Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

image.jpg

By JOSÉ LUIS GARCÍA-LÓPEZ.

images.jpg

DMtIGdC.jpg

BANNED

I have a lot of concerns about the direction of Superman and Lois based on both the red flags that Nadria Tucker raised about both racial insensitivity and outright sexism in the writer’s room. I was very put off by the way Todd Helbing talked about Lana during Fandome (it felt genuinely OFF and inappropriate) and I have a lot of concerns about this show not treating Lois as an equal player even though her name is in the title.

So....real concerns. But I do think the most recent promo pic of Tyler and Elizabeth standing in the field is beautiful and powerful. I’ll live for that photo and pray for a show that lives up to its’ potential.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I have a lot of concerns about the direction of Superman and Lois based on both the red flags that Nadria Tucker raised about both racial insensitivity and outright sexism in the writer’s room. I was very put off by the way Todd Helbing talked about Lana during Fandome (it felt genuinely OFF and inappropriate) and I have a lot of concerns about this show not treating Lois as an equal player even though her name is in the title.

So....real concerns. But I do think the most recent promo pic of Tyler and Elizabeth standing in the field is beautiful and powerful. I’ll live for that photo and pray for a show that lives up to its’ potential.
    Giving effective agency is always a problem when you have a non-superpowered (or non-superhero) co-star in a superhero series. At the end of the day, the genre is an action-orientated one and if a co-star cannot engage in these scenes they are frequently (and understandably so) sidelined.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-12-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Giving effective agency is always a problem when you have a non-superpowered (or non-superhero) co-star in a superhero series. At the end of the day, the genre is an action-orientated one and if a co-star cannot engage in these scenes they are frequently (and understandably so) sidelined.
    Not always. In Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Lois was in the title of the series and she was one of the central characters. I hope it will be the same this time. And the heroes also sometimes have a secondary role despite the fact that his (her) nickname is in the title.

20210113_043112.jpg

New photo from Superman And Lois (via Bitsie).