Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

24.jpg

Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex 3.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...s-man-steel-2/

"Although I am skeptical about this site, but given the fact that Cavill has said before that it would be great if Lois had superpowers, then you can believe that the information is true."

An adorable Lois & Clark thread blew up on Twitter last night. By McKenna Jean Harris, one of the creators behind Pixar's new film Luca. Start from the top, it's like a 8 panel short that I'd kill to see her animate!

https://twitter.com/kennnajean/statu...16343343828998

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    An adorable Lois & Clark thread blew up on Twitter last night. By McKenna Jean Harris, one of the creators behind Pixar's new film Luca. Start from the top, it's like a 8 panel short that I'd kill to see her animate!

Why can't we have nice things?

If nothing else, I'd love to see her do a short that opens up the next Superman movie.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-04-2021 at 09:12 AM.

If I were a rich man I'd pay her to just animate this scene in full.
    But alas, my lottery winnings seem to have eluded me yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If I were a rich man I'd pay her to just animate this scene in full.
    But alas, my lottery winnings seem to have eluded me yet again.
    Would not surprise me if she did it herself. Looking through her timeline she does a bunch of rough animation of her own sketches it seems.

Would not surprise me if she did it herself. Looking through her timeline she does a bunch of rough animation of her own sketches it seems.
    That'd be nice.

Still kind of wish we'd get something animated and fully voiced that cute from WB...

Astonishing Member

Just a collection of storyboards would be a fun thing even if they don't result in an actual cartoon. I like the "smitten" look on Lois and the kind of naïve big-lug look on Supes.

McKenna Jean Harris put up another installment. Her facial expressions are so, well, expressive, you get so much out of really deceptively simple drawings. An animated short or GN based off these would seem like such a no brainer. Someone's putting this quality up for free, at least one editor at DC or WB's should take notice.

https://twitter.com/kennnajean/statu...48346157527041

McKenna Jean Harris put up another installment. Her facial expressions are so, well, expressive, you get so much out of really deceptively simple drawings. An animated short or GN based off these would seem like such a no brainer. Someone's putting this quality up for free, at least one editor at DC or WB's should take notice.

https://twitter.com/kennnajean/statu...48346157527041

There'll never be a Pixar Superman movie, because WB has their own studios and Disney owns Pixar, and I don't know how Pixar contracts work. But if WB/DC can ever hire her they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There'll never be a Pixar Superman movie, because WB has their own studios and Disney owns Pixar, and I don't know how Pixar contracts work. But if WB/DC can ever hire her they should.
    Probably some ironclad noncompete clauses in whatever contract she has with them for Luca. Those are pretty standard in tech but I'm not sure about how they work in production, because directors seem to jump across all those types of lines. Being in house at something like Pixar is probably closer to the tech contract than directing. She basically offered to do one in the original thread, so she might not be under anything that would prevent her from doing a comic for them.

A lot of other studios have caught up to Pixar though technically, the Into the Spider-Verse for example. It's probably just a matter of them being interested in doing that and putting the money up. Who knows though, with the way AT&T is going they might just be in the position to farm this stuff out anyways. Disney already has put out what is considered to be an excellent Lois & Clark cartoon with Hercules, hopefully someday we get a real thing.

Probably some ironclad noncompete clauses in whatever contract she has with them for Luca. Those are pretty standard in tech but I'm not sure about how they work in production, because directors seem to jump across all those types of lines. Being in house at something like Pixar is probably closer to the tech contract than directing. She basically offered to do one in the original thread, so she might not be under anything that would prevent her from doing a comic for them.

A lot of other studios have caught up to Pixar though technically, the Into the Spider-Verse for example. It's probably just a matter of them being interested in doing that and putting the money up. Who knows though, with the way AT&T is going they might just be in the position to farm this stuff out anyways. Disney already has put out what is considered to be an excellent Lois & Clark cartoon with Hercules, hopefully someday we get a real thing.
    You mean the 1990's Hercules? I never got the Superman vibes from it outside the whole strength and good person thing, but it was a fun movie and I even liked the Saturday cartoon series. As for us getting the real thing, we already had a 90s Superman cartoon with Lois in it - but yeah, it wasn't quite the same thing as I'd want from a cartoon with Lois in the title. Lois could always use some more love in the wider media, and especially the cartoons. Heck, so could Superman himself...

As for McKenna Jean Harris, however her contract works I would love if she gets some official work on Lois and Clark. But even if she never does, I like her handle on these together and the fan art. Better than we've gotten from DC at times.

She posted a few more images last night.

Including a funny "hint" as to her reasoning behind all the posts.