Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I never understood why Power Girl and Supergirl didn’t strike up a friendship when all were on the same Earth. I think it would have helped define the two characters.
    They did. It was pretty good actually. :/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They did. It was pretty good actually. :/
    And yet Power Girl has been completely abandoned in favor of Supergirl.

I can't even see them as the same. Person, maybe cause I've read enough of both and see totally different and seperate ppl and personalities
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And yet Power Girl has been completely abandoned in favor of Supergirl.
    Supergirl is the more easily adaptable IP, but it's still a goddamn shame that they're not investing in Karen currently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Supergirl is the more easily adaptable IP, but it's still a goddamn shame that they're not investing in Karen currently.
    Yeah, it's a shame that they can't seem to manage both at the same time despite having so many other members of the Superman Family, and despite the fact that since her reboot, Supergirl has been stealing Power Girl's character traits, (though making them in many cases rather nastier version of what PG acts like.

Besides, PG could be a much bigger IP if DC and WB just DID something with her, and did a good job with an actual mission for her aside from save random bystander.

Should have been on the multiversal team, she would be perfect for it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

See, that's my thing. I understand totally that Supergirl is much more famous, especially to the general public. But I see no reason why they two characters can't co-exist. Just have SG stop stealing elements of PG's personality, give them different missions, and if DC feels it must, slightly change her origin to make her a different relative to Superman, perhaps an older sister, (kept young through any of a dozen ways). Maybe an ancestor. Maybe a Kryptonian explorer, on of the few.

It seems to me that the names, which are virtually the same, (their real names), the Earth 2 bit, (which seems to be DC's ghetto), and the lack of the "S" branding is holding PG back with DC.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if DC pays any attention to these boards, but in case they do......how's about we pitch a direction for Power Girl in the future. Just try to give her a unique, interesting niche that DC might not totally dismiss. This can include a supporting cast, rogues, and of course things to distinguish her from SG, which seems to be a huge hang-up for DC and WB. Considering that there's no news about her, and doesn't look to be any for a long time, might as well speculate on how to move forward. Minor retcons, mostly to her time on Krypton and her voyage to Earth and perhaps her exact relationship to Superman are allowed.

Does anybody know how much older earth 2 superman is supposed to be to the main earths superman?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Does anybody know how much older earth 2 superman is supposed to be to the main earths superman?
    Never concrete but I've always put main Superman around 38 and E2 about 54.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know if DC pays any attention to these boards, but in case they do......how's about we pitch a direction for Power Girl in the future. Just try to give her a unique, interesting niche that DC might not totally dismiss. This can include a supporting cast, rogues, and of course things to distinguish her from SG, which seems to be a huge hang-up for DC and WB. Considering that there's no news about her, and doesn't look to be any for a long time, might as well speculate on how to move forward. Minor retcons, mostly to her time on Krypton and her voyage to Earth and perhaps her exact relationship to Superman are allowed.
    If I'm being honest, I think we do pitch sessions seasonally on the PG threads and while we're due, I doubt DC has ever looked or cared. More importantly, the only way to make sure a good pitch never sees the light of day is to burn it online. What can ya do.

Extraordinary Member

Never concrete but I've always put main Superman around 38 and E2 about 54.

If I'm being honest, I think we do pitch sessions seasonally on the PG threads and while we're due, I doubt DC has ever looked or cared. More importantly, the only way to make sure a good pitch never sees the light of day is to burn it online. What can ya do.
    Yeah, I know, I suppose, but it just gets depressing at times. It's not just PG for me, DC has mostly abandoned every hero I liked, or turned them into bad guys, or just so completely changed them they might as well have invented a new character instead. But mostly, they're simply not in publication. Or even talked about by DC.

Yeah never share ideas you actually wanna pursue on the internet.

That said, our seasonal pitch sessions for Karen are always a highlight for me; I love the creativity and love for this character everyone shows. Some of what y'all come up with is highly detailed, carefully considered, imaginative and fresh but loyal to the source material....I'm always impressed.

I sometimes wonder if DC shouldn't try to monetize fan fiction. I'm not into fanfic and have rarely ever read any, I know nothing about that whole thing, but *some* of it must be good right? If there were a system to sift the quality out of all the dross and somehow market it....that'd be a way to make a little extra bank, engage the fanbase, put attention on rarely used characters like Karen, maybe even scout for talent. Seems like a potentially viable resource. Maybe such a thing wouldn't work, like I said I'm not a fanfic guy, but there seems to be a big audience for it and that means there's a way to make money off of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah never share ideas you actually wanna pursue on the internet.

That said, our seasonal pitch sessions for Karen are always a highlight for me; I love the creativity and love for this character everyone shows. Some of what y'all come up with is highly detailed, carefully considered, imaginative and fresh but loyal to the source material....I'm always impressed.

I sometimes wonder if DC shouldn't try to monetize fan fiction. I'm not into fanfic and have rarely ever read any, I know nothing about that whole thing, but *some* of it must be good right? If there were a system to sift the quality out of all the dross and somehow market it....that'd be a way to make a little extra bank, engage the fanbase, put attention on rarely used characters like Karen, maybe even scout for talent. Seems like a potentially viable resource. Maybe such a thing wouldn't work, like I said I'm not a fanfic guy, but there seems to be a big audience for it and that means there's a way to make money off of it.
    This is something some companies have actually done. Some of the people who write for Shueisha in Japan got started as fanfic writers and got hired because they did fanfics that were good actually. It's kinda like answering the question "what can you do?" but before it was asked.

Extraordinary Member

I should point out that even CBR seems to be asking where PG is.

https://www.cbr.com/power-girl-missing-justice-society/