Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Really glad to see Power Girl on the JSA team. I was worried she might be one of the first ones to get cut if they decided to trim the team.

They did cut some. Wildcats 1 and 3 are gone to make way for Wildcat 2, the female one used in the Stargirl TV show. Doctor Mid-Nite 3 was replaced by Doctor Mid-Nite 2 for the same reason. And Sand and Jesse Quick are both absent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did cut some. Wildcats 1 and 3 are gone to make way for Wildcat 2, the female one used in the Stargirl TV show. Doctor Mid-Nite 3 was replaced by Doctor Mid-Nite 2 for the same reason. And Sand and Jesse Quick are both absent.
    I was thinking in immediate terms of the Doomsday clock team, but yes, four members from Doomsday Clock are absent from the Stargirl Special's Prologue; Sand, Damage, Jesse, and Ted. I'm hoping they still appear even if they aren't regular members and are accounted for.

Wonder if Johns will revert to the OG Earth 2 history for her given the New 52 E2 is pretty much dead (barring Taylor trying to use Jon to bring it back which isn’t out of the question).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We might as well post the image here, by Bryan Hitch
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if Johns will revert to the OG Earth 2 history for her given the New 52 E2 is pretty much dead (barring Taylor trying to use Jon to bring it back which isn’t out of the question).
    Remember, they established in Deathstroke in Rebirth that Pre-Flashpoint main universe Power Girl was a completely separate individual from New 52 Earth 2 Power Girl. New 52 Earth 2 Power Girl would have been the Post-Flashpoint version of the Justice Society Infinity Power Girl from the recreated copy of Earth 2. Meanwhile Pre-Flashpoint main universe Power Girl was locked in another dimension by Manhattan.

I am digging that lineup and the new costumes.

Except there's no Wonder Woman. What the hell was the point of making her the "first superhero" if she's not gonna be utilized as a member of the JSA in-print now? Maybe the book will feature her in a lot of flashbacks or something, but if she's just a footnote in the team history that's....really ignoring a lot of potential.

Either way, I'm hoping this happens; been too long since we had the JSA. Man, how good will it feel if a book does spin out of this and Karen finally has a home again?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I am digging that lineup and the new costumes.

Except there's no Wonder Woman. What the hell was the point of making her the "first superhero" if she's not gonna be utilized as a member of the JSA in-print now? Maybe the book will feature her in a lot of flashbacks or something, but if she's just a footnote in the team history that's....really ignoring a lot of potential.

Either way, I'm hoping this happens; been too long since we had the JSA. Man, how good will it feel if a book does spin out of this and Karen finally has a home again?
    I mean Diana is hanging out in the afterlife of gods right now, Donna is teaching at Titans Academy, Hippolyta joined the Justice League, and Yara is brand new. The only wonder person still available would be Cassie.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Diana is hanging out in the afterlife of gods right now, Donna is teaching at Titans Academy, Hippolyta joined the Justice League, and Yara is brand new. The only wonder person still available would be Cassie.
    They should keep Wonder Woman well away from it. She not only would suck all the oxygen out for the entire rest of the team, but especially PG. She'd take all of the moments that would otherwise go to PG, given that their roles are similar.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm sad to see Ted and Pieter missing, but considering how dirty they did Beth and Yolanda in the comics, I'm glad they're getting another chance to shine--

And yeah, Power Girl. It's JSA so I was already in, but this only sweetens the deal. Can't wait to be reading Karen again.

I mean Diana is hanging out in the afterlife of gods right now
    Never stopped the Spectre.

But you're right, I totally forgot about Diana's new deal. Thought I had it on the pull list but I haven't seen a issue since Future State, at this point I'm assuming I've just missed them and my LCS screwed up again.

Achilles is right that Diana would likely eat the lion's share of panel time in a JSA book, but a good writer is going to recognize that everyone on the JSA is a gem and use them appropriately, and Diana's a bigger name draw than that team usually has; it'd be a benefit to include her. I get fearing that she'd take all of Karen's "team muscle" moments but that argument feels thin when half the League are all flying bricks and they still get their individual moments to shine (when the writer is good of course, and if the JSA's writer isn't good we shouldn't waste cash on the title anyway).

But I'm not gonna lose any sleep if Diana isn't included either, and that would remove the danger of a crap writer screwing Karen over for Diana's sake.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

We might as well post the image here, by Bryan Hitch
    Alan's suit looks really weird. And Karen's collar thing looks out of place.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Alan's suit looks really weird. And Karen's collar thing looks out of place.
    That looks like a coloring error but I'm on my phone.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Never stopped the Spectre.

But you're right, I totally forgot about Diana's new deal. Thought I had it on the pull list but I haven't seen a issue since Future State, at this point I'm assuming I've just missed them and my LCS screwed up again.

Achilles is right that Diana would likely eat the lion's share of panel time in a JSA book, but a good writer is going to recognize that everyone on the JSA is a gem and use them appropriately, and Diana's a bigger name draw than that team usually has; it'd be a benefit to include her. I get fearing that she'd take all of Karen's "team muscle" moments but that argument feels thin when half the League are all flying bricks and they still get their individual moments to shine (when the writer is good of course, and if the JSA's writer isn't good we shouldn't waste cash on the title anyway).

But I'm not gonna lose any sleep if Diana isn't included either, and that would remove the danger of a crap writer screwing Karen over for Diana's sake.
    Good point. To that end, the recent Justice League Dark run was pretty solid with a B Squad if you will, along with Diana. She never overshadowed any of them as it was written really well throughout. Plus, she was not necessarily always highlighted as THE main character, each one had their own key moments and story lines within the confines of the bigger picture.

Think I'd probably prefer WW to not be involved, but there's def a way to have it done well without detracting from the other characters.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 05-26-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Alternate Justice League by Jose Luis and BD Stevens