Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So it sounds like Powergirl just got herself in a new comedy miniseries by Mark Russell called One-Star Squadron

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/15/dc...ar-squadron-1/

Fireball AND Peege? Sold! Take muh moe nay

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reality warper. Power source is one of the Infinity Stones now - originally she actually siphoned off Carol's powers.

Carol's always had things in common with Kara. She even shares Supergirl's human surname, Danvers. Carol also had her Kree name revealed to be Car-Ell, which of course sounds pretty similar to Kara Zor-El.
    Yeah the Kree in general often get used like Kryptonians... except they have an intergalactic empire numbering in the billions or trillions...

Incredible Member

So it sounds like Powergirl just got herself in a new comedy miniseries by Mark Russell called One-Star Squadron

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/15/dc...ar-squadron-1/

Nice to her being here, a comedic tone with her doesn't really bother me, but I am wondering where the JSA relaunch is.

One Star Squadron? The hell is this? First I'm hearing of it. Don't even recognize half of these people.

Russel writing Karen? That should be pretty damn good, even if it is "just" a comedy title. I mean, how can you *not* be interested in this after reading the tagline?

Nice to see PG getting some attention, especially with a writer as skilled as Russel, he's one of the industry's most underrated talents.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep, indeed seems to PG is now comedy material.
    This was my knee jerk reaction at first...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    She was since the JL International book
    Then I remembered my intro to PG was JLE and all was well again.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep, indeed seems to PG is now comedy material.
    This sounds suspiciously like "I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League". And since when does PG a working stiff? She was probably along the lines of a billionaire last time we checked in on her in her own series over a decade ago. September 21st, eh? Well, I shall check it out. The Heckler? Interesting choice, wonder how he'll interact with PG?
    Last edited by achilles; 09-15-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    One Star Squadron? The hell is this? First I'm hearing of it. Don't even recognize half of these people.

Russel writing Karen? That should be pretty damn good, even if it is "just" a comedy title. I mean, how can you *not* be interested in this after reading the tagline?

Nice to see PG getting some attention, especially with a writer as skilled as Russel, he's one of the industry's most underrated talents.
    This is where I'm at. I like Russell a lot and I think it's clear I love PG. Got high hopes for this one. I'm a little worried she's in a comedy book again, but we'll see how this turns out.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This sounds suspiciously like "I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League". And since when does PG a working stiff? She was probably along the lines of a billionaire last time we checked in on her in her own series over a decade ago. September 21st, eh? Well, I shall check it out. The Heckler? Interesting choice, wonder how he'll interact with PG?
    She's been out of the universe for a long time, if not retconned out entirely. There's a good chance she's just broke again.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She's been out of the universe for a long time, if not retconned out entirely. There's a good chance she's just broke again.
    Could be. I'm just glad she's in anything that isn't some dumb crisis thing or other. I do hope that her next gig isn't a comedy book though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah look at what happened to Wally now that he’s Flash again in the current ongoing, there was a gap in his resume period that effected his work. Same could happen to Karen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Nice to her being here, a comedic tone with her doesn't really bother me, but I am wondering where the JSA relaunch is.
    Yep! While I am looking forward to this mini, they've been teasing the return of the JSA for quite a while now and hope that's still a thing on the horizon...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Clemence Perrault.

clemence-perrault-powergirl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Could be. I'm just glad she's in anything that isn't some dumb crisis thing or other. I do hope that her next gig isn't a comedy book though.
    Yeah, I don't want all her outings to be comedic. I think she's a character that works best with a good balance of humor and drama.

Yeah look at what happened to Wally now that he’s Flash again in the current ongoing, there was a gap in his resume period that effected his work. Same could happen to Karen.
    Yeah, if she's even got the company following Rebirth at all. They have a lot of avenues to pursue right now and the best course of action would be not to get too married to any previous status quo.

For example, if she and Harley never interact again, it'll be too soon!
    May we never forget:

Even more PG in December by the looks of it. Cover for Justice League Annual. Look at the top left corner!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member