Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. The art on this issue is a mess. Feels very much like something that was rushed out to hit a deadline rather than something anybody involved had much time to really work on. Don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it made for a disappointing issue for me.
    Infinite Frontier #5
    It’s awesome seeing her back, but I have to agree with you. There were some major coloring errors. She’s mainly drawn with her classic costume but then one minute she is drawn wearing her outfit from the early World’s Finest Huntress/Power Girl series. After that, she back in her classic costume and it’s one scene. It all seems rushed and the art was a bummer.
    Last edited by iChepito; 09-01-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iChepito View Post
    Infinite Frontier #5
    It’s awesome seeing her back, but I have to agree with you. There were some major coloring errors. She’s mainly drawn with her classic costume but then one minute she is drawn wearing her outfit from the early World’s Finest Huntress/Power Girl series. After that, she back in her classic costume and it’s one scene. It all seems rushed and the art was a bummer.
    Similar nitpick... there's one panel late in the story when all the heroes are chained. They show Batman chained, sans cowl. A panel on the next page has him wearing the cowl, still chained.

screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-21345-pm.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Chrissie Zullo.

PGZullo.jpg

Incredible Member

Has Karen Starr and Lois lane every meet in the comics? What do they think of each other in the comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Has Karen Starr and Lois lane every meet in the comics? What do they think of each other in the comics?
    AFAIK, no, they haven't. Beyond Elseworlds things, and possibly a few minor meetings in regular comics, nothing with any interaction. They should. Lois always meets and partners with SG, and it would be nice to see her maybe do something with PG for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    All I can remember is Infinite Crisis when Powergirl remembered Earth-2 and her time with that worlds Lois Lane
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    All I can remember is Infinite Crisis when Powergirl remembered Earth-2 and her time with that worlds Lois Lane
    Yeah, pretty much in time for old Lois to die. The nu52 stuff if you wish to note that it exists as well. But that Lois was sort of nu52 PG's mom.
    Last edited by achilles; 09-06-2021 at 11:54 AM.

That buff Kara looks like a realistic interp of the Bart Sears drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    With all of the various DC homages running around the Marvel Universe, I wonder why they never created a Power Girl analog?
    Well, what about Star? She seems a shameless copy IMHO:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Sooooooooooooo reading Alex Ross sketchbook notes and Kara's position as the Earth 2 Supergirl played strongly into her prominent placement. Kingdome Come placed Kara above Supergirl who was basically the mom of "Brainiac's Daughter'.

But I guess the Supergirl thing is inescapable unless you only knew her Post Crisis
    Last edited by Stanlos; 09-08-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, what about Star? She seems a shameless copy IMHO:

Hmmmm....possibly. Although I thought she was basically a reality warper meant to be the evil counterpart of Carol Danvers -- or whatever Marvel is calling her these days.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Hmmmm....possibly. Although I thought she was basically a reality warper meant to be the evil counterpart of Carol Danvers -- or whatever Marvel is calling her these days.
    Karen and Carol have always had this strange parallel going on between each other. They were both 2nd wave feminist characters that reference Supergirl. They were both created in the same time period, both endured “weird pregnancies”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Karen and Carol have always had this strange parallel going on between each other. They were both 2nd wave feminist characters that reference Supergirl. They were both created in the same time period, both endured “weird pregnancies”.
    Yep! The details differ of course, but they're the same general type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Yes, and besides both having similar powers if not power levels, they looked a lot like each other in the 70's when Carol had her short hair.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Sooooooooooooo reading Alex Ross sketchbook notes and Kara's position as the Earth 2 Supergirl played strongly into her prominent placement. Kingdome Come placed Kara above Supergirl who was basically the mom of "Brainiac's Daughter'.

But I guess the Supergirl thing is inescapable unless you only knew her Post Crisis
    Remember than in Kingdom Come Supergirl had gone to live in the future along with Superboy.

But admit than visually, Star steals a lot from Power Girl: the white suit, the short hair, the red cape. I think they made her arms bare, because bare legs would be too much evident.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin