Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Isn't her contract done now?
    If not I would love to see flashbacks of budapest.

Ehh.... secret avengers like the one in comics or the MCU?
    Cap lead them both so he'd probably do so in the MCU too, but Nat having a prominent second in command role would have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I agree. It is what it is. But I guess he MCU just couldnt pull the trigger on a BW film. The story behind that is probably an ugly one. That will be told one day.
    The story is out there already. E-mails of Ike Perlmutter claiming that female-led movies will never be successful were leaked years ago.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

While I loved the film, I naturally do have complaints.

- For being Natasha’s final outing, they did very little to utilize her bracelets! I was really hoping we would finally see all the cool **** she can do with those things.

- no red ledger theme from Avengers 1 and Endgame. The closest thing she has to a theme song and they don’t feature it even once? Super disappointing.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 07-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    While I loved the film, I naturally do have complaints.

- no red ledger theme from Avengers 1 and Endgame. The closest thing she has to a theme song and they don’t feature it even once? Super disappointing.
    That theme getting a nod was also my hope beforehand but have to say I still liked the score. I was sceptical at first when they fired Desplat and replaced him with Balfe but it turned out pretty good. Especially dug the Russian elements. And one tune even sounded a bit like Red Ledger though I guess it was not intentional.

Oh and Nat being the only Avenger to get the Avengers theme in her solo movie made up for the lack of Red Ledger.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 07-14-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Cap lead them both so he'd probably do so in the MCU too, but Nat having a prominent second in command role would have been amazing.
    Screw that crap! Why in the world would any Black Widow fan, or any MCU fan, want to see her playing second fiddle to any of the Avengers yet again? Geez, like we haven't had over a decade of Black Widow being treated like that in the MCU. And to Cap? Cap should never be involved in any 'secret' stuff. It's just not his personality.

And clearly, from this movie, they don't feel it's necessary to follow the comics slavishly.

Marvel really screwed up by not giving us the Black Widow movie much earlier, and giving her a trilogy of her own.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Screw that crap! Why in the world would any Black Widow fan, or any MCU fan, want to see her playing second fiddle to any of the Avengers yet again? Geez, like we haven't had over a decade of Black Widow being treated like that in the MCU. And to Cap? Cap should never be involved in any 'secret' stuff. It's just not his personality.

And clearly, from this movie, they don't feel it's necessary to follow the comics slavishly.

Marvel really screwed up by not giving us the Black Widow movie much earlier, and giving her a trilogy of her own.
    Never meant second fiddle.Does Tony Stark play second fiddle to Cap in the first 2 Avengers movies.The same thing.
    If you're on a team with cap you're not gonna lead.That and Nat isn't a leader type.Not that she can't lead.

And Cap did both secret avengers things in MCU and comics and people loved both.IW cap is considered one of if not the best phases of Cap.

Yeah, also Hulk and Hawkeye never got films as well(Hulk did have one, but not really a part of MCU.It technically is though).They all deserved at least one.Nat has one.I don't see them fitting a trilogy in the phases but Nat definitely deserved 2.One at around civil war would have been great.

Cap isn't the only one who led the Secret Avengers. There was also Fury, Hawkeye and Commander Hill.
    But as pointed out: the MCU never adapted anything 1:1. There's no reason why Natasha couldn't have led the team.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Another thing about the movie...

spoilers:
    I really wish that Red Guardian had kept the shield.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Cap isn't the only one who led the Secret Avengers. There was also Fury, Hawkeye and Commander Hill.
    But as pointed out: the MCU never adapted anything 1:1. There's no reason why Natasha couldn't have led the team.
    Yeah but Cap makes the most sense.As I said Nat can lead, but if you're on a team with Cap.He's leading.I mean it's in the name.
    Even in IW there were 2 factions, Cap vs IM.That was very well established in CW.
    Nat was pro-registration but deflected to Cap's side.How does Nat leading make any sense when she deflected to Cap's team.

Astonishing Member

Without seeing BW (the movie), I feel that Natasha's best showing was still Iron Man 2.

I hate that they downplayed her bracelets and had her using guns thereafter. Wasn't a fan of all the crazy hair styles later. For the most part, comic book version of Nat has it all over movie version.

It seemed to me that there was a return to the Widow's bracelets in the movie, which I liked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Without seeing BW (the movie), I feel that Natasha's best showing was still Iron Man 2.

I hate that they downplayed her bracelets and had her using guns thereafter. Wasn't a fan of all the crazy hair styles later. For the most part, comic book version of Nat has it all over movie version.
    Her tech was so versatile in that movie.
    Just needed better choreography

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

I hate that they downplayed her bracelets and had her using guns thereafter.
    Actually Iron Man 2 is the only movie in which she doesn't use her bracelets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It seemed to me that there was a return to the Widow's bracelets in the movie, which I liked.
    Yeah, especially this shot was nice:

wb.jpg

Yeah but Cap makes the most sense.As I said Nat can lead, but if you're on a team with Cap.He's leading.I mean it's in the name.
    Even in IW there were 2 factions, Cap vs IM.That was very well established in CW.
    Nat was pro-registration but deflected to Cap's side.How does Nat leading make any sense when she deflected to Cap's team.
    Who says Cap would be part of that team at all.
    Could always pull the "can't be caught doing illegal stuff" in universe reasons while the obvious out of universe reason is that the he already has his own films.
    He was only in one iteration of the team in the comics.
    Besides yes I'd have set it before civil war.

For a roster I'd have taken Nat, Clint, Sam and Agent 13.
    Maybe hill as the behind-desk-boss.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-15-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter