Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Marvel is never gonna close the door completely on her relationship with Bucky, just like they'll never close it on her and Clint, or Clint and Bobbi. They're all popular ships that a lot of people love and have deep history, just like so many others in the MU. But I agree this felt like Kelly Thompson washing her hands of it all for her run so she can focus on Natasha alone, and I don't think it's really fair to Natasha as a character to say she was just putting a pin in the relationship until she deals with her grief and then she'll immediately go back to it.

Right now I'm with Matt in that I'm more interested in the fact that we seem to be getting heroic Natasha back. I loved how she was in Secret Empire, and I haven't really felt a connection to the character since her resurrection as to me it felt like some writers went too far in trying to make her cold and edgy to overcompensate for her being perceived as "too soft". I also like that it seems like Yelena may be sticking around a while instead of Natasha completely cutting everyone out again. And Thompson has been doing a decent job introducing new characters so I look forward to seeing what she does with this new villain.

Having seen Wonder Woman 1984 I cant't help but think of the obvious similarities to Kelly Thompson's first BW arc. But whereas Patty Jenkins gets a lot of stick for her decisions Kelly seems to get a pass. Guess movies are held to a higher standard than comic books.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Having seen Wonder Woman 1984 I cant't help but think of the obvious similarities to Kelly Thompson's first BW arc. But whereas Patty Jenkins gets a lot of stick for her decisions Kelly seems to get a pass. Guess movies are held to a higher standard than comic books.
    What are the similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    What are the similarities?
    spoilers:
    In both cases some unknown random guy gets modelled into the person the female protagonist loves.

Both Diana and Nat basically knew their love interest for only a couple weeks, yet they are shown to be endlessly in love with them, what is taken to ridiculous levels with one not being able to get over him despite 70 years have passed and the other despite knowing she was brainwashed into loving that guy who isn't even himself.

Both stories focus on the feelings of the heroine for most of the time and suffer from a lack of action and a particularly disappointing final battle.
    end of spoilers
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Surpised at the mixed reception to this issue. I thought it was absolutely fantastic and set up a great jumping on point for nat

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Right now I'm with Matt in that I'm more interested in the fact that we seem to be getting heroic Natasha back. I loved how she was in Secret Empire, and I haven't really felt a connection to the character since her resurrection as to me it felt like some writers went too far in trying to make her cold and edgy to overcompensate for her being perceived as "too soft". I also like that it seems like Yelena may be sticking around a while instead of Natasha completely cutting everyone out again. And Thompson has been doing a decent job introducing new characters so I look forward to seeing what she does with this new villain.
    I don't know if it's so much depicting her as heroic, but it looks like she's going back to the street-level vigilante route instead of the superspy (which she hasn't really been since she stopped dating Daredevil).

If I’m a fan of KT’s Captain Marvel, would you recommend this? I’ve never read any Black Widow comics before, but this current series seems somewhat beginner-friendly. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    If I’m a fan of KT’s Captain Marvel, would you recommend this? I’ve never read any Black Widow comics before, but this current series seems somewhat beginner-friendly. Is that right?
    I mean I think it's easily the best run since Edmondson/Noto (which probably doesn't say much considering I wasn't huge on anything since then) but I'm not sure whether it's necessarily a good starting point if you want to get into the character.

While I'm generally of the opinion that you can start reading a character wherever/whenever you want I think I should point out that part of the appeal of this one to me at least is that it's something different than the endless "haunted by her past, also something something red Room" stories we've got over the years.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's so much depicting her as heroic, but it looks like she's going back to the street-level vigilante route instead of the superspy (which she hasn't really been since she stopped dating Daredevil).
    I could see Natasha working alongside Spider-Man & Daredevil respectively. Although, I would love to see Black Cat & Daredevil work together, as well as more story line development between Black Widow and Spider-Man, which would be a huge goldmine of source material that Marvel has already created...

I thought the first arc was pretty good. It was like a continuation of the "Nancy Rushman" persona from way back in MTU. I hope that they keep Yeleneva, Bucky and Clint as a part of her supporting cast and keep Viper and Snapdragon as her main villains. Maybe we can g-have an appearance by the Red Widow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I thought the first arc was pretty good. It was like a continuation of the "Nancy Rushman" persona from way back in MTU. I hope that they keep Yeleneva, Bucky and Clint as a part of her supporting cast and keep Viper and Snapdragon as her main villains. Maybe we can g-have an appearance by the Red Widow as well.
    Yelena is gonna stick around. Kelly mentioned she'd like to bring back da Boyz if they get a third arc.
    We get someone brand-new for the Villain for now though.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Highlight of the opening arc was Elena Casagrande artwork. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Highlight of the opening arc was Elena Casagrande artwork. So good.
    I hope Marvel signs Elena Casagrande on like they did with Carmen Carnero.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Black Widow 5 Alien Cover
    by
    TerryDodson