Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well it never will happen; CW has had many chances to introduce her, and never did. Working her into SG should have been a no-brainer, but they didn't. Stargirl, maybe, but even I think that would be wrong as she'd just take over.
    Karen in Stargirl would really depend on how far the history of the JSA on Earth-2 got. Other heroes on that world did exist, the seven soldiers of victory, the all-star squadron, and the freedom fighters, so nothing specifically is saying that the cousin of a semi-retired Superman couldn’t be on that Earth either. Could be like the 70’s All-Star comics she just hasn’t made her official debut yet, maybe because of the death of the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Karen in Stargirl would really depend on how far the history of the JSA on Earth-2 got. Other heroes on that world did exist, the seven soldiers of victory, the all-star squadron, and the freedom fighters, so nothing specifically is saying that the cousin of a semi-retired Superman couldn’t be on that Earth either. Could be like the 70’s All-Star comics she just hasn’t made her official debut yet, maybe because of the death of the JSA.
    Well, imagine if they'd put her in season one for example. It would have killed the season; either you'd have to explain why such a vastly uber powered character could be there and not take out the entire Injustice Society with ease, or you'd have her do just that and leave the rest of them....doing what exactly? Unless you have villains that are totally outside of Stargirl and her team's ability to stop....using PG would just knock the narrative for a loop. It might potentially work...but it would be quite difficult.

Extraordinary Member

A cover from AH!

One of Guillem March's alternate covers:

Trying to find a good image of his PG wading in lava alternate cover.

Extraordinary Member

Here's some PG pics that seem to have a....theme. See if you can spot what that theme is....

In the above, from Supergirl, she's...Kandor's Nightwing.

Well, imagine if they'd put her in season one for example. It would have killed the season; either you'd have to explain why such a vastly uber powered character could be there and not take out the entire Injustice Society with ease, or you'd have her do just that and leave the rest of them....doing what exactly? Unless you have villains that are totally outside of Stargirl and her team's ability to stop....using PG would just knock the narrative for a loop. It might potentially work...but it would be quite difficult.
    I mean the injustice society killed the Justice Society in Stargirl so I would assume that they are some tough customers who could handle someone like Powergirl if they could handle Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Dr. Fate not to mention others like Hourman, Johnny Thunder, and Starman. Though that is guess work, I would assume Solomon Grundy would have helped in that regard.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Most of Karen's appearances aren't about her body at all. It's mostly the fan conversations.

When Karen appears with Harley Quinn, there is *always* some inappropriate comments and innuendo from Harley....which, obnoxious as it is, is appropriate for her character; Harley hits on everyone and has done the same to Superman and Wonder Woman. And a few of Karen's solo adventures tackled the topic, but through the lens of how she deals with people who can't look her in the eye, which is a valid exploration of her character and how she interacts with the world.

Power Girl isn't usually objectified in or by the narrative. She's only objectified by other characters on occasion. As for what the fans focus on....not much you can do about that.
    I think this image kind of sums it up best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerGirl/c...adexpectedgot/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty much this. It doesn't help that there was a period where every cosplayer trying to boost their brand did a PG cosplay which undoubtedly hurt the character in the long run.
    I feel like this kind of thing would help more than hurt the character if anything.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like this kind of thing would help more than hurt the character if anything.
    When the character turns into "I need to raise my cred, so let's cosplay the character everyone lusts after for her boobs and emphasize my boobs as a brand" then no, it doesn't help the character. It's like if they wanted to emphasize their butt so they dressed as Diana in a thong and that's all people knew Diana for. Emphasizing Karen as a vehicle for fetishes isn't going to help her because it would have already if it did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean the injustice society killed the Justice Society in Stargirl so I would assume that they are some tough customers who could handle someone like Powergirl if they could handle Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Dr. Fate not to mention others like Hourman, Johnny Thunder, and Starman. Though that is guess work, I would assume Solomon Grundy would have helped in that regard.
    Well, if amateur Hourman can take Grundy, PG would do so in her sleep. Icicle wouldn't be able to do anything, or even slow her down. Sportsmaster and Tigress, ditto. Fiddler...probably not, and only if PG suddenly went stupid and forgot her powers and how to use them. Shade...maybe could do something, but we don't even know if he actually killed Dr. Midnite, after which he just left. That sorcerer type...was killed early on by Icicle.

And to be honest, the only big thing I had issue with in the Stargirl show's first season was that this particular Injustice Society could beat guys like Jay and Alan, (Dr. Fate didn't even seem to be at that fight....and there's absolutely no way the Injustice Society could have taken him---that's probably why he was absent).

Well, if amateur Hourman can take Grundy, PG would do so in her sleep. Icicle wouldn't be able to do anything, or even slow her down. Sportsmaster and Tigress, ditto. Fiddler...probably not, and only if PG suddenly went stupid and forgot her powers and how to use them. Shade...maybe could do something, but we don't even know if he actually killed Dr. Midnite, after which he just left. That sorcerer type...was killed early on by Icicle.

And to be honest, the only big thing I had issue with in the Stargirl show's first season was that this particular Injustice Society could beat guys like Jay and Alan, (Dr. Fate didn't even seem to be at that fight....and there's absolutely no way the Injustice Society could have taken him---that's probably why he was absent).
    We never saw the bodies for either of them, so I think they're around somewhere. Alan may have gotten pulled into the Lantern or something and maybe the Speed Force took Jay.

I just really don't want to believe they're gone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    We never saw the bodies for either of them, so I think they're around somewhere. Alan may have gotten pulled into the Lantern or something and maybe the Speed Force took Jay.

I just really don't want to believe they're gone.
    Well, it would be nice if they're still around. Hopefully, that's what the showrunners go with.

Well, it would be nice if they're still around. Hopefully, that's what the showrunners go with.
    Rumor I heard was they casted someone to play Jade, though that’s not 100% confirmed.
    Words to live by.

First appearance: All-Star Comics #58 (January-February 1976)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    First appearance: All-Star Comics #58 (January-February 1976)
    One of the crown jewels of my collection.

Incredible Member