Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Spoilers for One-Star Squadron.

spoilers:
    She's either working for Maxwell Lord, mind controlled by him, or just plain drank the corporate Kool-Aid but she's set up as a villain.

Her argument is that Max's book changed her life and that on Earth, the only real power is money so if you want to change ****, have the most money. She's being set up to betray Red Tornado, but admittedly that could just be a last-page cliffhanger that's undone.

God fucking dammit.

All that wait for this.

end of spoilers

I like Mark Russell's work, but I ain't happy.
    Oh. Well, in other news, I imagine the Dacia Sandero is still good, (Top Gear joke).

If that's how they're going to roll with her, and I can see it; they've hated PG just about forever, well I'm not too surprised. I don't doubt PG could make an awesome villain, but like everything DC does with PG...this likely won't be either epic or good. This...is just banal. Supergirl and Superman don't get that from DC. They get grand scale stories where they matter. PG never really made much difference even in her own title, much less to anyone else in the DCU. They just keep going small with her, rather than trying to do her justice.

Enh, I still think the main PG issue is that editorial doesn't really know what to do with her. they don't want her to fill Superman or Supergirl's role, so then what?

spoilers:
    as for Lord.... remember that other... really famous story with Max Lord? yeah..... this might end that way.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers for One-Star Squadron.

spoilers:
    She's either working for Maxwell Lord, mind controlled by him, or just plain drank the corporate Kool-Aid but she's set up as a villain.

Her argument is that Max's book changed her life and that on Earth, the only real power is money so if you want to change ****, have the most money. She's being set up to betray Red Tornado, but admittedly that could just be a last-page cliffhanger that's undone.

God fucking dammit.

All that wait for this.

end of spoilers

I like Mark Russell's work, but I ain't happy.
    Saw his name come up on some review sites.

Last edited by Gaius; 12-08-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not a fan of the new direction for PG.

Incredible Member

None of this is a surprise. This is what has been going on for years.

We all feared something like this happening when it was announced.

The story seems fine, but... I don't think this is the direction I would liked. For any of the characters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Read the room, DC. NO ONE WANTS THIS! This better end with her coming to her senses and punching him into the sun or something.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Read the room, DC. NO ONE WANTS THIS! This better end with her coming to her senses and punching him into the sun or something.
    Oh I'm expecting this to end just as badly as the last time he did this

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Saw his name come up on some review sites.

Thanks man. We have to unite in these trying times.

I just hope it goes better for Karen than it has for Diana (not that I don't want Diana to be free of Max Lord forever).
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, I still think the main PG issue is that editorial doesn't really know what to do with her. they don't want her to fill Superman or Supergirl's role, so then what?

spoilers:
    as for Lord.... remember that other... really famous story with Max Lord? yeah..... this might end that way.
    end of spoilers
    God, I hope not. But...you might be right. I mean we all know how well that worked out the first time, so why not do the exact same thing again? That's probably how DC thinks these days...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    God, I hope not. But...you might be right. I mean we all know how well that worked out the first time, so why not do the exact same thing again? That's probably how DC thinks these days...

I want to believe Javins won't let that happen to the Women's Lib voice of DC in the 70s.
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I generally enjoy Russell and Lieber is awesome… as is PG’s power business suit. Got a real kick out of the introductory commercial/advertisement with Karen looking at some generic charts during the whole stock office footage scene. But man, that last page reveal was a bit rough. No way that lasts the whole run, right? Right? At any rate, liked it well enough to see what happens next.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I generally enjoy Russell and Lieber is awesome… as is PG’s power business suit. Got a real kick out of the introductory commercial/advertisement with Karen looking at some generic charts during the whole stock office footage scene. But man, that last page reveal was a bit rough. No way that lasts the whole run, right? Right? At any rate, liked it well enough to see what happens next.
    I could live with the reveal. That can be a ruse.

It was her talking about Max Lord's book changing her life that slew me. Max Lord. The guy who mind controls people into doing awful things and who murdered Ted Kord, a colleague of hers. Yeesh.

I know Russell plays very fast and loose with continuity, but this one really hurt as a fan of PG. We waited so long to her to come back and this is how it happened.
    May we never forget:

I could live with the reveal. That can be a ruse.

It was her talking about Max Lord's book changing her life that slew me. Max Lord. The guy who mind controls people into doing awful things and who murdered Ted Kord, a colleague of hers. Yeesh.

I know Russell plays very fast and loose with continuity, but this one really hurt as a fan of PG. We waited so long to her to come back and this is how it happened.
    feels like she's almost yelling that she's not in her right mind...

I was really intrigued by this but now I think I might skip it. I love Russel but I'm not willing to put up with more PG abuse.

I feel like we need to hire an advocate for the character, yknow? Send a "cease and desist" order to DC.

Maybe it'll all work out right. Maybe Karen has a good reason for all this, like she's undercover or running a scam on Lord or something. I dunno, but unless the first issue is in my pull box already I think I'll skip it and wait for y'all to tell me if it's worthwhile.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.