Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This was meant to be a question about Kryptonians in general, but since the one I'm most familiar with, and confused by in this case, I'm putting it here. Also, because I admit to being a bit nervous about posting what would be my first thread here.

The question is about healing. I've seen instances where certain Kryptonians, (in my case, it was SG), can nearly instantaneously heal major injuries by sun-dipping. And that in any event they heal at a greatly accelarated rate. But AFAIK, I haven't ever seen PG pull off either of those tricks. Survive things that should kill anyone short of Superman or Doomsday, yes, but not heal like that. In fact, that feat of survival, (being poisoned with Kryptonite and then blown up along with the moon in Generation Lost---and still evidently surviving), showed she didn't heal. As did her previous appearance in the same issue where one eye has been put out.

So does anyone know the answer? Do Kryptonians in general heal like that? Can PG do so, and has she ever done so on panel? And just how durable ARE Kryptonians? Being laid out by a punch from Darkseid doesn't square with being first heavily poisoned with Kryptonite and then have a moon blown up around you...

Questions I have...
    Generally, it's an as-needed power and she rarely stars in her own book. Having PG get taken out on the JSA serves more of a function than restoring her. Often times, if something wounds her that much that she'd need the sundip to get battle-ready again, it's because the writer needs her off the table to highlight someone else. In her own book, were she fighting a galactic conqueror, it may come up. It's just that if she's taken out, it's time for Alan to shine and vice versa. Rarely does Clark get beat down in the JLA just to show up after a sun dip and win the day. It's usually done to let someone else be the hero of the arc.

PG is generally a team character now so while we all know she can lead her own book, we should consider implementation based on how DC actually uses her.

The only way she doesn't have those powers is if Earth-2 Kryptonians metabolize yellow sun radiation differently and we have no reason to think they do so, at least not in a diminishing way (they've only ever been stronger, not weaker).

As I go through back issues to get ready to say farewell to Peege I thought I might also check out this "new" Power Girl you guys mentioned. Where can I find her and is she going Power Girl or Powerhouse officially?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    As I go through back issues to get ready to say farewell to Peege I thought I might also check out this "new" Power Girl you guys mentioned. Where can I find her and is she going Power Girl or Powerhouse officially?
    Last I heard, Mary Sue was hanging out in Deathstroke, don't know after that. Her name has been changed to Powerhouse, but AFAIK only in some "coming soon" art; don't know if that's made it into the actual stories yet.

Incredible Member

Weird that you're saying "goodbye", just when Karen is coming back.

Last I heard, Mary Sue was hanging out in Deathstroke, don't know after that. Her name has been changed to Powerhouse, but AFAIK only in some "coming soon" art; don't know if that's made it into the actual stories yet.
    Very quick recap.
    In Deathstroke, Tanya found out the Pre-Flashpoint version of Karen was trapped in a interdimensional space presumably by Dr. Manhattan, thought Karen was the New 52 Earth 2 version she met, tried to free her and ended up trapped there herself.

In Doomsday Clock, Dr. Manhattan undoes his reality messing up and restores the JSA. Karen is seen with them. Karen proceeds to make some cameos here and there. Tanya is not seen but was also presumably freed by Manhattan.

In Future State Shazam we see that Tanya has/will be renamed Powerhouse.

Karen was seen in the JSA teaser at the end of the recent Stargirl Special one-shot.

In today's Infinite Frontier we find out Karen is one of the JSA members who has been kidnapped alongside Jade, Damage, Atom-Smasher, Hourman, Beth, and Yolanda.
    Right now we're waiting for IF to end and that new JSA series to launch.

My man you know she’s coming back right?

She’s heavily hinted at being part of the JSA lineup whenever that book actually comes out (probably after Infinite Frontier ends since as the pic shows, finding the missing JSA members is part of the plot).

Tanya is awesome, read Priest’s Deathstroke run for her best showcasing. Wish they had made her an official member of the Superfamily already.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Has a very Jennifer Lawrence look to her.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

I have noticed that whenever anyone here on any of these threads talks about the Superman Family....the dog is mentioned. Steel, a non-Kryptonian is there. So is Connor, only half Kryptonian.

But Power Girl, a full Kryptonian, is almost never listed as being part of the Superman Family, though she is.

So here's an idea, feel free to give it the thumbs up or thumbs down, but please explain what, and if you have any alternatives.

The idea is to lose her Earth 2 origins and make her from the main DCU Earth. Make her Kal's older sister, presumed lost at part of Krypton's space exploration program. Give her a military/explorer background and make her older than SG as before. That way it would be harder to ignore her when it comes to the Superman Family, harder to leave her out of the Superman crossovers, give her knowledge of DC's outerspace and science background, and Kryptonian military knowledge.

Opinions?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have noticed that whenever anyone here on any of these threads talks about the Superman Family....the dog is mentioned. Steel, a non-Kryptonian is there. So is Connor, only half Kryptonian.

But Power Girl, a full Kryptonian, is almost never listed as being part of the Superman Family, though she is.

So here's an idea, feel free to give it the thumbs up or thumbs down, but please explain what, and if you have any alternatives.

The idea is to lose her Earth 2 origins and make her from the main DCU Earth. Make her Kal's older sister, presumed lost at part of Krypton's space exploration program. Give her a military/explorer background and make her older than SG as before. That way it would be harder to ignore her when it comes to the Superman Family, harder to leave her out of the Superman crossovers, give her knowledge of DC's outerspace and science background, and Kryptonian military knowledge.

Opinions?
    To be fair, she's more associated with the JSA than she is with Superman because that's how she's been used most recently (recently in this case being ten years ago).
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    To be fair, she's more associated with the JSA than she is with Superman because that's how she's been used most recently (recently in this case being ten years ago).

Same with Conner, he is more a titan, or YJ member, and recently suicide squad, he is known more for teams than families.

But yeah PG is worse off than him also Imo.

She deserves way better than she has or is getting
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I did not Power Girl was returning or what she will be like. I first found Peege and Huntress in backups to PreCrisis comics and sought out their appearances. But it wasn't until Post Crisis that Peege became a favorite.

I like the larger, more mature physical interpretation of the character but recent images make her look quite literally like Supergirl in a different suit

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Same with Conner, he is more a titan, or YJ member, and recently suicide squad, he is known more for teams than families.

But yeah PG is worse off than him also Imo.

She deserves way better than she has or is getting
    And yet when there's a Superman crossover, and Connor is alive, he's there, while PG mostly isn't.

As an aside, what think you guys at the idea of having a Wonder Woman/ Power Girl series?

Extraordinary Member

I did not Power Girl was returning or what she will be like. I first found Peege and Huntress in backups to PreCrisis comics and sought out their appearances. But it wasn't until Post Crisis that Peege became a favorite.

I like the larger, more mature physical interpretation of the character but recent images make her look quite literally like Supergirl in a different suit
    Yes, a big mistake IMO. Power Girl should be tall and big. On a Wonder Woman scale.

I'd love a duo series staring both of them. Science and magic style stories where each one has their own strengths and the other must to a certain extent need their help, and in the process earn each other's respect.

I'd love to see Power Girl have to deal with magic, with the aid of Wonder Woman, while Wonder Woman has to deal with super science with Power Girl's help as they learn to get along and then become friends.

And yet when there's a Superman crossover, and Connor is alive, he's there, while PG mostly isn't.

As an aside, what think you guys at the idea of having a Wonder Woman/ Power Girl series?

Well they use batman to help characters get comics, so it would work for PG too. WW and PG would bounce off each other in a fun way, cause they respect each other, but also are both so strong willed thst they would differ on ways to do things.

Amd yes PG should always be taller and more muscular than Kara,PG is all woman, she is smart, tough, sexy, and knows her worth, they need to show thst more often.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

art by Frank Cho Source Instagram Frank Cho