Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm loving the current series, especially Casagrande's art. Hope she doesn't become super slow or jumps from book to book (Cabal) or sticks to covers (Dauterman). Hope she becomes a breakout star! A sustained run from her would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    My first thought was Ivan as well. Very intrigued though since KT seemed to want to stay away from Red Room stuff, which seems to be where most writers take Natasha's "figure from the past" from.

I am also looking forward to the formal wear! I have really loved the fashions in this title so far for Natasha, and I'd love to see Yelena dressed to the nines.
    After the movie I have trouble imagining Yelena in formal wear. She needs many pockets.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    After the movie I have trouble imagining Yelena in formal wear. She needs many pockets.
    Perhaps a big ass handbag. or little pockets strapped all about her person under the dress lol

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I didn't mean that they would necessarily create a romance between them, more that it would be revealed that Hydra and the Red Room had worked together and do had the Winter Soldier and Natasha. Again, it makes no sense from a narrative perspective that she would try to break his brainwashing by reminding him of other things he did while brainwashed. Just like Steve was able to get through to him in the Winter Soldier by reminding him of their past before the war, it would make a lot more sense if Natasha's "you could at least recognize me" was a reference to some memories where he was actually himself in some way. Again, not necessarily romantic. The fact that Natasha didn't reveal the connection in Captain America: The Winter Soldier isn't out of character for her, either.
    I dunno man that feels like a massive reach to me.
    I always saw it as Natasha seeing that he is in his "triggered" mode and not in his reasonable one which she must have witnessed in some way during his captivity or from Steve's reports.
    I doubt if she would have said the thing when he hadn't been "possessed" at that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Now watch Casagrande incorporating hoods into their dresses
    You know I'd be so down for that actually.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I always saw it as Natasha seeing that he is in his "triggered" mode and not in his reasonable one which she must have witnessed in some way during his captivity or from Steve's reports.
    I doubt if she would have said the thing when he hadn't been "possessed" at that moment.

I've always been of the same mindset of chicago_bastard. I don't think it was ever intended to mean anything or be followed up on, it was just a line they threw in as an easter egg for the comic book shippers. She showed zero interest nor concern for him at any other time, even in the same film, which I feel like they would do if they intended for it to lead to anything. As it is, I don't think there's any context in which it makes sense.

Extraordinary Member

Them having any common past is a reach.A romance even more so.
    It's the interviews and comics fans that made it seem so imo.

They might retcon it into canon if they feel like but isn't that impossible now because of BW showing she had no serum and wasn't around that time.

It's easy to say that it's a reach in 2021, now that MCU's Natasha has been killed off and her backstory has been shown in relative depth. I'm talking about 2016, when very little of her history had been revealed, and we didn't know what her future in the MCU would be. Back then, it wasn't unreasonable to think that that a line of dialogue hinting at an accurate adaptation of a comic storyline might be real foreshadowing rather than an Easter egg throwaway line. It's moot now, obviously, but they could easily have gone in that direction, and it wouldn't have been farfetched if they had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It's easy to say that it's a reach in 2021, now that MCU's Natasha has been killed off and her backstory has been shown in relative depth. I'm talking about 2016, when very little of her history had been revealed, and we didn't know what her future in the MCU would be. Back then, it wasn't unreasonable to think that that a line of dialogue hinting at an accurate adaptation of a comic storyline might be real foreshadowing rather than an Easter egg throwaway line. It's moot now, obviously, but they could easily have gone in that direction, and it wouldn't have been farfetched if they had.
    Yeah, this makes sense

Even back then it would have felt all kinds of odd after the previous movie but I guess the point is indeed not relevant in 21.

The preview looks great in any case.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-23-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Black Widow won the Eisner for best new series!

Wow, that's cool. Fingers crossed that Marvel won't cancel a series that won an Eisner...
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I'll say I probably liked Captain Marvel a little bit better overall but I'm just happy for Kelly in general.

My Twitter

I'll say I probably liked Captain Marvel a little bit better overall but I'm just happy for Kelly in general.
    Agreed, though it could be because I'm not as familiar with Carol before this run so I can enjoy it with no preconceived notions, while Natasha's book has the whole brainwashed fake family plot hanging over it now that I absolutely loathe so it bothers me. But i still like KT and read the book, unlike others I have dropped in the past, and am interested to see where it goes so I want it to continue. And honestly it deserves an award for the art and colouring alone! They truly elevate it.

Invincible Member

What's funny is they mention how Bloodrayne, Aeon Flux, and Ultraviolet bombed so Lionsgate cancelled this version of the BW movie. I'm like, "Hmm...I've seen all these movies and own two of them."