Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    So Marvel doesn't even inform the writers when they decide to delay release dates and KT learns about it through some random comic shop account instead?
    Now that you mention it, I don't think it's ever been consistent whether writers are even aware or know why their comics get delayed.

She was originally informed that it would come out in December. It wasn't until she saw that tweet from the cbs that she found out that it was delayed again until January.

The paper shortage crisis is gonna mess with release dates for a while.

Classic suit Widow in Savage Avengers #26

classic.jpg
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

classic.jpg
    I miss this...

Extraordinary Member

classic.jpg
    Ngl this is a banger suit.I'd like to see it back asap

Yeah, that's shoddy treatment if so.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hughes cover for #15

bw15.jpg
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

classic suit widow in savage avengers #26

classic.jpg
    Classic!!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hughes cover for #15

bw15.jpg
    Well, that's one way to emphasize her back...

Hughes cover for #15

bw15.jpg
    Ouch. Sick Cover tho.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Having read the new Spider-Woman issue with a joke of Natasha and Carol both calling Jess their bestie it occured to me that Nat hardly has any truly close relationships with fellow female heroes. I guess Jess and Carol would be the closest but they are hardly as significant in Nat's life as the guys.

Thinking further I realized that prior to the current run no other female hero ever appeared in a Nat solo book as far as I recall, which is quite puzzling. When she needed help it was always Clint, Bucky, Steve, Matt, Tony, or Logan who made guest appearances. Yelena is an exception but they weren't really friends until recently. She's also more of a supporting character of Nat anyway so appearing in her book from time to time is a given.

So the current run is pretty revolutionary in terms of giving Nat female relationships in her own stories.

Having read the new Spider-Woman issue with a joke of Natasha and Carol both calling Jess their bestie it occured to me that Nat hardly has any truly close relationships with fellow female heroes. I guess Jess and Carol would be the closest but they are hardly as significant in Nat's life as the guys.

Thinking further I realized that prior to the current run no other female hero ever appeared in a Nat solo book as far as I recall, which is quite puzzling. When she needed help it was always Clint, Bucky, Steve, Matt, Tony, or Logan who made guest appearances. Yelena is an exception but they weren't really friends until recently. She's also more of a supporting character of Nat anyway so appearing in her book from time to time is a given.

So the current run is pretty revolutionary in terms of giving Nat female relationships in her own stories.
    I remember a one-shot circa Mighty Avengers that had her, Janet, and Carol doing some girl talk after fighting the Bad Girls inc.

I dunno if she hung out with the girls much during her 90's Avengers days (that would've been Jan, Sersi, and Crystal?).

There's Bobbi too, but I'm not sure how close they're supposed to be (aside from the sisterhood of Clint exes).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember a one-shot circa Mighty Avengers that had her, Janet, and Carol doing some girl talk after fighting the Bad Girls inc.

I dunno if she hung out with the girls much during her 90's Avengers days (that would've been Jan, Sersi, and Crystal?).

There's Bobbi too, but I'm not sure how close they're supposed to be (aside from the sisterhood of Clint exes).
    Natasha and Bobbi get along pretty well. They definitely have a lot of professional respect for each other as spies (as seen in the first Avengers/WCA Annual crossover and in the Widowmaker miniseries), and Natasha called Bobbi "darling" in Secret Avengers, while Bobbi told Bucky to tell Natasha to call her to "experiment" in Deadly Origin. Plus Bobbi was crying on panel when Natasha died in Secret Empire, and again at her funeral.

I think Natasha is also fairly close with Janet, as far as classic Avengers go. There's cute scene with the two of them in Unstoppable Wasp.

But yeah, traditionally, Natasha has mostly had guys as the guest appearances in her own books, Yelena aside.

Extraordinary Member

Nat has Bobbi and maybe Janet IIRC

Also Clint, Bucky, Matt, aren't friends but exes.Steve and Tony were also more than friends w/ her IIRC(I'm 100% on Tony, not on steve) and Logan is her Uncle types.

I can't decide whether she needs more friends or her being more of a loner makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nat has Bobbi and maybe Janet IIRC

Also Clint, Bucky, Matt, aren't friends but exes.Steve and Tony were also more than friends w/ her IIRC(I'm 100% on Tony, not on steve) and Logan is her Uncle types.

I can't decide whether she needs more friends or her being more of a loner makes sense
    I don't think friend and ex exclude each other, especially in cases where the relationships date back to the Silver Age like with Clint and Matt. I'm pretty sure she never had anything with Steve in 616 and with Tony the most I can think of is an implied one night stand. Maybe you are thinking of the Ultimate Universe here.