Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not off the top of my head, no. I feel like Karen has threatened to do it, and meant it, but I don't remember her ever actually doing it?

Unless we count things like parademons, anyway. Those things are sometimes shown to be sentient but they look like monsters so nobody seems to count them as a "kill."

And I'm not sure I even count "Old Man Joker" as a kill. Memory of that scene is fuzzy but I don't recall Karen killing him on purpose, she just grabbed his hand. Maybe she was saving Helena from being electrocuted? I forget. Either way, I don't recall her killing Joker with intent, at most it's unintentional manslaughter....and as far as hero codes go I don't usually count that as "killing."
    She was saving Helena, and she did just hold on. But...the scene went for a few panels, during which she never even looked like she was going to let go, even though she saw what it was doing to him---and the expression on her face was not one that suggested she was interested in saving him. The only other intentionally cruel thing I ever saw the character do was burn off that minor villainess's arm.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    She was saving Helena, and she did just hold on. But...the scene went for a few panels, during which she never even looked like she was going to let go, even though she saw what it was doing to him---and the expression on her face was not one that suggested she was interested in saving him. The only other intentionally cruel thing I ever saw the character do was burn off that minor villainess's arm.
    Yeah, that is one thing with Galatea, she did do things that were malicious. But not actually all that many.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, that is one thing with Galatea, she did do things that were malicious. But not actually all that many.
    Actually, with Galatea, we know she killed at least two people, but the Joker was actually classic cannon PG. Which I found odd. As was the heat visioning off a bad guy, (well, girl), arm. Just to make a point BTW.

Arrow

Actually, with Galatea, we know she killed at least two people, but the Joker was actually classic cannon PG. Which I found odd. As was the heat visioning off a bad guy, (well, girl), arm. Just to make a point BTW.
    Galatea is probably my favorite animated version of "Powergirl" (there have been so few thus it is a no-contest in my mind lol).

My latest story to feature a version of Karen -

Crossover

DC Comics/Dragon Ball

Title

Goku And Carri (Powergirl/Chi Chi fusion) The Early Years

Summary

Set in my "Power Woman Wife of Goku" Universe. The adventures of Kid Carri, Kid Goku, and their many friends and enemies from the time of Dragon Ball through the beginning of Dragon Ball Z.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1394722...he-Early-Years

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Some cute Powergirl/Spider-Man crossover context -

https://www.deviantart.com/incredibl...igin-889279216

Powergirl Princess Leia Cosplay goodness -

https://www.deviantart.com/ramartwor...ia-2-787615529

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Ummm....I just sort of like that look, I don't really know why...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Nobody tell Harley about this!
    Assassinate Putin!

So Karen definitely got more to do in this weeks issue of Infinite Frontier, and they make reference to her past run ins with Psycho Pirate.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So Karen definitely got more to do in this weeks issue of Infinite Frontier, and they make reference to her past run ins with Psycho Pirate.
    I've got it on hold at my LCS, but you're making me impatient. Gonna have to restrain myself from double dipping.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've got it on hold at my LCS, but you're making me impatient. Gonna have to restrain myself from double dipping.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. The art on this issue is a mess. Feels very much like something that was rushed out to hit a deadline rather than something anybody involved had much time to really work on. Don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it made for a disappointing issue for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. The art on this issue is a mess. Feels very much like something that was rushed out to hit a deadline rather than something anybody involved had much time to really work on. Don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it made for a disappointing issue for me.
    But does she actually DO anything interesting? Some memories about PP, (who never did anything for me as a PG bad guy, Johns' efforts notwithstanding), don't really mean much to me, I'm afraid. Any special moment?

But does she actually DO anything interesting? Some memories about PP, (who never did anything for me as a PG bad guy, Johns' efforts notwithstanding), don't really mean much to me, I'm afraid. Any special moment?
    1. She personally smack talks Psycho Pirate because of their last introduction which has been discussed. Also I would say it’s kind of special if you know what he did to her concerning her origin and infinite crisis.

2. She is the one who goes to attack the Psycho Pirate aka one of the big bads of this series who apparently can summon shadow enemies like the anti monitor now?

3. I’m not sure it matters but she’s basically leading the charge in the attack, or looks to be standing in front of the team.

4. She does fight Magog from Kingdom Come as well, but it’s not really all that meaningful as Psycho Pirate

Actually it’s surprising that she is never seen fighting Superdoom even though she’s literally Superman’s cousin. I mean I’m glad to see them connect the story to her personally but weird she didn’t attack the actual Superman villain.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-01-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

With all of the various DC homages running around the Marvel Universe, I wonder why they never created a Power Girl analog?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-07-2021 at 07:20 PM.