Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
That doesn't change that her solo series did not do particularly well. Look, I'm not saying she can't sell at all, but that she's not at the front of the line for characters who should get books right now. I also think you're discounting how much people loved that Hughes cover. :P

The JSA mini #2-4 sold about 60k which was good at the time, but her solo book? 32k by issue #2 which also had a Hughes variant (and variants were rare back then). When the new team took over it was at 20k and kept losing readers. This was not a good number even then and was running very close to cancellation.

Do I want her to get one? Yes, absolutely. I just don't think it's realistic to think she will, but you're hyper focused on that one period she did well. I loved that time in comics, but her solo series, New 52 WF which she co-lead and Earth-2 once she joined it at did not do great. It's been diminishing returns since then which tells DC the iron isn't hot enough to strike right now for PG.

Yeah, those last two books weren't good, but PG is a child commodity for them currently. Wait for a JSA book and then maybe she'll get some momentum up get a solo project. With the right team and pitch, I think PG can crush it and definitely climb up to Nightwing level sales and hopefully popularity, but she's not there yet.
Actually, considering I actually have those variants, (and the later ones by...who was it again?), plus the regular covers....yeah, I'm probably not the guy to make that argument. I like the one where she's knee deep in lava. Had absolutely nothing to do with the story inside, but it sure looked dramatic. But my favorite was the stock cover they used for #27. The foreshortening was a bit wonky, but apart from that, it was great. Then, now that I'm on about cover, the best PG cover was actually in the horrible nu52, the one where she's facing the huge Darkseid, back to the viewer and dwarfed by him. A nice peril cover.

The point about PG I'm trying to make is that she CAN be great, in the right hands with the right plan. DC should make that happen. When she's constantly published, she does tend to have quite a few fans IMO, enough to make it worth DC's effort to please, especially considering all the entirely new characters they're making big bets on.