Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Powergirl and Huntress by Ian Churchill.

HuntressPowergirlChurchill.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Attachment 111983
    Karen is back as a member of the reformed Infinity Inc.

What comic is this from?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I was very happy to see she looks like she retains her toughness. Hopefully it won't be much longer before we can see her in an adventure going all Power Girl on stuff
    True! I would love a new volume of her solo adventures.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What comic is this from?
    Infinite Frontier 03. Out this week.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Incredible Member

I really think there is no good reason we can't have two female women from Krypton with superpowers. If we think of immigrants to North America, no one would really think only one man and one woman would be allowed in to the country. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "Karen" name change. It is all been part of a failure to appreciate what a unique, talented character that Power Girl really is in all of her dimensions. She is a brilliant woman, funny, kind, generous, but not perfect in other words just the kind of woman super hero that DC should be creating, putting front and center. That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that she is one of the most powerful heroes that DC has ever created. But DC can't seem to find a place for her, while she operates on the margin. It is all rather sad and pathetic.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I really think there is no good reason we can't have two female women from Krypton with superpowers. If we think of immigrants to North America, no one would really think only one man and one woman would be allowed in to the country. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "Karen" name change. It is all been part of a failure to appreciate what a unique, talented character that Power Girl really is in all of her dimensions. She is a brilliant woman, funny, kind, generous, but not perfect in other words just the kind of woman super hero that DC should be creating, putting front and center. That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that she is one of the most powerful heroes that DC has ever created. But DC can't seem to find a place for her, while she operates on the margin. It is all rather sad and pathetic.
    Part of it is the Supergirl IP historically struggles to prop itself up so they stripmine Superman and Power Girl (of late) to give Supergirl proper more of an identity.

Supergirl is the easier sell and it's already a known brand, so of course that's where their attention is going to go. Sucks, but even Clark isn't safe.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

I agree. It shouldn't be the way they approach Power Girl, but that has been the issue.
    Supergirl is a priority, so they want to make sure Power Girl doesn't cut into her appeal
    too much. There really is no reason for it to be that way, but you have to accept the pragmatic
    way the world works. It also reflects a sense that only so many women superheroes can
    be on the market. Rather sad.

I agree. It shouldn't be the way they approach Power Girl, but that has been the issue.
    Supergirl is a priority, so they want to make sure Power Girl doesn't cut into her appeal
    too much. There really is no reason for it to be that way, but you have to accept the pragmatic
    way the world works. It also reflects a sense that only so many women superheroes can
    They do it with male heroes too. Dick Grayson is gifted with tech and uses a bo staff on Titans which is Tim's thing.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-06-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    May we never forget:

way the world works
    . It also reflects a sense that only so many women superheroes can
    On the bolded; that's not a pragmatic business practice. It'd be like if Pepsi ran commercials that said "Don't drink Mountain Dew, it sucks! Drink Pepsi instead, now with green lime flavor!" All you'll end up doing is cannibalizing your product line, generating a little extra revenue in one product/IP at the expense of the rest.

But hey, what do I know? DC has been doing this for decades, usually for the Bat's benefit but sometimes for a character like Kara who's never held steady, successful sales for very long, and DC is doing just great right? Totally rocking the charts with tons of great IP's that have been cultivated and grown carefully and lovingly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

We all agree, but unfortunately lack the power to get DC/WB to change things very much. You would think
    that eventually they would pursue an outside the box thinking. I am an old enough DC Comics fan that I remember
    a time where DC didn't care about circulation numbers, jumping every time they saw Marvel's shadow, were
    content to be true to themselves.

But I remember when Power Girl first came out as a character, it was so fresh, exciting. It wasn't just her looks
    either, it was the fact she said and did things that were so unique. But then she has entered this off and on again
    stage. She did have a brief series, I will concede that. But it is maddening the way she has been treated. Maybe
    if they put Power Girl and Supergirl together in one comic she could finally, permanently get off the bench.

We all agree, but unfortunately lack the power to get DC/WB to change things very much. You would think
    that eventually they would pursue an outside the box thinking. I am an old enough DC Comics fan that I remember
    a time where DC didn't care about circulation numbers, jumping every time they saw Marvel's shadow, were

But I remember when Power Girl first came out as a character, it was so fresh, exciting. It wasn't just her looks
    either, it was the fact she said and did things that were so unique. But then she has entered this off and on again
    stage. She did have a brief series, I will concede that. But it is maddening the way she has been treated. Maybe
    if they put Power Girl and Supergirl together in one comic she could finally, permanently get off the bench.
    Hey, I would buy a "Supergirls" title featuring the two Karas and Linda Danvers. Maybe even add the mysterious Cir-El

Extraordinary Member

Too similar IMO. Better would be Wonder Woman and PG; the later would get a boost by appearing with WW. That would be a compare and contrast thing, while SG would be basically the lite version of PG these days, little of the taste, and half the calories of the better product.

Hey, I would buy a "Supergirls" title featuring the two Karas and Linda Danvers. Maybe even add the mysterious Cir-El
    I am violently against PG ever being referred to as a Supergirl. It's erasure. Everything about her character is about running away as fast as she can from being referred to as "Super" anything. "Superman" and the "Super" prefix is something coined by Clark. It will always be in reference to him. PG refused to be Supergirl because she doesn't want to be defined by anyone else.

Girls/Women of Steel/Tomorrow I can live with.
    May we never forget:

kinda like this I guess?
    supergirls.jpg
    that was a weird crossover that was seemingly a temporary temporal paradox caused by Bizarro because he needed to find a way to save Superman from the Source Wall. Yeah bottom left is not Linda... it's the original Supergirl who was a magical construct and not even a real Kryptonian.... yes, blame Jimmy Olsen for THAT one.

Incredible Member

It is well established from the very beginning that Power Girl does not want the S symbol.
    She made that pretty clear in the original All Star run when she destroys the S symbol
    that the Star Spangled Kid gives to her. For Power Girl wearing it would mean she was under
    the thumb of Clark, at least the Earth-2 version. I think it also marks a repudiation of
    patriarchal control for her as a woman. Not to get too political in the early morning hours,
    but Power Girl has an entirely different dynamic within the family than Supergirl does.