Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The all time artist thread got me thinking about how much I liked Superman being informed by the artists writing for themselves and each other, and sharing work to create cohesiveness. I think that sorta thing helps nail a lot of the great visual appeal of the character. Jurgens and Thibert are a favorite team.

Here's a simple idea pulled off very well

And bearded Kal dressed like Jor-El, just because it's amusing

There are a lot of times that strike me as weird, how their Superman resembles Cavill. I need to set four hours aside sometime soon...
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

[IMG][/IMG]

Reading It’s Superman! and so far I’m really impressed with how well it’s leaning into the Great Depression era of America. The Kents are so poor they can’t afford electricity. One of the only non-white people Clark meets growing up is a seasonal worker for the Kents. The non-white residents of Smallville are segregated into a shantytown known as “Smallerville” or “Smellville” (Rockwellian this is not). Feels like Superman by way of Ray Bradbury, it’s an honest look at what Superman debuting in the “real” 1930s would be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Really liked that S&L used the Bishop-6 code name from NF.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some big, barrel-chested boys there courtesy of Shaner. Everything that man touches turns to gold.

"Comrade?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who is the one on the far left?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who is the one on the far left?
    Optiman, casualty of Superdoom’s rampage through the Multiverse during Morrison Action

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Continuing to read It’s Superman and the more I read the more I dig it. Clark is an incredible dork who loves science fiction and the movies, who is trying to stay under the radar even as he desperately wants to stand out. Haunted by dreams of Krypton’s death that he uses as fuel for his stories, all of which have been bluntly rejected by scifi magazines (I feel you there bud).

De Haven’s Lois is great, I love how worldly yet also very juvenile she is. She flaunts social mores (She smokes! She drinks! She has sex with men before marriage! Her boyfriend is Jewish!) but also calls her mom (this book gives Lois’s mom more dialogue than she’s ever gotten in the comics) to cry over a bad breakup with a boyfriend. She’s an ace reporter already and I’m excited to see her and Clark meet.

Lex is great too. He’s a cold blooded criminal who plans to murder a photographer who snaps an incriminating photo of him, but doesn’t tolerate his henchmen using racist slurs. He’s got his eye on political power and honestly that’s one of my favorite angles for Lex. Even if he doesn’t need the political office to weird power, he still wants it because of how it feeds his ego. He’s cunning and sophisticated, he’s charismatic as hell and also a tortured little boy living in his father’s shadow. Also he wants to kill all smokers because they annoy him which is so petty it’s hilarious and I’m sure will come up in regards to Lois being a big smoker.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-07-2021 at 06:30 PM.