Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    But she IS part of the Superman family. It's not like Nightwing gets remove from his family like PG is done. And I'm talking that she didn't even get to get interact with different versions of her parents. Kinda a disappointment tbh.
    Don't forget, for about twenty years, she wasn't a part of the "Superman Family". After CoIE, they removed her Kryptonian backstory.
    I don't think they brought that back into play until the 2005-2006 series Infinite Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't forget, for about twenty years, she wasn't a part of the "Superman Family". After CoIE, they removed her Kryptonian backstory.
    I don't think they brought that back into play until the 2005-2006 series Infinite Crisis.
    You are right, but i-verse,she never stopped being kryptonian. It's just a really weird part of her history that we can all just ignore.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where is this from?
    Justice Society of America Annual #1. September, 2008.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And during that time there's a panel where she admits she finds Superman hot. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And during that time there's a panel where she admits she finds Superman hot. Yeesh.
    And there is another one were she almost tongues him. Looking back I'm sure PG want to forget with alcohol.

Maybe that's why she always fails to escape from a choke hold? She's hoping to starve those memories of oxygen so they die and she can forget those things ever happened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I always liked PG because she is unique. The far more lonelier than Clark. Didn't she delved deep into depression post IC? The family she lost, she regained them, only to lose em to old age and a psycho.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Maybe that's why she always fails to escape from a choke hold? She's hoping to starve those memories of oxygen so they die and she can forget those things ever happened.
    Okay, that's my new go to explanation for that weakness.

Extraordinary Member

And there is another one were she almost tongues him. Looking back I'm sure PG want to forget with alcohol.
    The bit where she was possessed by one of the Seven Deadly Sins, (Lust of course, because no, Pride or Anger wouldn't be in character....oh, no, they would be...)? Virtue/Vice, I believe it was called?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The bit where she was possessed by one of the Seven Deadly Sins, (Lust of course, because no, Pride or Anger wouldn't be in character....oh, no, they would be...)? Virtue/Vice, I believe it was called?
    Yup. You got it in one. I consider both those basically retconned out because... Well yeah. Both are technically not a problem in-universe (moreso than possession normally is, of course) but they're trading on the reader knowing she was once his cousin to make them extra awkward. I just don't like it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yup. You got it in one. I consider both those basically retconned out because... Well yeah. Both are technically not a problem in-universe (moreso than possession normally is, of course) but they're trading on the reader knowing she was once his cousin to make them extra awkward. I just don't like it.
    Yeah, I hated that one too, especially that they blindly shoehorned her into "Lust", rather than something that makes sense for her character, like Pride or Anger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, I hated that one too, especially that they blindly shoehorned her into "Lust", rather than something that makes sense for her character, like Pride or Anger.
    Who from the JLA and JSA should have gotten lust then?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who from the JLA and JSA should have gotten lust then?
    Don't know, don't care. But I will also say that Mr. Terrific just didn't seem to be Pride, either. I'm not sure what he'd be, but he never before that came across as overly prideful. The opposite, rather; he was modest despite his accomplishments.

I always liked PG because she is unique. The far more lonelier than Clark. Didn't she delved deep into depression post IC? The family she lost, she regained them, only to lose em to old age and a psycho.
    See, Johns making her lonely and depressed and jealous because she wasn't close to Superman like Supergirl was the 2nd lowest moment in the character's history for me. But to each his own. I am glad that some Peege fans enjoyed it. I think it hurt her more than helped her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    See, Johns making her lonely and depressed and jealous because she wasn't close to Superman like Supergirl was the 2nd lowest moment in the character's history for me. But to each his own. I am glad that some Peege fans enjoyed it. I think it hurt her more than helped her.
    Well, that stuff is on my list too, but I'm curious now, what is your worst Power Girl moment?