Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm glad people like the McKenna Jean Harris stuff. I expected more blow-back because of how many people in her Twitter threads were referring to her Clark as "himbo Superman".

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    She posted a few more images last night.

Including a funny "hint" as to her reasoning behind all the posts.

I'd read it. I'd preorder that book. Need another nice Superman book for my collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm glad people like the McKenna Jean Harris stuff. I expected more blow-back because of how many people in her Twitter threads were referring to her Clark as "himbo Superman".
    ...what the heck does "himbo" mean?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd read it. I'd preorder that book. Need another nice Superman book for my collection.

In general it means a male character who's strong, handsome and kind of dumb. Albeit, dumb in a sweet, polite and supportive way, personality-wise as opposed to a strong, dumb male character who's also full of toxic masculinity. Think Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove or maybe even Launchpad McQuack from Duck Tales. George of the Jungle from the Brendan Fraser movie is another one. Someone who kind of has the same personality as a golden retriever.

I don't know. I think some of the women replying to those threads just like the sweet, naive "aw shucks" farm boy interpretation of Clark.

In general it means a male character who's strong, handsome and kind of dumb. Albeit, dumb in a sweet, polite and supportive way, personality-wise as opposed to a strong, dumb male character who's also full of toxic masculinity. Think Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove or maybe even Launchpad McQuack from Duck Tales. George of the Jungle from the Brendan Fraser movie is another one. Someone who kind of has the same personality as a golden retriever.

I don't know. I think some of the women replying to those threads just like the sweet, naive "aw shucks" farm boy interpretation of Clark.
    Ah. I prefer Superman be smart and sweet, but hey whatever gets people interested in Clark!

Astonishing Member

Ah. I prefer Superman be smart and sweet, but hey whatever gets people interested in Clark!
    I suppose.

And I think sometimes the characterization of characters as "dumb" can be a little more complex. Like how Launchpad has an almost savant-like knack for safely crashing airplanes. Or how Bill and Ted have unusually large vocabularies (that they usually use correctly) and how they are actually good musicians when they apply themselves.

So maybe her Clark isn't dumb so much as just super-trusting.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

She's high profile and getting lots of buzz. There's no way an editor isn't reaching out and at least starting a discussion. Lots of them are on Twitter and bound to see it. Hopefully we hear an announcement in a few months that she's getting a book, likely one of the YA graphic novels where I think this would kill.

I know I'd go all-in. I've always got time to rot my teeth with Clois.

Astonishing Member

I was about to ask the same thing.

Astonishing Member

Certainly the comics prototype is Li'l Abner. Think what Clark Kent would be like had his rocket landed in Dogpatch rather than Smallville, and there you are.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Gorgeous video but sure would be nice to see DC Comics promote Lois and Clark this way all the time and not just when they are in the shadow of some bad press. This video is obviously wonderful but I question the motives given everything going on right now.

Also ....maybe hire a Superman writer who mentions her in interviews and is interested in writing her??? LOL

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Gorgeous video but sure would be nice to see DC Comics promote Lois and Clark this way all the time and not just when they are in the shadow of some bad press. This video is obviously wonderful but I question the motives given everything going on right now.

Also ....maybe hire a Superman writer who mentions her in interviews and is interested in writing her??? LOL
    Indeed, that would be a good first step.

PS Out of curiosity, What is the "bad press" the couple is in "the shadow of"? I dropped the comic books when it became clear Teen Jon and other Bendis' changes were not going to be undone any time soon, so, I'm a bit behind on all things Sups (comic book-wise) these days.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-07-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Happy anniversary to my favourite comic couple!!!!