Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 309
  1. #271
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bendis' parting gift:

    Attachment 111824
    I'm getting sick of this "the rules are different for certain writers" crap.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  2. #272
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bendis' parting gift:

    Attachment 111824
    Hard to refute the people's claims that Bendis only adheres to his own continuity when this sort of thing keeps happening with him.

    And I enjoyed his Superman runs.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  3. #273
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm getting sick of this "the rules are different for certain writers" crap.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. Now if only all his garbage ideas were kicked out the door with him. Usually, I'm not for full rests but in this case, I would gleefully make an exception by erasing Bendis' run from continuity in its entirety if I could.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-24-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #274
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bendis' parting gift:

    Attachment 111824
    In light of Superman and Lois I'm honesty tempted to think they're trying to write Lucy out of existence.

  5. #275
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In light of Superman and Lois I'm honesty tempted to think they're trying to write Lucy out of existence.
    There is another option. A more progresive option. An option than not erases Lucy, than makes the "only daughter" statement from Lois, true; than explains the existence of that other character from Bendis I don't want to spoil and also makes his revelation true also, AND even, is in the line of the romantic life of Jimmy Olsen. And even more, is in line with the character of Sam Lane who raised her children with the frustation of not having male offsprings.

    If you can read between lines, you will understand.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 07-25-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  6. #276
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There is another option. A more progresive option. An option than not erases Lucy, than makes the "only daughter" statement from Lois, true; than explains the existence of that other character from Bendis I don't want to spoil and also makes his revelation true also, AND even, is in the line of the romantic life of Jimmy Olsen. And even more, is in line with the character of Sam Lane who raised her children with the frustation of not having male offsprings.

    If you can read between lines, you will understand.
    If I'm reading you right, I don't think they'd go that far .

  7. #277
    Incredible Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There is another option. A more progresive option. An option than not erases Lucy, than makes the "only daughter" statement from Lois, true; than explains the existence of that other character from Bendis I don't want to spoil and also makes his revelation true also, AND even, is in the line of the romantic life of Jimmy Olsen. And even more, is in line with the character of Sam Lane who raised her children with the frustation of not having male offsprings.

    If you can read between lines, you will understand.
    I had considered that. I didn't think they'd actually do it, but that would be pretty exciting if they did.
    Involving Jimmy's love life, now that is really an exciting possibility.

  8. #278
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I'm reading you right, I don't think they'd go that far .
    For me, they went that far with Alan Scott. Now, I believe they can go that far with Lucy.

    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I had considered that. I didn't think they'd actually do it, but that would be pretty exciting if they did.
    Involving Jimmy's love life, now that is really an exciting possibility.
    Curiously, it would be a pretty average relationship compared with other relationships than Jimmy has had.
    "But it's the fool who ponders on "what ifs" and "might have beens" for overly long?"
    Richard Swift (The Shade #11).

  9. #279
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Great, now I'll forever mourn when DC are too cowardly to make that wonderful idea canon.

  10. #280
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,703

    Default

    Well, I honestly prefer Lucy as Lucy and Lois having a sister but that's just me.

  11. #281
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Default

    That... is actually a pretty great idea.

    They'll never do it.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  12. #282

    Default

    IMG_20210725_171823_403.jpg

    From Superman: Son of Kal-El 1.

  13. #283
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There is another option. A more progresive option. An option than not erases Lucy, than makes the "only daughter" statement from Lois, true; than explains the existence of that other character from Bendis I don't want to spoil and also makes his revelation true also, AND even, is in the line of the romantic life of Jimmy Olsen. And even more, is in line with the character of Sam Lane who raised her children with the frustation of not having male offsprings.

    If you can read between lines, you will understand.
    I guarantee you've just given this way more thought than DC did.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  14. #284
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Posted this in the Lois thread, but figured it'd be worth mentioning here too, I think that the cleanest explanation would be that he might be a multiversal refugee that Sam found and raised/trained after Lois & Lucy. That'd deal with Sam having kept it from Lois for a while - he wouldn't have known that she was aware of the multiverse necessarily before she revealed things about her & Clark to him so it would make sense that he never told her about a "brother." And it would keep Sam's parenting of Lois (and Lucy if she still exists) intact with the no son thing.

    If not, he looks like he's younger or like 20's at least so that'd mean that he may not have been born until Lois was in her 20's herself. Given her and Clark seem to be at least in their late 30's right now if not 40's.

  15. #285
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Posted this in the Lois thread, but figured it'd be worth mentioning here too, I think that the cleanest explanation would be that he might be a multiversal refugee that Sam found and raised/trained after Lois & Lucy. That'd deal with Sam having kept it from Lois for a while - he wouldn't have known that she was aware of the multiverse necessarily before she revealed things about her & Clark to him so it would make sense that he never told her about a "brother." And it would keep Sam's parenting of Lois (and Lucy if she still exists) intact with the no son thing.

    If not, he looks like he's younger or like 20's at least so that'd mean that he may not have been born until Lois was in her 20's herself. Given her and Clark seem to be at least in their late 30's right now if not 40's.
    In the attachment, Lois refers to herself as his "only daughter". So obviously Lucy has been removed from continuity somehow.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •