy", "two of the three are the real guy", "All three are the real guy".

Big brains: None are the real guy 'cause Superman ain't real.
    Superman is very real for people as a some kinda moral ideal and symbol..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Curt Swan

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From an interview with James Gunn:

“I considered doing a Krypto movie which I thought would be really fun, but that shows you where my head’s at,” he explained. “I wasn’t interested in doing a [traditional] Superman thing—a superpowered dog from Krypton, running around a city, destroying it, while Superman tries to track him down and get him. That seemed interesting to me.”

“I’m not saying I’d never be interested in Superman, but if it was Batman, which Matt [Reeves] was already doing, it might’ve felt differently because I understand Batman. I understand Harley Quinn; I don’t understand every character,” he said.

https://theplaylist.net/james-gunn-b...film-20210805/

Gunn's original idea for The Suicide Squad:

In any case, Gunn wanted to send the Suicide Squad into the fight against an out of control Superman at the very beginning of the project, as he reveals to us in an exclusive interview:

"When I started writing 'The Suicide Squad', one idea was that they would fight Superman."

Gunn continues: “The Suicide Squad has to catch Superman for some reason. That was all, just a vague idea. It's gotten out of control or is being controlled by someone. And then this group of lousy super villains has to face the most powerful hero in the world. I like this idea and if DC does this sequel, then please not without me."

https://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18536785.html

Incredible Member

Well, it's a good thing he's working with Krypto, then. A very good thing, if that little story summary for the Krypto movie he gave is any indication, because that sounds like a lot of fun.

Also applauding either him or the executives for discarding that "Suicide Squad fights mind-controlled Superman" idea. If only other creatives and executives had done the same.

As he said, not everyone has to understand (or like) every character.

Sounds like he’s not interested in Supes but he is interested in Batman, which isn’t surprising , but I’m still glad he put a Superman Rogue on the Squad. I feel conflicted because on one hand, I’m utterly fed up with evil Superman and I’m glad they ultimately didn’t go that route, but on the other hand seeing Bloodsport lead the Squad in taking down Superman would actually be cool. If Superman is being used to prop up his villains, especially a lesser known one like Bloodsport, that doesn’t really offend me as much as crap like Injustice or Snyder’s plans where it’s being used to dickride Batman. I’d probably go see that movie, and I’d probably go play the upcoming game which has the same premise if I could play as Bloodsport in it.

Ultimately I guess Cavill not coming to terms with WB kept this from happening and unless Cavill is coming back I don’t see it ever happening. I’d watch a Krypto movie from Gunn though, sucks Superman isn’t interesting to him since he’s probably the only one who could make a classic Superman movie happen at this point if he wanted to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Well, it's a good thing he's working with Krypto, then. A very good thing, if that little story summary for the Krypto movie he gave is any indication, because that sounds like a lot of fun.

Also applauding either him or the executives for discarding that "Suicide Squad fights mind-controlled Superman" idea. If only other creatives and executives had done the same.

As he said, not everyone has to understand (or like) every character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like he’s not interested in Supes but he is interested in Batman, which isn’t surprising , but I’m still glad he put a Superman Rogue on the Squad. I feel conflicted because on one hand, I’m utterly fed up with evil Superman and I’m glad they ultimately didn’t go that route, but on the other hand seeing Bloodsport lead the Squad in taking down Superman would actually be cool. If Superman is being used to prop up his villains, especially a lesser known one like Bloodsport, that doesn’t really offend me as much as crap like Injustice or Snyder’s plans where it’s being used to dickride Batman. I’d probably go see that movie, and I’d probably go play the upcoming game which has the same premise if I could play as Bloodsport in it.

Ultimately I guess Cavill not coming to terms with WB kept this from happening and unless Cavill is coming back I don’t see it ever happening. I’d watch a Krypto movie from Gunn though, sucks Superman isn’t interesting to him since he’s probably the only one who could make a classic Superman movie happen at this point if he wanted to.
    I would be ok with Superman as a threat for the Suicide Squad if he turns out to be a clone or something. He can kills civilians and half the Squad but it's all fine because he isn't the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I would be ok with Superman as a threat for the Suicide Squad if he turns out to be a clone or something. He can kills civilians and half the Squad but it's all fine because he isn't the real deal.
    Making it Bizarro would let you tell the same story, so I would prefer that. Even better if it ended with Bloodsport putting a bullet in Eisenberg Luthor’s head for creating Bizarro because he finds Luthor’s tittering and Jesus allusions annoying.

Incredible Member

The Gunn interview is something. I suppose the answer to the supposed "boring" quality of
    Superman is to make him a supervillain. It just makes me laugh. God, is there anyone who
    understands what the real Clark Kent/Superman is all about? You would think after 80 years
    his character is pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Making it Bizarro would let you tell the same story, so I would prefer that. Even better if it ended with Bloodsport putting a bullet in Eisenberg Luthor’s head for creating Bizarro because he finds Luthor’s tittering and Jesus allusions annoying.

I wonder if this partially spurred the idea for the SS Kills the JL game or if it was just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this partially spurred the idea for the SS Kills the JL game or if it was just a coincidence.
    “Evil Superman” is pretty widespread so it could be a coincidence. I think if the two were related they would’ve put Bloodsport in (which they should’ve done anyway) over doing that idiotic retcon with Deadshot.