Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you want from the new cartoon? About their relationship?

The description from the Polygon article sounds pretty solid - I think that they "slowly" get together. It looks like it is a kids cartoon, so they are going to somewhat lower key. But that pic really does set up a dynamic that I like, with Lois being very very much a lot for Clark, which I always think is part of his attraction to her.

Ultimately, overall I just want it to be fun! Investigations, superheroics, heroics from Lois & Jimmy. Curious to see what they do with villains and what other characters from the mythos come in.

If they do do the triangle, I'd hope they handle it somewhat better than just having Clark constantly lying to her. I think with the team behind it being alums from Voltron and She-Ra we'll get a pretty good take.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The description from the Polygon article sounds pretty solid - I think that they "slowly" get together. It looks like it is a kids cartoon, so they are going to somewhat lower key. But that pic really does set up a dynamic that I like, with Lois being very very much a lot for Clark, which I always think is part of his attraction to her.

Ultimately, overall I just want it to be fun! Investigations, superheroics, heroics from Lois & Jimmy. Curious to see what they do with villains and what other characters from the mythos come in.

If they do do the triangle, I'd hope they handle it somewhat better than just having Clark constantly lying to her. I think with the team behind it being alums from Voltron and She-Ra we'll get a pretty good take.
    My take's been that Lois is in on it but has to prove it (she didn't win a Pulitzer prize by just resting on a hunch, she wants to stick the evidence) and Clark doesn't give up the ghost, which kind of adds fuel to the fire so to speak. It becomes a game between them to see if they can best the other with a secret both are aware of but won't divulge completely for want of actually beating the other in said game. On some level, she understands he wants to keep the identity a secret for his own reasons and by the time they start dating, I think she understands him a bit more, but it also presents some unique problems for the relationship to keep it interesting until Clark tells her before getting his head caved in by bonehulk I mean Doomsday. :P

It becomes something kind of intimate between them and ultimately lets Lois keep her agency while allowing the usual status quo to exist. I don't know, it works for me. She's the world's greatest reporter and in so many ways, he's the greatest scoop and she wants all of that. :P

I've written it into my stupid fanfic I'll finish one day, at least.

I just don't know any other way to do the classic love triangle without Lois knowing he's Superman, though. It just comes across as gaslighting unless you really play up a vulnerability Clark's trying to hide (such as Luthor trying to kill the Kents or something) and even then, it's only so long before he'd have to tell her to not look like a creep. The classic triangle as presented just doesn't really work through modern eyes. For us old readers, it's grandfathered in and we know they love each other totally, but it doesn't read well to the new eyes that we need to keep the IP alive.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-23-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you want from the new cartoon? About their relationship?

Fun, friendly, goofy, and with a slow burn romance that builds up into something beautiful over time.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

An adorable Lois & Clark thread blew up on Twitter last night. By McKenna Jean Harris, one of the creators behind Pixar's new film Luca. Start from the top, it's like a 8 panel short that I'd kill to see her animate!

https://twitter.com/kennnajean/statu...16343343828998

Why does Lois look so young? It looks like Superman is meeting his little sister for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Why does Lois look so young? It looks like Superman is meeting his little sister for the first time.
    Really? I don't think she looks any younger than him there. They both kind of give off that young 20s still awkward at "adulting" vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? I don't think she looks any younger than him there. They both kind of give off that young 20s still awkward at "adulting" vibe.
    Definitely looks younger to me. Superman gives off a more mature vibe, could be the muscles and size in the picture. Lois seems much more "college intern at the Daily Planet" vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Definitely looks younger to me. Superman gives off a more mature vibe, could be the muscles and size in the picture. Lois seems much more "college intern at the Daily Planet" vibe.
    Well he is taller, and that picture makes it worse because he's flying so his head is that much further over Lois - but just looking at Lois herself the way she's drawn no size discrepancy worry, I just don't see her being any younger than early 20s. Even if she's college intern age, Superman doesn't look much older if at all either - he also seems early 20s to me. But art is subjective and they are both clearly drawn in a more younger adult style than what we're used to.

1622309791614.jpg

Perhaps Sasha Calle will play Lara Lane-Kent.

While Lois has always been a handful for Clark, which has been apart of their dynamic. I don't know if I like the idea she's too much of a handful. He's Superman after all.