Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Last edited by juan678; 06-12-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Fingerless gloves are a timeless sign of coolness (is what I'm telling myself whenever I wear them).
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Last edited by juan678; 06-12-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

**sigh** I'm really going to miss Natasha in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

My favorite film interpretation of Comic Heroine ever.

They could have gone so much further with the character, I think a part of me will always feel a little cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    **sigh** I'm really going to miss Natasha in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

My favorite film interpretation of Comic Heroine ever.

They could have gone so much further with the character, I think a part of me will always feel a little cheated.
    Especially since the very end is when she gets her solo movie.

I was already wondering if I'm the only one on this board who is excited for the movie as nobody was even mentioning it, let alone discussing it

Well, even at the risk of talking to myself here are my two cents:

What we've seen so far the comic run that influenced the story most is obviously the Waid/Samnee run. Of course the film isn't a direct adaptation of any comic but it seems like they took most inspiration from that one, which makes sense as it was one of the most cinematic comic books I ever read, especially the first issue, whose sky chase will also get directly referenced in the movie.

Also love this direct panel to screen adaptation:

bwtrailer.jpg
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I was already wondering if I'm the only one on this board who is excited for the movie as nobody was even mentioning it, let alone discussing it

What we've seen so far the comic run that influenced the story most is obviously the Waid/Samnee run. Of course the film isn't a direct adaptation of any comic but it seems like they took most inspiration from that one, which makes sense as it was one of the most cinematic comic books I ever read, especially the first issue, whose sky chase will also get directly referenced in the movie.

bwtrailer.jpg
    I echo that feeling. Not just here but also over on twitter and the like. If I ever see people talking about it they are always like "It will probably ge bood but I can't get excited".
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I echo that feeling. Not just here but also over on twitter and the like. If I ever see people talking about it they are always like "It will probably ge bood but I can't get excited".
    Actually I only get that feeling here. Everywhere else it's easily the most anticipated summer movie of the year.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 06-12-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Yeah, for a lot of people for whom the MCU has been their entry point and reference to the MU, Natasha is *the* premier female heroine of the MCU and this is a movie they've been waiting for for ten years and is simultaneously a send off for the character. The movie will do fine, it may not do as well as it could have in a pre-COVID era but I think it will do as well as a movie could in this post-COVID world.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

bwtrailer.jpg
    I didn't even think of that, but it makes sense.

Glad they didn't try to adapt the Samnee look though.

I'm really excited for it. And that they're adapting the Samnee/Waid run makes it even better. It's easily my favorite Black Widow series.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I didn't like the Waid/Samnee run much at all but if they want to throw in some action scene parallels be my guest.
    Some of these are pretty cool.

I do hope this story will have a much more creative and easier to invest storyline which is where aforementioned run faceplates hard for me.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I didn't like the Waid/Samnee run much at all but if they want to throw in some action scene parallels be my guest.
    Some of these are pretty cool.

I do hope this story will have a much more creative and easier to invest storyline which is where aforementioned run faceplates hard for me.
    Well aside from action parallels there are some obvious plot similarities: Nat is on the run from SHIELD in the comic, she'll be on the run from the governments of the world in the movie. She has to face a newly formed Red Room in both.

But that is only the basic outline, most of the story will surely play out differently so it's possíble you'll like the movie.