Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The OG PowerWing. Hah.
    I need Dick and Karen dating, and I need a scene where he pulls that armor out of her closet and they get into a whole ridiculous conversation about her calling herself Nightwing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I need Dick and Karen dating, and I need a scene where he pulls that armor out of her closet and they get into a whole ridiculous conversation about her calling herself Nightwing.
    Enh, she'd probably start with "well I was in Kandor" and he'd be like "Oh that explains it... but please continue anyways. "

All I know is if Karen was with dick she wouldn't be in limbo right now.

Karen would take the name night-babe .

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    All I know is if Karen was with dick she wouldn't be in limbo right now.

Karen would take the name night-babe .

God no, power-wing would be better, and that isn't very good either
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

No no no, Karen is Power Girl. No name change just because she's dating a guy. Powerwing is just how we refer to the couple. If there's a name change, it should be to Power Woman since Karen's a grown ass adult in her early 30's, but even that's not necessary.

A relationship with Dick, or anyone else, should never, ever be used to diminish Karen; she's nobody's arm candy or trophy.

But WonderNight is right; a relationship with Dick would give Karen a consistent home to appear in, when neither her solo nor the JSA are on DC's priority list and the Superbooks don't seem interested. It's a safe place where Karen's guaranteed to have panel time regardless of what's happening (or not happening) with her team, cousin, or her own prospects as a solo IP. And there's a number of other benefits to a Nightwing relationship, for both her and Dick, but I've covered all that ground so many times I'm sure people are sick of it.

But as one of the louder and more vocal supporters for PowerWing, I just gotta step in and say that such a dynamic should never be used to make Karen less than she is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

No no no, Karen is Power Girl. No name change just because she's dating a guy. Powerwing is just how we refer to the couple. If there's a name change, it should be to Power Woman since Karen's a grown ass adult in her early 30's, but even that's not necessary.

A relationship with Dick, or anyone else, should never, ever be used to diminish Karen; she's nobody's arm candy or trophy.

But WonderNight is right; a relationship with Dick would give Karen a consistent home to appear in, when neither her solo nor the JSA are on DC's priority list and the Superbooks don't seem interested. It's a safe place where Karen's guaranteed to have panel time regardless of what's happening (or not happening) with her team, cousin, or her own prospects as a solo IP. And there's a number of other benefits to a Nightwing relationship, for both her and Dick, but I've covered all that ground so many times I'm sure people are sick of it.

But as one of the louder and more vocal supporters for PowerWing, I just gotta step in and say that such a dynamic should never be used to make Karen less than she is.
    Dick Grayson has gotten to the point where he has TOO many possible love interests. I don't like him and PowerGirl any more than I like Bruce and Diana.

Extraordinary Member

To which she counters that "Power Dick" isn't the best idea either... Yes, Dick, she heard you tell Ted Kord and Booster....she does have super hearing, you recall... And honestly Dick, do you think it's a good look when you don the Power Girl tights and yell "I'm Power Dick" in a gravelly voice to some mugger you're holding upside down nearly ten feet off the ground in a dark alley somewhere?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I'm open to that big bisexual relationship with Wonder Woman for PG. You want exposure and media, forget Dick, remember...er....Diana, I guess. Because it would be bold and brave as only the 27,000th relationship of that nature in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Dick Grayson has gotten to the point where he has TOO many possible love interests. I don't like him and PowerGirl any more than I like Bruce and Diana.
    You don't like it only because you haven't seen me pitch it. That or you have, and just remain unconvinced.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Honestly, I'm open to that big bisexual relationship with Wonder Woman for PG. You want exposure and media, forget Dick, remember...er....Diana, I guess. Because it would be bold and brave as only the 27,000th relationship of that nature in the comics.
    I'm definitely open to Diana being with a woman, or a poly relationship of some kind with Steve and another woman (not in a dumb high school "heh heh" way, I just like Steve and Diana's dynamic a lot when he's written properly and don't wanna lose that again) but Karen's never expressed any kind of LBGT leanings, not even a mild curiosity as far as I know, and even if she had I don't think Diana's a good choice. Diana's profile is way too big, Karen would be overshadowed at every step and would never be seen as an equal partner in the relationship, even if she were written that way. I think it would do more harm to Karen than anything, as well as her prospects as a solo IP.

~ Black Panther.

You don't like it only because you haven't seen me pitch it. That or you have, and just remain unconvinced.

I'm definitely open to Diana being with a woman, or a poly relationship of some kind with Steve and another woman (not in a dumb high school "heh heh" way, I just like Steve and Diana's dynamic a lot when he's written properly and don't wanna lose that again) but Karen's never expressed any kind of LBGT leanings, not even a mild curiosity as far as I know, and even if she had I don't think Diana's a good choice. Diana's profile is way too big, Karen would be overshadowed at every step and would never be seen as an equal partner in the relationship, even if she were written that way. I think it would do more harm to Karen than anything, as well as her prospects as a solo IP.
    Yeah, it'd probably help if she actually had a properly established romantic interest. I just don't think Dick Grayson is a good fit. No, I don't have a better idea right now. maybe one of the Atlantean characters? I vaguely remember there being an Atlantean guy who had elemental manipulation powers.

Eh, a love interest is one of those things you gotta check off to have the properly rounded mythos (single's an option, but must be intentional and stated, no more of DC's will they/wont they indecision and baiting), but both Karen and Dick are in need of much more than that currently, and I think getting them back on solid ground as individuals should take precedence over introducing and investing in a new love interest fans will push against instinctively. But it *is* something that has to be dealt with.

And I swear I go through the Powerwing pitch with each new appreciation thread, and we've all read it to death. Hell it's probably on an earlier page of this year's already.

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Which comic issue is this from?

Eh, a love interest is one of those things you gotta check off to have the properly rounded mythos (single's an option, but must be intentional and stated, no more of DC's will they/wont they indecision and baiting), but both Karen and Dick are in need of much more than that currently, and I think getting them back on solid ground as individuals should take precedence over introducing and investing in a new love interest fans will push against instinctively. But it *is* something that has to be dealt with.

And I swear I go through the Powerwing pitch with each new appreciation thread, and we've all read it to death. Hell it's probably on an earlier page of this year's already.
    Well he has so many already that a NEW one is just.. why?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well he has so many already that a NEW one is just.. why?
    Because the only two ex love interests that matter are Babs and Kori. And there's a lot of problems, both creative and logistical, with using either.

And the image with Karen ripping her costume is from.....the early Johns/Goyer/Robinson JSA I think?

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope so. I loved them together.
    I prefer Karen with Michael Holt/Mr Terrific to diversify their skillsets, abilities and dynamic as a duo.