Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Steve Rude Sketch.

Powergirl.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Steve Rude Sketch.

Powergirl.jpg
    That's awesome! Never seen this one before. That, and the Darwyn Cooke Power Girl sketches are among the best PG art I've seen. Done for charity maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Not at all. There's already a bunch of them good or evil running around in various books. Just make PG a different relative of Clark's with an obviously slightly different El name, (as an aside, I never liked that bit of having Kryptonian women use their father's name rather than their mother's---it just bugs me). One way to complete it would simply be to have her off planet when it went boom. Perhaps she's part of a exploration program, a sort of astronaut. Or perhaps a military officer on patrol. There are countless ways to have her as a main universe El, survive Krypton's destruction, and even account for the obvious age difference such a origin would imply, (with her being considerably older than Clark. After all, that wasn't a problem for SG, and was an actual plot point.

How you don't step on SG is simply by giving PG a job, one that SG can't do, (presumably lacking the training), and by carefully differentiating their personalities.
    In the New Krypton story arc they had Supergirl, Power Girl and Flamebird(Thara Ak-Var) in the same story and it worked because they were written as different people.

The core issue I see is that she started as an alt-U character and now she's stuck as a main-U character. Like the guy said, it's story telling hard mode. either it's a long complex origin, or it's a re-invention.

Don't we have Calvin elllis? Why can't we have Karen hell you can bring back Val. Zod,cause I wouldn't mind seeing him too.

DC is all about altrnate realities now, PG should be a easy pitch now
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Don't we have Calvin elllis? Why can't we have Karen hell you can bring back Val. Zod,cause I wouldn't mind seeing him too.

DC is all about altrnate realities now, PG should be a easy pitch now
    I have to confess I don't see the appeal of Val Zod, who struck me as merely a useless version of Superman. Not to mention a failed plot point of a failed whole story, (the nu52 garbage). Shipping him with PG seemed to be his only point, and since there wasn't much point to that version of PG either, the whole thing was pointless. So what do his fans see in him? More than just another terrible PG ship?

It's going to be interesting to see if DC can pull this off. Right now, DC feels chaotic and meandering to me with littld to no focus. I hope Peege survives and I hope she is her old self once more. They don't have to have the Atlantean origin but I think her personality , her struggles, and her rich relationships among the League should survive

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Steve Rude Sketch.

Powergirl.jpg
    Steve Rude can never get enough work at DC as far as I'm concerned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see if DC can pull this off. Right now, DC feels chaotic and meandering to me with littld to no focus. I hope Peege survives and I hope she is her old self once more. They don't have to have the Atlantean origin but I think her personality , her struggles, and her rich relationships among the League should survive
    It was those things, her personality, struggles and relationships that initially attracted me to the character. Whatever her origin, I liked that she was very distinctly NOT perfect, having plenty of character flaws which served to make a potentially remote and unrelatable godlike character into someone who actually had to work to succeed, and fairly often failed in some way. In a way, she's among the more human of the top power tier of DC heroes.

It was those things, her personality, struggles and relationships that initially attracted me to the character. Whatever her origin, I liked that she was very distinctly NOT perfect, having plenty of character flaws which served to make a potentially remote and unrelatable godlike character into someone who actually had to work to succeed, and fairly often failed in some way. In a way, she's among the more human of the top power tier of DC heroes.
    Yeah, the sass, temper, and her relationships with so many various heroes (some positive, some negative) made her interesting to me as well. I love how she and Wildcat do not get along, but have each other's back. She's an immensely wonderful character that unfortunately gets reduced to "the Supergirl with huge boobs" or "the bitchy feminist Supergirl" by lesser writers. :/

So the word on the grapevine is PG is in Infinite Frontier #3, likely part of a last page reveal. I can confirm it's on Bleeding Cool, so it sounds like she's actually going to be doing something next month.

But yeah, she's appearing in a DC comic next month and might actually get to speak, classic costume and all.

We're bottom feeders fighting for scraps at this point, but it's nice to see our girl in print.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So the word on the grapevine is PG is in Infinite Frontier #3, likely part of a last page reveal. I can confirm it's on Bleeding Cool, so it sounds like she's actually going to be doing something next month.

But yeah, she's appearing in a DC comic next month and might actually get to speak, classic costume and all.

We're bottom feeders fighting for scraps at this point, but it's nice to see our girl in print.
    Thank goodness! And thanks for the grand tidings, Rob!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Interesting, but I can't get over the fear that DC will just reintroduce her to again not get her right. Or get her sort of right, but never do anything with her. We shall see then which it is, sooner than I thought.

Interesting, but I can't get over the fear that DC will just reintroduce her to again not get her right. Or get her sort of right, but never do anything with her. We shall see then which it is, sooner than I thought.
    Oh, I'm worried too, but still there's the opportunity for her to be more than background filler and that's definitely exciting. I too hope the execution is good but time will tell.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

E7UMXzxWEAc6sYf.jpg
    Karen is back as a member of the reformed Infinity Inc.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    E7UMXzxWEAc6sYf.jpg
    Karen is back as a member of the reformed Infinity Inc.
    I was very happy to see she looks like she retains her toughness. Hopefully it won't be much longer before we can see her in an adventure going all Power Girl on stuff