Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Yeah Karen beats the crap out of bad people all the time.

You *really* sure she wants that list for the reasons you're thinking, and that you wanna be on it?

Happy holidays everyone!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wasn't Lord under mind control when he did that?
    I don't think so. But I will revisit those this week as well as try to find BREAKDOWNS

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah Karen beats the crap out of bad people all the time.

You *really* sure she wants that list for the reasons you're thinking, and that you wanna be on it?

Happy holidays everyone!
    You're trying to reason with simping? I hope someone got you some good sense for Christmas.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Hoping I am on the naughty list.

Attachment 116515
    Power Girl's not bad, she's just drawn that way...

Honestly, not a fan of the big muscle look; she's got superpowers, she doesn't need huge muscles, and was always meant as sort of cheesecake by guys like Woods. Bring her back for real, DC. Give her epic adventures that matter to the wider DCU. Write her in character, and don't have her constantly job for Supergirl or whoever. Give her a few big wins, a solo against guys like Mongul or Darkseid. That's what she needs, among other things, to succeed at least as well as SG. That, and those live action appearances. Cyclone of all people is getting in a movie first. That Naomi character is getting a series after what one, two years? No one at DC likes or respects the idea of an older, more experienced and perhaps tougher version of SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You're trying to reason with simping? I hope someone got you some good sense for Christmas.
    Ha! I concede the point! And no, no good sense for christmas this year, just socks. You shall, regretfully, still be exposed to my nonsensical ramblings.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

There's this bit, but I still think it had better be an Elseworlds.

https://www.cbr.com/most-powerful-su...is-capitalism/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was almost interested in reading One Star Squadron, but it does not seem to be positioning Karen for a positive take, so I am passing it up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I was almost interested in reading One Star Squadron, but it does not seem to be positioning Karen for a positive take, so I am passing it up.
    I of course agree...but...I can completely see where you could do an Elseworlds villain....but she'd have to be an epic bad guy, not someone who easily gets punked, or someone without a real motivation for doing whatever. As an Elseworlds, a one-off, it could work. But she's a heroic character, and works best in that mode.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I of course agree...but...I can completely see where you could do an Elseworlds villain....but she'd have to be an epic bad guy, not someone who easily gets punked, or someone without a real motivation for doing whatever. As an Elseworlds, a one-off, it could work. But she's a heroic character, and works best in that mode.
    If Superman going evil is just to be a footstool for Bruce to rest on, I don't see Karen getting more respect.

They like him much more.

My last hot take of 2021: Karen would never go heel outside of an I Am Legend context where the understanding of good and evil shifts so much that she becomes a monster by virtue of no longer representing the moral center of the world she occupies. Essentially, playing straight Superman's role as presented in the intro to Kingdom Come.

I'd say the same of Clark and Kara, but I'm a constructionalist. I think deconstructing these characters is lazy and renders them as a sum of parts inferior to that of the whole.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-30-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

It seems every time she appears with Superman, it's always her as his right hand, rather than a character in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If Superman going evil is just to be a footstool for Bruce to rest on, I don't see Karen getting more respect.

They like him much more.

My last hot take of 2021: Karen would never go heel outside of an I Am Legend context where the understanding of good and evil shifts so much that she becomes a monster by virtue of no longer representing the moral center of the world she occupies. Essentially, playing straight Superman's role as presented in the intro to Kingdom Come.

I'd say the same of Clark and Kara, but I'm a constructionalist. I think deconstructing these characters is lazy and renders them as a sum of parts inferior to that of the whole.
    I mean... we have both Galatea and Divine... but... those are clones and sorta don't count.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... we have both Galatea and Divine... but... those are clones and sorta don't count.
    And nothing was ever done with either of them. It looked for a bit that McDuffy IIRC was going to make Galatea a tragic villain, but then for some reason, the writing team thought, "Eh, good enough, lets go to the pub" and let it go at that. Divine...er, no.

Which is one of PG's problems; DC very, very occasionally tries something with her. Doesn't matter what, because they never follow them up. They just toss an idea out there, and never again reference. In some cases, this is good, for example mentioning anything related to Atlantis and PG. Other times....like a dropped plotline from the original reboot Supergirl series wherein PG fights Saturn Queen and her lackeys across time over Supergirl. Curiously, while Supergirl herself seems vulnerable to Saturn Queen's powers, PG just isn't. They tossed that one out there and then never showed it.
    Last edited by achilles; 12-30-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And nothing was ever done with either of them. It looked for a bit that McDuffy IIRC was going to make Galatea a tragic villain, but then for some reason, the writing team thought, "Eh, good enough, lets go to the pub" and let it go at that. Divine...er, no.

Which is one of PG's problems; DC very, very occasionally tries something with her. Doesn't matter what, because they never follow them up. They just toss an idea out there, and never again reference. In some cases, this is good, for example mentioning anything related to Atlantis and PG. Other times....like a dropped plotline from the original reboot Supergirl series wherein PG fights Saturn Queen and her lackeys across time over Supergirl. Curiously, while Supergirl herself seems vulnerable to Saturn Queen's powers, PG just isn't. They tossed that one out there and then never showed it.
    well, I was just mentioning Galatea and Divine because they were evil versions of PG... sort of.

But yeah, we need more long term uses :/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, I was just mentioning Galatea and Divine because they were evil versions of PG... sort of.

But yeah, we need more long term uses :/
    Yeah, that was pretty clear. I was just bemoaning that they never really bothered to do anything with either of those characters. An evil version of PG should be well, an awesome and scary bad guy on a level with say a Darkseid, (really, any evil Kryptonian should be a major threat, and one used to actually fighting should be a nightmare. But....I'm afraid that if they ever go that way, evil PG will be a sort of joke, and no real threat.