Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And yet when there's a Superman crossover, and Connor is alive, he's there, while PG mostly isn't.

As an aside, what think you guys at the idea of having a Wonder Woman/ Power Girl series?
    Yeah I’d be down, a cool dynamic between the two. They’d each have their own unique approach to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I did not Power Girl was returning or what she will be like. I first found Peege and Huntress in backups to PreCrisis comics and sought out their appearances. But it wasn't until Post Crisis that Peege became a favorite.

I like the larger, more mature physical interpretation of the character but recent images make her look quite literally like Supergirl in a different suit
    Yes, a big mistake IMO. Power Girl should be tall and big. On a Wonder Woman scale.

I'd love a duo series staring both of them. Science and magic style stories where each one has their own strengths and the other must to a certain extent need their help, and in the process earn each other's respect.

I'd love to see Power Girl have to deal with magic, with the aid of Wonder Woman, while Wonder Woman has to deal with super science with Power Girl's help as they learn to get along and then become friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well they use batman to help characters get comics, so it would work for PG too. WW and PG would bounce off each other in a fun way, cause they respect each other, but also are both so strong willed thst they would differ on ways to do things.

Amd yes PG should always be taller and more muscular than Kara,PG is all woman, she is smart, tough, sexy, and knows her worth, they need to show thst more often.
    Def like it when she’s big and buff with old school body builder type look. Like the Alex Ross version…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I have noticed that whenever anyone here on any of these threads talks about the Superman Family....the dog is mentioned. Steel, a non-Kryptonian is there. So is Connor, only half Kryptonian.

But Power Girl, a full Kryptonian, is almost never listed as being part of the Superman Family, though she is.

So here's an idea, feel free to give it the thumbs up or thumbs down, but please explain what, and if you have any alternatives.

The idea is to lose her Earth 2 origins and make her from the main DCU Earth. Make her Kal's older sister, presumed lost at part of Krypton's space exploration program. Give her a military/explorer background and make her older than SG as before. That way it would be harder to ignore her when it comes to the Superman Family, harder to leave her out of the Superman crossovers, give her knowledge of DC's outerspace and science background, and Kryptonian military knowledge.

Opinions?
    I think that has to do with the prior trajectory of the character where it was very much about standing on her own. Of course after Johns and IC she is a Superman family character rather than a standalone. But prior habits and experienc s are still a part of fan perception.

I thought she was a goner but posters have advised she will be in JSA so here's hoping she survives somehow.

I have noticed that whenever anyone here on any of these threads talks about the Superman Family....the dog is mentioned. Steel, a non-Kryptonian is there. So is Connor, only half Kryptonian.

But Power Girl, a full Kryptonian, is almost never listed as being part of the Superman Family, though she is.

So here's an idea, feel free to give it the thumbs up or thumbs down, but please explain what, and if you have any alternatives.

The idea is to lose her Earth 2 origins and make her from the main DCU Earth. Make her Kal's older sister, presumed lost at part of Krypton's space exploration program. Give her a military/explorer background and make her older than SG as before. That way it would be harder to ignore her when it comes to the Superman Family, harder to leave her out of the Superman crossovers, give her knowledge of DC's outerspace and science background, and Kryptonian military knowledge.

Opinions?
    I don't think changing her origin will make her any more appealing to Super writers. John Henry was one of the breakout stars of the 90's and was closely associated with Clark for over a decade, showing up any time the Super family got together. Now he's rarely seen at all. Hell, Karen herself was often used for a little while there, helping Conner and Kara break Clark out of space jail and such.

And the New52 put an "S" on her chest, had her date a Superman, and had a semi-active multiverse, but Karen and Clark never even met (I don't think?).

The only thing we need for Karen to be used by Super writers, is a Super writer who wants to use her. But as others have said, she's viewed as more of a JSA hero than a Super one these days.

Still, her multiverse origin is fantastic, it's one of the best things about her and is full of potential. The problem is with DC, not Karen, and every time DC makes drastic changes to a character in an attempt to make them more entertaining and engaging, they usually just make the character worse.

I say leave PG as she is....just *use* her!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And the New52 put an "S" on her chest, had her date a Superman, and had a semi-active multiverse, but Karen and Clark never even met (I don't think?).
    They have actually! Worlds’ Finest: Huntress and Powergirl crossed over with Batman/Superman, so a double helping of SuperBat.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Frank Cho Source Instagram Frank Cho
    He's too young to appreciate what he's seeing!
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since Melissa is ending her run as Supergirl and they are already exploring the Multiverse again in S&L, I hope around S3 or so they bring in PG a a replacement to the Super family to star in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Since Melissa is ending her run as Supergirl and they are already exploring the Multiverse again in S&L, I hope around S3 or so they bring in PG a a replacement to the Super family to star in the show.
    Putting her in Stargirl would make more sense.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Now that Stargirl is fully under the CW umbrella, I'll chime back in to say I can't think of a network I trust with Power Girl less than the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Now that Stargirl is fully under the CW umbrella, I'll chime back in to say I can't think of a network I trust with Power Girl less than the CW.
    Speaking as someone with their own issues with the CW, what exactly could they possibly do to her that is as bad or worse than the comics?

I don't think that necessarily makes it a CW show.

I think the hard part would be explaining the character in that scenario, basically try would have to cast another actor to portray an alternate version of the cousin of Superman for that world. Now while the CW has plenty of experience when it comes to alternate universes and versions of characters first Stargirl would need to establish that the world had a Superman, and whether or not they want to do that with a Superman show currently airing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't necessarily think she should be in either one. But Stargirl makes more sense than S&L simply because they already have a Supergirl.
    Assassinate Putin!

They missed their perfect opportunity to bring PG to the CW during the Crisis crossover when Routh and welling was also superman,could have had another actress be PG.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

QFT. Power Girl is not Stargirl...in fact, in the comics, she's Stargirl's boss in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    They missed their perfect opportunity to bring PG to the CW during the Crisis crossover when Routh and welling was also superman,could have had another actress be PG.
    Maybe it was for the best.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin