Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm black and speaking for myself, had little trouble with the roster.

Wasn't an issue for Carol Danvers from what I recall. Atom is a lot more complicated than that when written well anyway.
    At least with respect to the films, her military background is mostly just a flashback and after that it's more about her leaving the military organization she's in and becoming her own thing. I have a hard time believing that a superhero who answers to the government is going to go over very well today.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah they definitely could've done an interesting story with her trying to find her place in the world and how she fits into the Superman family.
    Yeah, the last episode with Galatea doesn't really give a lot of reason to think she's dead, more like unconscious. So the idea that she later becomes Power Girl is viable. It's hinted in her first appearance that her animosity towards Supergirl isn't really a personal hatred; more like extreme jealousy. So the idea that Galatea'd jump at a chance to get what she really wanted out of life? It's plausible. Galatea really seemed to have a deep seated loathing of Cadmus, and only did their bidding because her "father" told her to. That scene before she attacks the Watchtower..... First watch it's weird, second watch it's tragic. Galatea tells Hamilton goodbye knowing she'll might never see him again. She's going to try her best to do what he asked, but knows she's probably going to lose, and maybe die.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyn6Y2Wlrow
    "Goodbye, daddy."

I actually shed a tear re-watching it just now. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At least with respect to the films, her military background is mostly just a flashback and after that it's more about her leaving the military organization she's in and becoming her own thing. I have a hard time believing that a superhero who answers to the government is going to go over very well today.
    I think there's a lot of good narratives left to pull from characters with a military background/connections. You just have to lean into the current times. After twenty years of conflict and everything that's come with that, how has that affected Adam's viewpoint? Does he still believe in the military or has his faith been shaken? Is he the guy trying to show that there's still a lot of good people in uniform and that they still do a lot of good for the nation, or is he focused on the things that're going wrong? Will he try to fix those problems from the inside or walk away? A story that explores how Captain Atom deals with the military in today's world is ripe with potential.

And I'd be fine with Karen leading the team because I adore the character and she's got the chops for it, but deep down I know that Atom or Babs is better suited for the role.

So, we heard that there's gonna be a comic that continues the JLU cartoon right? What're the odds of Galatea/Power Girl getting an issue? If the PG that appeared a few times in background shots is indeed the Cadmus clone, I feel like that's a hell of a transition and story worth telling that the show never touched on. I'd grab that issue, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, the last episode with Galatea doesn't really give a lot of reason to think she's dead, more like unconscious. So the idea that she later becomes Power Girl is viable. It's hinted in her first appearance that her animosity towards Supergirl isn't really a personal hatred; more like extreme jealousy. So the idea that Galatea'd jump at a chance to get what she really wanted out of life? It's plausible. Galatea really seemed to have a deep seated loathing of Cadmus, and only did their bidding because her "father" told her to. That scene before she attacks the Watchtower..... First watch it's weird, second watch it's tragic. Galatea tells Hamilton goodbye knowing she'll might never see him again. She's going to try her best to do what he asked, but knows she's probably going to lose, and maybe die.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyn6Y2Wlrow
    "Goodbye, daddy."

I actually shed a tear re-watching it just now. ;-;
    And his expression showed he realized what he did, and that there was no moral justification for it. Good moment, wasted because they never followed up. Much like they never followed up the Kandor arc in SG which hinted at a much grander and hopefully better story for PG than she's ever had, a timewar with Saturn Queen and Ultraman over the fate of SG. They have these stories and never follow up, instead giving us alien Kardashian women or something.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And his expression showed he realized what he did, and that there was no moral justification for it. Good moment, wasted because they never followed up. Much like they never followed up the Kandor arc in SG which hinted at a much grander and hopefully better story for PG than she's ever had, a timewar with Saturn Queen and Ultraman over the fate of SG. They have these stories and never follow up, instead giving us alien Kardashian women or something.
    Hmm yeah. It's one of those things where there's a hundred stories you COULD tell but only a few you actually CAN tell. Galatea story or Star Sapphire story, or maybe Emerald Empress? hmmm..... That's the main issue with big team stories. So many characters so little time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm yeah. It's one of those things where there's a hundred stories you COULD tell but only a few you actually CAN tell. Galatea story or Star Sapphire story, or maybe Emerald Empress? hmmm..... That's the main issue with big team stories. So many characters so little time.
    Well then, there are two ideas should anyone at DC or WB want to revisit them and do a PG story. The Galatea thing, and the timewar story. The later could ring in most of DC's cosmic and future and past universes, and be an epic.

So apparently Karen makes an appearance in the GA 80th, but the word isn't out yet if she has a role in the issue or is just part of a crowd shot. Still, if nothing else, it's good to see her published again.

Green Arrow? What does Power Girl have to do with him?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Almost nothing. Which means she probably just appears in a group shot. :/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The story is about Ollie and Wildcat apparently, so PG's probably in a JSA group shot... But maybe she gets to open her mouth for at least a panel. :/
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-10-2021 at 10:14 AM.

I assume "degrees" was supposed to be "peegee's"?

Anyway, Wildcat does seem like someone more likely to interact with Oliver. He did show up in the Arrow TV series as Black Canary's trainer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I assume "degrees" was supposed to be "peegee's"?

Anyway, Wildcat does seem like someone more likely to interact with Oliver. He did show up in the Arrow TV series as Black Canary's trainer.
    Yuuup. Thanks, auto correct. That's what I get for posting on forums when I'm supposed to be working!

Fixed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

In the Pre-FP universe, Wildcat trained many heroes including Bruce, Dinah and even Selina. It stands to reason Ollie may have taken a crash course in the Sweet Science from the people's champion.

Cool

Another commission of mine by artist Adamantis; Carri a fusion of Power Girl and Chi Chi (from Dragon Ball) with her husband Goku (also from Dragon Ball) -

https://www.deviantart.com/adamantis...arri-881741746

My story staring this pair -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-12-2021 at 10:00 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Question for Power Girl fans:
    If Supergirl would take the name "Superwoman", should Kara change to "Power Woman"?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

N52 Kara’s Supergirl costume (rightfully) gets a lot of flak for it’s terrible design, but N52 Karen’s Supergirl costume sits on the awesome side of the spectrum is my favorite of any SG costume. Love how the gloves give it a retro space age feel.