Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was really intrigued by this but now I think I might skip it. I love Russel but I'm not willing to put up with more PG abuse.

I feel like we need to hire an advocate for the character, yknow? Send a "cease and desist" order to DC.

Maybe it'll all work out right. Maybe Karen has a good reason for all this, like she's undercover or running a scam on Lord or something. I dunno, but unless the first issue is in my pull box already I think I'll skip it and wait for y'all to tell me if it's worthwhile.
    If any of that turns out to be true, then I will apologize for doubting them on this issue. Somehow, though, I don't think I'll have to...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was really intrigued by this but now I think I might skip it. I love Russel but I'm not willing to put up with more PG abuse.

I feel like we need to hire an advocate for the character, yknow? Send a "cease and desist" order to DC.

Maybe it'll all work out right. Maybe Karen has a good reason for all this, like she's undercover or running a scam on Lord or something. I dunno, but unless the first issue is in my pull box already I think I'll skip it and wait for y'all to tell me if it's worthwhile.
    You know me, bud. I'll let you know that's up every month. Just stop in.

As of now, everything with PG is setup and wildly incongruous with her character so it could and should be a misdirect or indication something is wrong, but that remains to be seen. Russell stated in an interview he doesn't want it to specifically be continuity and he's playing loose with it, so it can go either way.

He's a very talented writer of satire, so I don't think he'd pull that big a hack move, but nobody bats 1.000.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to stick with all six issues unless something egregious happens so I'll let you all know how our girl faires each month. Obviously some of us disagree on her character, though, so take my appraisals work handfuls of salt.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know me, bud. I'll let you know that's up every month. Just stop in.

As of now, everything with PG is setup and wildly incongruous with her character so it could and should be a misdirect or indication something is wrong, but that remains to be seen. Russell stated in an interview he doesn't want it to specifically be continuity and he's playing loose with it, so it can go either way.

He's a very talented writer of satire, so I don't think he'd pull that big a hack move, but nobody bats 1.000.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to stick with all six issues unless something egregious happens so I'll let you all know how our girl faires each month. Obviously some of us disagree on her character, though, so take my appraisals work handfuls of salt.
    hmmm just thought of something... any bets on whether it's Divine posing as Powergirl?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmm just thought of something... any bets on whether it's Divine posing as Powergirl?
    You think DC writers know about hair dye?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Divine is too deep a cut for this. PG is an afterthought to modern DC and Divine was a throwaway villain who made no impact from the back half of her run that nobody talks about except for like one panel to justify PowerWing as a ship.

So I really doubt it.
    May we never forget:

Hey that one panel is critical to my PowerWing ship! There's only like, three pages of them interacting in all of DC history!

Seriously though, yeah keep us posted. I don't think I'm headed to my LCS until after New Year's so I'll be an issue or two behind by then. Appreciate you and your wallet potentially taking a bullet for us. You're good people Robanker!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey that one panel is critical to my PowerWing ship! There's only like, three pages of them interacting in all of DC history!

Seriously though, yeah keep us posted. I don't think I'm headed to my LCS until after New Year's so I'll be an issue or two behind by then. Appreciate you and your wallet potentially taking a bullet for us. You're good people Robanker!
    Hey man. I base my Karen/Pieter Cross ship on equally miniscule grounds.
    May we never forget:

I prefer shipping Powergirl with Mr. Terrific.

Hmm Kryptonian clone as a throwaway villain though?

Incredible Member

Why is she wearing bracelets? are they just for show or do they have some sort of powers???

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Incredible Member

PG is in issue 4!

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_3

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wonder Woman Vol. 3, I think issue #5 but I'm not sure. It's in the first five of them for sure, though.
    Last edited by gwhh; 12-11-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Nightwing has too many girls already. I always thought her and Pieter Cross would make a great pair.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nightwing has too many girls already. I always thought her and Pieter Cross would make a great pair.
    PowerWing would be a fun short time thing. I think her and Pieter would be great, though.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    She also appears on issue 41 in that run and it was... well, it was something....
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    That's the one. It's easy as looking at Comic Vine but I didn't bother. lol

Considering how long it's been since I read it, I'm surprised I got it within an issue. Terry Dodson drawing PG is probably going to live in my brain rent free.
    May we never forget:

So Gaius asked who should voice Artemis in the WW game over in her own thread and in thinking about it, I realized Peri Gilpin (Volcana in STAS) is pretty much the perfect fit for Karen. She has the right register for Karen and can play either dramatic or sassy very, very well.

What's everyone else's idea for Karen's voice?
    May we never forget: