Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I mean y'all found your way here easily enough I don't see why that requires Spidey playing NPC in Nat's book.
    It was just a thought.It is a major advantage of comics that characters can appear in minor roles without any difficulties like Pay, actor's schedule, etc. to create a well-woven universe.

On other news, Seems like Ms Stone may also take legal action regarding cruella.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read the latest issue and I can agree with one thought I read two pages back(not going to go quote it), who/what is Apogee again?
    I've kind of lost a real understanding of him/her/corp in that they kidnap homeless and do experiments? If I'm even recalling that correctly.

I do like the Team Widow approach, like others have said, the "Nat goes it alone/burned bridges" schtick has been done to death the last few series.

Anya being on the team has a "neat" factor to it but it could just as well be Silk or heck Tigra. Just glad to see a supporting cast.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Has anyone picked up Amazing Fantasy? I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Wasn't familiar with Kaare Andrews but he's pretty great imo. I first thought there are different artists on the book but turns out he penciled all himself. The different story parts are so distinct in style it's really impressive he pulled that off single-handedly.

Especially loved the art of Nat's story that was in painted/watercolor style a bit similar to Alex Ross.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Has anyone picked up Amazing Fantasy? I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Wasn't familiar with Kaare Andrews but he's pretty great imo. I first thought there are different artists on the book but turns out he penciled all himself. The different story parts are so distinct in style it's really impressive he pulled that off single-handedly.

Especially loved the art of Nat's story that was in painted/watercolor style a bit similar to Alex Ross.
    It was great

Cap was my fav even though he's like 2 or 3 when it comes to my character preference among these 3
    Spidey was cool, way too much quippy and immature but that ending.I hope they can keep up with that kinda emotional weight.
    Nat was great as well, their potential.

I hope the interactions are good

Extraordinary Member

I like that it is not current versions of the characters....Natasha as a kid, Steve in WW2, Peter as a young hero starting out.....

Read a new interview with KT. Seems the slow pace is deliberate and she recognizes that it's risky.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.19.37 PM.jpg

Apparently this current arc ends with issue 10, then there's another standalone "bridge" issue, and a new arc starting with #12.

Here's the full interview btw.

Also has some preview pages for #10.

I’m just glad this series is going beyond 12 issues. The longest any BW series has gone is 20 issues.

That's a neat interview. Makes me hopeful. Curious about that bridge issue in particular.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I’m just glad this series is going beyond 12 issues. The longest any BW series has gone is 20 issues.
    True. But we don't yet know where this one will fall. Titles stop anywhere in between all the time.
    Just ones I can recall cause I was getting them: All New Invaders and Scarlet Witch were 15 issues. Punisher by Rucka at 16 issues and Moon Knight by Ellis/Wood/Bunn at 17 issues.
    Lets shoot to tie the 20 issue mark for now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Black-Widow-10-page-4.jpg

Such a poser...
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    True. But we don't yet know where this one will fall. Titles stop anywhere in between all the time.
    Just ones I can recall cause I was getting them: All New Invaders and Scarlet Witch were 15 issues. Punisher by Rucka at 16 issues and Moon Knight by Ellis/Wood/Bunn at 17 issues.
    Lets shoot to tie the 20 issue mark for now.
    If she is going six issue story arcs then the series will likely go until at least issue 18.

Get ready to see that pose pop up a lot in the future
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

So pleased with where the series is going and the supporting characters being utilized.

It’s still stunning to me that I took this long for Yelena to be properly incorporated in a significant way. Like, we could’ve had so many more stories of these two and yet she was treated like trash for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If she is going six issue story arcs then the series will likely go until at least issue 18.
    So far it has been green-lit in 5-issue-steps so as of now it's safe until #15.