Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Who says Cap would be part of that team at all.
    Could always pull the "can't be caught doing illegal stuff" in universe reasons while the obvious out of universe reason is that the he already has his own films.
    He was only in one iteration of the team in the comics.
    Besides yes I'd have set it before civil war.

For a roster I'd have taken Nat, Clint, Sam and Agent 13.
    Maybe hill as the behind-desk-boss.
    I think you misunderstand.I am talking about a movie about the secret avengers as they were in the MCU post-Civil war pre-IW.And Cap has no problem to break laws to do whats right.He doesn't care about the rules if they mean he can't help people.That was a big point in CW.
    I think you are talking about a new team.1 question, where in the timeline of MCU would your team exist?

Ah I see. Yes I am talking about the possibility of making the closest thing to a "don't call it a Black Widow Movie" they probably could have pitched under the Perlmutter management.
    As for the MCU timeline I'd have set it between Winter Soldier and Civil War or between Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier depending on how Shield-centric they'd want it.

And yes Steve isn't above doing illegal but morally right stuff but pre civil war that's not fitting with his place in the universe at that point and like I said: his own movies deal with that stuff anyway so there'd be no need for him to be there.

As for a movie set between Civil and infinity war featuring Caps team: yeah I agree Nat wouldn't lead that one and I mean we already know what she did in that time thanks to the movie that was actually released.
    So that strikes me as unecessary.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Ah I see. Yes I am talking about the possibility of making the closest thing to a "don't call it a Black Widow Movie" they probably could have pitched under the Perlmutter management.
    As for the MCU timeline I'd have set it between Winter Soldier and Civil War or between Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier depending on how Shield-centric they'd want it.

And yes Steve isn't above doing illegal but morally right stuff but pre civil war that's not fitting with his place in the universe at that point and like I said: his own movies deal with that stuff anyway so there'd be no need for him to be there.

As for a movie set between Civil and infinity war featuring Caps team: yeah I agree Nat wouldn't lead that one and I mean we already know what she did in that time thanks to the movie that was actually released.
    So that strikes me as unecessary.
    Oh okay.Yeah that would be cool.

Yeah at that point his actions weren't being limited by the government.

I meant after she joins up with the Avengers.We never got to see the Secret Avengers in action except that one fight in IW.Would have loved to see how they were still helping out from the shadow's.Would have a great Nat presence since she is used to all this.

Fair! I certainly wouldn't object to it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

So now that she's done how does everyone rank Natasha's portrayals in the MCU?

My order would be:

Black Widow
    The Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Endgame (solely due to Scarlett who elevated the little she got)
    Civil War
    Iron Man 2
    Infinity War / Age of Ultron
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

My order would be:

Black Widow
    The Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    Iron Man 2
    Ha, this is my exact ranking as well.

There’s something about her in A1 that’s magnetic.

The fact that Whedon gave me both my favourite (The Avengers) and least favourite (AoU) versions of MCU Natasha has haunted me for years. The portrayal in Black Widow is by far my favourite now though. She was wonderful in this film!

Extraordinary Member

My order would be:

Black Widow
    The Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    Iron Man 2
    Winter Soldier(She just had a vibe and I loved it)
    Avengers
    Civil War(Calling Tony out and having the guts to make the hard choice)
    Infinity War(She was just great)
    Endgame(what she got was great gut it didn't allow for much time)
    Black Widow
    Iron man 2(personally would be much higher if they had better action, I was fine with the portrayal and the femme fatal thing was done very well)
    AoU(just weird)

My order would be:

Black Widow
    The Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    Iron Man 2
    Black Widow
    Winter Soldier (the chat in the car is so good)
    Civil War
    Avengers
    Endgame
    Iron Man 2
    Infinity War (TBF outside of Wanda and Vision no avenger had their greatest scenes there because it's the thanos movie)
    Age of Ultron (there's some good scenes but it gets overshadowed by the bad easily)
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-18-2021 at 02:29 AM.

My Twitter

Saw it last night, loved it. It would probably rank in my top 10 MCU films.

It's one of those movies that you can just feel that there was a sense of passion and love for the character. You can tell that Feige and Johansson were passionate about the whole thing and delivered the best Black Widow movie they could.

I loved how they showed every aspect of Nat's character. They went to her past, present, and a glimpse to the future and showed how much her character has progressed. They took her theme of escaping a horrible past, move to become a hero and just run with it. The movie is perfect with it's themes of finding humanity, reclaiming agency and finding closure.

As for Taskmaster, I get were his fans are coming for, but I really liked with what they were going for. Thematically this version of Taskmaster works as a reflection of what Nat could have become; a faceless perfect assasin who has been stripped of all their humanity, and who yet still had a heart beneath all that. Taskmaster being a near reflection of Nat, literally coping her movements, drives further the point, but I thought all of the other Widows also drove the point. Probably a better solution would have been to give her a new identity, either a new masked character, a obscure villain, or even Ronin and even tied that to the Hawkeye show. But overall, Task was a villain who fit with what they were going for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Saw it last night, loved it. It would probably rank in my top 10 MCU films.

It's one of those movies that you can just feel that there was a sense of passion and love for the character. You can tell that Feige and Johansson were passionate about the whole thing and delivered the best Black Widow movie they could.

I loved how they showed every aspect of Nat's character. They went to her past, present, and a glimpse to the future and showed how much her character has progressed. They took her theme of escaping a horrible past, move to become a hero and just run with it. The movie is perfect with it's themes of finding humanity, reclaiming agency and finding closure.

As for Taskmaster, I get were his fans are coming for, but I really liked with what they were going for. Thematically this version of Taskmaster works as a reflection of what Nat could have become; a faceless perfect assasin who has been stripped of all their humanity, and who yet still had a heart beneath all that. Taskmaster being a near reflection of Nat, literally coping her movements, drives further the point, but I thought all of the other Widows also drove the point. Probably a better solution would have been to give her a new identity, either a new masked character, a obscure villain, or even Ronin and even tied that to the Hawkeye show. But overall, Task was a villain who fit with what they were going for.
    We recently got a interview for taskmaster and I see why they did what they did.
    But there was no reason to make this character taskmaster, make an oc or use someone else from the wide array of comic characters.

Scarlett definitely, not so sure about Feige though. If he were passionate about it he could have made it in phase 3 but instead opted to give the world an Ant-Man sequel nobody asked for or a Captain Marvel movie that was rather pointless in phase 3 as she could have easily been introduced in phase 4 given how minuscule her role in Endgame turned out to be. My guess is that Feige's biggest impact in the making of the movie was Yelena and setting up the future, but I'm glad he had the decency to let Scarlett and the creatives do their thing for the biggest part.

Agree with your points on the movie's themes.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Feige had been wanting a BW movie for a while. It was Perlmutter who kept that from happening. By the time Disney gave full reign to Feige, they had everything of phase 3 planned. It's one of those that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, but you can tell in interviews from before and after production that it was something he had been wanting to happen for a while.

Feige had been wanting a BW movie for a while. It was Perlmutter who kept that from happening. By the time Disney gave full reign to Feige, they had everything of phase 3 planned. It's one of those that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, but you can tell in interviews from before and after production that it was something he had been wanting to happen for a while.
    First of all, Feige announced a female-led movie in 2014 so obviously Perlmutter wasn't that influential any more at that point. As I said Feige could have given that spot to BW if he were that passionate about it but he chose to give it to Captain Marvel instead.

Perlmutter was completely out in 2015. After that Feige changed the phase 3 slate and kicked Perlmutter's pet project Inhumans out and shoved the Ant-Man sequel in. This was another chance to use a slot for the BW movie if he were really passionate about it but again he chose differently.

So no, Perlmutter can only be made responsible for phases 1 and 2, after that Feige made the calls he wanted. This movie not happening in phase 3 is on Feige.