Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Natasha Romanov: Black Widow Appreciation 2021

Let's ring in the new year with a new appreciation thread for marvel's top spy. Happy new year Natasha, happy new year
    Black Widow!

What are we going to see?
    Well first and foremost her movie should drop AT LAST. I hope it's gonna be a banger and I hope we get to see it in Cinemas.

And in the world of Comics? Here we have her ongoing run by Kelly Thompson with beautiful art by Elena Casagrande.
    The book is on pause this month, afaik but will resume in February bringing the first arc to a conclusion.

Old Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2020/page60
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Nice opener. Some information from Kelly Thompson on Twitter:

#6 will be a stand alone story with a guest artist, then Elena Casagrande will be back for the second arc in issues #7-10.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Happy New Year to Natasha and all her fans .

Astonishing Member

I was testing this new series before adding it to my pull list. As of issue 4, I decided to take the plunge. I'm not crazy about the nu family angle, but I do like that Natasha has been portrayed as very formidable - despite the huge misstep in issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I was testing this new series before adding it to my pull list. As of issue 4, I decided to take the plunge. I'm not crazy about the nu family angle, but I do like that Natasha has been portrayed as very formidable - despite the huge misstep in issue #1.
    Sorry, but I think issue 5 may be the last one.

Well, having her memories replaced and becoming a mom didn't cause Natasha to lose her sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The last one featuring the Family or the last one in that run?
    One of those is unlikely the other VERY unlikely given that we already have confirmation of coming issues.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Well, having her memories replaced and becoming a mom didn't cause Natasha to lose her sense of style.
    Heaven forbid she lose that .

Her style in this book is definitely on point. I really love the art here, especially when it comes to action sequences!

So I guess I'm the only one who isn't fond of her sidecut? Here's hoping she'll go back to a more classic hairstyle when she's no fancy architect anymore but a superspy.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    As I already wrote the series is confirmed to go at least ten issues. Also to cancel the series right before the movie is supposed to start would make no sense at all. Movie synergy is the reason they started this series in the first place.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    So I guess I'm the only one who isn't fond of her sidecut? Here's hoping she'll go back to a more classic hairstyle when she's no fancy architect anymore but a superspy.

As I already wrote the series is confirmed to go at least ten issues. Also to cancel the series right before the movie is supposed to start would make no sense at all. Movie synergy is the reason they started this series in the first place.
    I certainly take it over the Indiana-Jones-&-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-villain hairstyle she had going for a couple of years rather recently.

The only design choices I question somewhat are the high heels for someone who is sneaky but it's clear that Casagrande leans heavily into the glamour-ish vibe superheroes are no strangers to so I can respect that.

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

I finally got around to buying the Black Widow white suit figure.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I'm just glad her hair is long again. I was kind of over the Samnee bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I certainly take it over the Indiana-Jones-&-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-villain hairstyle she had going for a couple of years rather recently.

The only design choices I question somewhat are the high heels for someone who is sneaky but it's clear that Casagrande leans heavily into the glamour-ish vibe superheroes are no strangers to so I can respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just glad her hair is long again. I was kind of over the Samnee bob.
    Oh we're on the same page on that, I definitely prefer her with long hair. Only the sidecut has to go

I don't even mind short hair. I just didn't like that specific haircut

Speaking of: As an old man over the age of 21 or however young the Fortnite Crowd is I have only recently seen the Black Widow model for that game and it looks freaking rad to be entirely honest.

Last edited by Matternativ; 01-01-2021 at 08:10 PM.

My Twitter