Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657585960 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The breaking from Max's philosophy bit. Basically, was it a broad hint, or a more specific hint?
    It was a "she goes along with it for a while," but I'm paraphrasing. It sounds like he's going to do something or she'll hit a part of the book where she realizes she's not about what he's selling, but Russell didn't elaborate. Obviously he wants you to buy the book to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Laura Bailey.
    She's a very gifted voice actor. She could definitely do it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It was a "she goes along with it for a while," but I'm paraphrasing. It sounds like he's going to do something or she'll hit a part of the book where she realizes she's not about what he's selling, but Russell didn't elaborate. Obviously he wants you to buy the book to find out.

Ah, so PG might be doing the old TV show standard of going along with the villain for a bit until she can stop him thing? Maybe? Well, that's certainly one way to go.

Ah, so PG might be doing the old TV show standard of going along with the villain for a bit until she can stop him thing? Maybe? Well, that's certainly one way to go.
    I think it's more the "are we the baddies" meme where she realizes he's an ******* late in the game. Presumably she wasn't on the JLE in this universe. She's just an established Kryptonian superhero with a public ID
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more the "are we the baddies" meme where she realizes he's an ******* late in the game. Presumably she wasn't on the JLE in this universe. She's just an established Kryptonian superhero with a public ID
    We'll see, I guess. But I just realized something; if this is out of continuity, then we're STILL waiting for in continuity Power Girl to show up.

We'll see, I guess. But I just realized something; if this is out of continuity, then we're STILL waiting for in continuity Power Girl to show up.
    She showed up in Infinite Frontier. Lackluster, sure, but it counts.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It's sounding to me like One Star Squadron is it's own thing outside of continuity personally. In which case assuming we get that JSA relaunch teased and she's apart of it, anything that One Star does with her will be ignored. I'm also not seeing how the Max shown in One-Star lines up with the one most recently seen in the main continuity in Jlvs Suicide and Tanaki's Wonder Woman runs. One-Star's seems to be the classic JLI, pre-Omac Project, kind-of-slimy-but-not-actually-evil version. Which kind of shows how bad Omac Project and Post Omac Project works have ended up re-defining his character, that it ruins any ability to use the older version of character for people.

I'm not really fealling worried assuming the above.
    But was he ever Not Evil if he was killing people from the jump? He blew up people in his intro story in JL. Does that get brushed off as slimy-not-evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    But was he ever Not Evil if he was killing people from the jump? He blew up people in his intro story in JL. Does that get brushed off as slimy-not-evil?
    I really do think Russell is just using him as a sleazy business man type. Seriously, he keeps reminding people in interviews not to fret continuity.
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member

Are Russell's mini-series meant to be part of continuity (to the extent that DC actually has one)? For instance, did the Wonder Twins series actually "happen"? I suspect these are all stand-alone stories that have no impact on the characters' future uses in other comics.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Are Russell's mini-series meant to be part of continuity (to the extent that DC actually has one)? For instance, did the Wonder Twins series actually "happen"? I suspect these are all stand-alone stories that have no impact on the characters' future uses in other comics.
    Not generally, no. I think Wonder Twins is, but largely because it's so compartmentalized that it's inconsequential. His only continuity books I know of are Wonder Twins and Year of the Villain: The Riddler.

He's made it clear he doesn't really care about adhering to continuity and that for him it's there to enrich a story, not be chained to it. I'm not commenting at all on it, but his intent is to generally not work in continuity and if people like his book, they can reference it later, but to him it's just it's own thing.

I think he'd like it to influence characters going forward, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine he wouldn't want to shackle the next writer to his story of it didn't serve their story because that's his approach.

If it helps (and because I don't want to keep repeating myself), think of it kind of like Morrison's GL run before it went Black Label. It was just doing it's own thing continuity adjacent. That's what this is intended to be unless it gets referenced in the future.

It's basically "Elseworlds until proven otherwise."

That's what I've gathered from his interviews.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-14-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Wasn't Lord under mind control when he did that?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wasn't Lord under mind control when he did that?
    What if Max... Mind controlled himself?!?!?

Which we all technically do, but I say it counts under that 'Deathstroke uses 90% of his brain and has superpowers" pseudo science.
    May we never forget:

On a serious note, Max's wikipedia page does say he was under mind control during that time Stanlos mentioned.

If they want, they could blame Karen's behavior here on that villain.

Extraordinary Member

What if Max... Mind controlled himself?!?!?

Which we all technically do, but I say it counts under that 'Deathstroke uses 90% of his brain and has superpowers" pseudo science.
    I myself am mind-controlled by my dog. No, she's not telling me to kill anyone, but she is mind-controlling me to take her on a walk, give her goodies, and she also asked, "I can haz bunny for Christmas?".

I myself am mind-controlled by my dog. No, she's not telling me to kill anyone, but she is mind-controlling me to take her on a walk, give her goodies, and she also asked, "I can haz bunny for Christmas?".
    Dogs do have that effect on us. Cats too.

I'm partial to dogs, penguins and Siberian flying squirrels myself.

I just realized I'm probably a supervillain. Damn.
    May we never forget: